OH ARMOK YES!
- 7 (23.3%)
I'll have what she's having.
- 17 (56.7%)
Check please!
- 4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Caveravens: Year 3: Fall, 737: Fall to your DOOM  (Read 24606 times)

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Caveravens: Year 3: Fall, 737: Fall to your DOOM
« Reply #285 on: July 10, 2010, 04:20:09 pm »

I'm not even a NOBLE though D:. I do more work than you!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2010, 12:03:48 am »

Such lies! You're title is even "Retired Overseer! I saved the fort from a globin ambush. What have you saved the fort from?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2010, 12:05:46 am »

MOAR UPDATES PL0X!

Also, you guys should upgrade to .10 when it comes out. I'd say do .09 but since there's the Caravan attacking Tame animals bug, you probably shouldn't do that.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2010, 12:23:09 am »

Limestone, Early-Fall

Armok damn it! Some bastard forgot to get some booze and just droped down dead.

I get some peace, so I order some more work on my tomb, and an adamantine processing area, for just that. And the OH MY GOD! A farmers gets possesed and he takes a leather works. I'm not expecting anything useful, but hey, more stuff for my tomb.

The farmer is still mumbling about cloth, which he has, leather, which he has, metal bars, which he has, and stone, which there is plenty of. I decide to give the order for blocks, and see  if that wont make him happy. I've asigned the craftdwarf who made the first strand the adamantine workshop to make strands, and I've assigned the adamantine furnace to Burnt Pies, the bastard. I've yet to build the forge, because I decree it must be made of pure adamantine. As such, once a wafer is done, I shall have an anvil made.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fucking slackers. I've recieved almost constant reports of people whining about traps. I tell them if the bother me one more time with that shit, someone will die. The shut up. For now. (Seriously, I've gotten like 20 pages of just this. I've had to disable announcements of job cancels.)

Burt Pies is damn lazy. He has exactly one labor enabled, and that is furnace operating. He has one spot to operate a furnace in. What does he do? Harvest some plants. Asshole. I hate tripping over damn horses and mules. I have them all killed. If we have meat animals, they may as well be milkable. I let the bovines stay safe. For now.

Turns out our little farmer needed some silk. We don't have any. I set the loom to collect some webs. No one comes. I discover that nobody had the labor turned on. Even the "weaver". I fix that. Suck. Some bastardd (I'm looking at you Burnt) sealed up the caverns. Now how the hell are we supposed to get silk? I open a hole and stick a door in it. That'll serve for anything down there.

I finally get a report of some wafers getting made. I set an adamantine anvil to be made. Old-One-Eye gets the honer, as much as I hate that motherfucker. Shortly afer, the possesed farmer FINALLY starts. It was the fucking silk. If he had gone insane I know who would get sent to prison for it. Burnt Pies. Looks like I can untie the dog I had there.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I explore outside my *ahem* our fort to descover a trail of blood. I follow its winding paths to discover, to my horror, ELEPHANTS! One of them is majorly wounded, and has been leaving the blood trail. The trail starts right around
where the first ambush happened. I suspect when the humans were meatgodding the globin, they saw the elephants, and began bludgening it. It escaped with the rest of the pack. That would explain why the were so late. Now for good news; they left peacefully.

The farmer finishes finally. Shame he was possesed. "Partnerswallowed the Sick Gold" the raccoon leather buckler, worth 22000*. Excuse me for thinking this, but that is the most epic name ever. The actual item... not so much. Worst thing is that it is equipment, so it won't be put in my tomb. Sigh. I can still look forward to using it during my time as a champion.

END MONTH

Timber, Late-Fall

I get a very dwarfy Idea. I tell the miners to c(h)annel down from the underground lake to the flaming sea, and sea (Hehe sea what I did there? (Hehe sea what I did there?)(Hehe sea what I did there?) (Hehe sea what I did there?)(OK you're probably pretty tired of this.) what happens.
I get a report of all sorts of shit down in the caverns. Woo to the fucking hoo. I also finally track down where all the trap shit was from. I tell them to leave it alone.

The builders get bored, so I send them off with instructions it make room for more dwarves in the dining room.

