Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minor (but very useful!) addition to Adventure Mode...  (Read 502 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minor (but very useful!) addition to Adventure Mode...
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:21:00 am »

I kinda get attached to my meatshie- Ahem, friends, in adventure mode. Yeah, they'll get killed by a skeletal elephant eventually but it's bothersome to hear in announcements that they're getting clobbered and you can't actually find where they are... By the time you find them, it's too late!

As a temporary option (or permanent option: makes no difference to me...) how about a way to "always show" allies' symbols, no matter how far away they are? Or within some sane distance even? It's tough when you're underground and have a very short view distance.

I could speculate about the sound of the fighting showing some sort of symbol telling the player that their friend is in a certain direction, but just showing them all the time seems a lot easier to do for now and rather effective to boot.

Normally I wouldn't care but my latest character got to "perfectly agile" without any other boosts to strength or toughness and relies on allies.

Addon: I just noticed you can view injuries and give nick/profession names, to your allies at least- My love of this game may of just tripled. I have a sort of attention to detail when it comes to a party.

[ May 16, 2007: Message edited by: Keiseth ]

arocoun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minor (but very useful!) addition to Adventure Mode...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:39:00 am »

Actually, you can name, and view injuries of, anyone you want.  Quite useful, you just [l]-look, and [y]-customize.

Which is pretty neat, by the way.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minor (but very useful!) addition to Adventure Mode...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:50:00 am »

Ooh, this IS cool. Heheh... Customize... Name Goblin Swordsman "That Damn Green Dude".

Oh, customize button, what fun we shall have together!