OH ARMOK YES!
- 7 (23.3%)
I'll have what she's having.
- 17 (56.7%)
Check please!
- 4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Caveravens: Year 3: Fall, 737: Fall to your DOOM  (Read 24675 times)

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
Re: Caveravens: A struggle for... Booze, I guess?
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2010, 03:29:51 pm »

I've been playing Dwarf Fortress for years now, and have a knack for 2010. I've created video tutorials and let's plays and stuff on it to help others out and they've gotten good reviews from the general populace, so I would say that I'm up there in the skill levels.

Well, I'm putting you in second, so you can "fix" any start-up mistakes (or just put down dozens of levers and laugh as we discover what each one does.) I'll go after you then, and we'll see from there.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2010, 03:51:24 pm »

Okay, I'm about to start. Real-life made me wait until now...anyways...I'm going to use .07 for the bug-fixes if nobody has any problems with that?
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2010, 04:00:19 pm »

no worries. .07 sounds good.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2010, 04:16:24 pm »

Nevermind. .07 has a game-breaking bug in it...K+Enter causes the game to explode. Oh well, when it's fixed, it'll be simple to change version. Onto the game (in .06)!

Edit: I should've taken a picture of that embark spot. I'm trying to find it currently. Also, since we need a 7th dorf, I'll just make a useful one, and somebody can claim it...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:28:51 pm by FuzzyDoom »
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2010, 06:32:24 pm »

Nevermind. .07 has a game-breaking bug in it...K+Enter causes the game to explode. Oh well, when it's fixed, it'll be simple to change version. Onto the game (in .06)!

Edit: I should've taken a picture of that embark spot. I'm trying to find it currently. Also, since we need a 7th dorf, I'll just make a useful one, and somebody can claim it...

alternatively make him Urist McAnic. See where I'm going?

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2010, 07:45:49 pm »

Isn't there already a mechanic? Also, I'm picking skill right now! Embark coming soon. I don't think I'll play tonight, I just got FF13 and I want to play it. I'll embark and do a write-up of it, but that'll be it. Also, you need to update the OP with the embark group's stats. I just saw Kipi's post saying he'd be a Mason. I'll choose something else.

Edit: Uploading my pictures to Photobucket right now...Also, I'm going to download .08 and use that from now on. It's just .07 without the game-breaking bug.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:29:32 pm by FuzzyDoom »

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2010, 09:08:21 pm »

Prologue:
My name is Urist McFuzzy, and I am the soon-to-be leader of the newest outpost from the Mountainhomes, Astoltot "Caveravens". I am keeping this journal for two reasons: If I die, I want other Dwarves to know what happened. Or, and this is me being optimistic, for use in my memoirs when I strike it rich off of Adamantine. Anyways, before we left the Mountainhomes, I was a great Smith! Armor, Weapons, whatever! If it was made out of metal, I could smith it. But enough about me, let me go over the...group of "professionals" that are accompanying me towards the spot that we plan on founding Caveravens.

There's me of course:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Smithing skills should come in useful in making Caveravens great!

Urist McSnook:
Honestly, he's much more qualified to be the leader than me. Regardless, until my year of command is up (as per the rules of Dwarvern government), he can use his skills as an Engraver that he must've picked up as a youth. He might get the next spot, maybe not. Let's see how he does this year.

Urist McHammerdwarf:
McHammerdwarf is our main protection in these Untamed Wilds. I don't know how useful his skills with a hammer will be, especially considering we don't have a Hammer. (Okay, that was a mistake on my part. I didn't even realize that until I got here to write it up...Oh well, should be Fun.)

Urist McMiner (This was the open Dwarf. If you want it, tell me and I'll rename her. And if you couldn't tell, I gave us another miner.):
She is really no one special. Just a miner that was sent along to help us dig out our outpost. She's real quiet, and I don't think anyone knows anything about her except her profession.

Kipi:
She's our Mason, but she's good with our Battleaxe. Maybe she can put it to good use cutting down some trees for us to make Beds out of. I don't see why we can't have stone beds...(Okay, the bottom part of the map I chose was Forest, not scarse. I tried to find the old spot, but I couldn't, and this was a good spot with a Flux, so I took it.)

Marzen:
He's our other miner, but from what he says he good with mechanical things like levers and stuff. Might be useful if combined with Dwarvern ingenuity!

And finally, a Dwarf that claims his name is Z:
I assume the Z is short for something. Who knows, maybe his parents were sober when he was born and that was the only name they could think of. Either way, he's a Doctor. Should come in useful.

Okay, I've got to stop writing because we are about to leave. Before I stop, here's our inventory:
And a map of the place:

I'll start writing again when we arrive.

1st of Granite, 1051:
And we've arrived. Can't say much now because it's getting too dark to see. We'll start to unpack everything in the morning. Hope those Giant Jaguars I've been hearing inhabit the reason don't stumble upon us...

alxnotorious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2010, 11:09:23 pm »

So are we going to be working with .06 or .08 from now on?

And please don't forget to dorf me if a mechanic shows up!
WAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRBBBLLLGARRBBLE. THE KING OF HAND CREAMS HAS SENT YOU HERE, AND THE POD IS THE THRONE OF THE GOBLIN EMPEROR. DESTROY ALL UNBELIEVERS.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2010, 12:42:00 am »

So are we going to be working with .06 or .08 from now on?

And please don't forget to dorf me if a mechanic shows up!

.08...at least I am. The bug fixes should be great.

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2010, 01:04:35 am »

.08 is a good idea, I agree. Also, nice narration so far. Lookin' forward to this, man.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2010, 01:49:46 am »

Urist McHammerdwarf:
McHammerdwarf is our main protection in these Untamed Wilds. I don't know how useful his skills with a hammer will be, especially considering we don't have a Hammer. (Okay, that was a mistake on my part. I didn't even realize that until I got here to write it up...Oh well, should be Fun.)

Sigh. Things like this make me scared for us humans dwarfs. I think I've got some wrestling but still. Also, I don't approved of your choice for inventory. Always drop cloth and thread in favor of sand. Get some easy wealth from free giant cave spider silk bags.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2010, 01:53:38 am »

Well yes, it'd be smarter if he did that but with this inventory, it'll all be a bit more difficult and much more FUN!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2010, 03:07:47 am »

Hey dude, start farming dwarf weed quarry bush. We all are addicts fans of the "leaves".

Who else here thinks I need to lay off the strikes?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2010, 03:49:55 am »

I'm expecting a severe lack of trees, booze, and food. Should start etting fun when dorfs go to the river to drink... Also, CATS??

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2010, 10:53:17 am »

Urist McHammerdwarf:

Sigh. Things like this make me scared for us humans dwarfs. I think I've got some wrestling but still. Also, I don't approved of your choice for inventory. Always drop cloth and thread in favor of sand. Get some easy wealth from free giant cave spider silk bags.

Never tried that. Once again. Me = Noob. Besides:
it'll all be a bit more difficult and much more FUN!
I'm expecting a severe lack of trees, booze, and food. Should start etting fun when dorfs go to the river to drink... Also, CATS??

There are plenty of trees...but no Woodcutter. Since I couldn't find a good Scarse spot, I went ahead and kept that skill out. We still have him and his Axe, but he might take a while to cut things down...And what's wrong with cats? (Besides Catsplosions....)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24