Huzzah! I've overcome the previous overseers' mistakes by digging down to the third set of caverns, and to my delight, the miners discover ADAMANTINE! Now I can get at the second tube, which I tried to reach earlier. Meanwhile I get one of the many administrators to try and reorganize the instructions of my subjects. (Srsly, wt fuck is a bone farmer? o.O)

Fucking shit. The forges tell me they've run out of gold. Fuck. It seems, though, there is gold along my trail from the lake to the flaming sea. It gets dug up.

I get the miles of stone outside smoothed. I need caravans to get to us.

Ironically enough, I caravan managed to arrive right under my nose. I send a boatload of trade goods. Snook has far too much to do to be broker. I assign a pheasant to replace our little vandal.

Meanwhile, the miners have discovered yet another tube af the good stuff.

The new broker finally gets his fucking lazy ass over to the depot, and he buys everything not worthless, in exchange for our mounds of shit.

END SEASON

OOC:
Fuzzy, did you know your miner skill is 4x as high as your next best skill, at Legendary+2, or 20? Talk about derail. So this thread was tantruming, and the game was derailing. LMAO.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:36:49 pm by breadbocks »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 11, 2010, 07:25:02 am »

I think I turned weaving off for the weaver because he wouldn't stop rushing down into the caverns to grab webs, resulting in him getting trapped down there twice.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2010, 09:01:23 am »

Yeah, those fucktarded weavers.

Yay! Adamantine!
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2010, 12:25:17 pm »

I put a door in. It can be locked. You didn't. You're no better than one of those weavers.

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2010, 01:25:01 pm »

Oh, stop being so dramatic.

And bro, I saved the fort from TWO goblin attacks. Using STRATEGY. Not blind force.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2010, 03:02:55 pm »

I've never had a forgotten beast attack, and didn't want to deal with one. Walls seemed a better idea in an area you can find building destroyers.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2010, 04:07:21 pm »

My first ever Forgotten Beast attack was Fun. Two of my dwarves easily killed the flying, pulsating worm. Too bad it had released poison gas that CAUSED THEIR SKIN TO ROT OFF THEIR BONES.

And surgery was broken at that point, hahah. They both died, along with about 3 cats who were caught in the crossfire.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:08:27 pm by Marzen »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2010, 09:38:42 pm »

Posted up to Winter.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2010, 11:02:31 pm »

Of course my mining is so freaking high, I've been doing it since we started.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2010, 11:45:47 pm »

Ummm, dude, why smooth the miles of stone outside? That will leave the engravers in danger. Caravans can already get to us, I made sure of that. Unless you did something and screwed that up.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2010, 11:55:34 pm »

I checked (D) and outside was just about full red. I'm only smoothing to the river.
Also, the engravers are only Snook, and the pheasants.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 12, 2010, 01:12:45 am »

Early-Winter

The trader prepare to leave, but I don't really give a shit. However, the channeling to the mag-ma sea didn't go as planned, due to the last bit not getting channeled. Fuck. The miner begins to drown, but somehow begins to swim toward the escape stairs I had dug. Yay for contingency plan. But, being the dwarf he is, he hangs around for a drink. Epic. Then his efforts glean him a whack on the head by a piece of granite. Back to fuck. And he come to his senses, and get to the staircase again. Yay. Repeat cycle. He hangs around for a bit, and then FINALLY FUCKING LEAVES! Salvation! He moves to dig a staircase to get to the c(h)annel squares from the other side.

I tell the engineers to do whatever it is they do with that bridge of theirs that makes stone go poof. Something went wrong. They say it all flew apart. (I'm not sure what happened. The dude pulls the lever, then wham, stone spreads out from the spot. Good thing I had a wall and doors installed.

Burnt's Adamantine Magma Smelter.... built on raw adamantine floors is finally built. Meanwhile, our mayor, who just ended a mandate for bolts, banned export of them. Man he loves his bolts.

END MONTH

OOC:
I still don't have the Adamantine craftsdwarve's workshop done, or Fuzzy's forge done. And I don't have anywhere near as many gold bars as I need to finish my tomb.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:42:01 am by breadbocks »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24