Siren-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Krigg-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Other?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42

Author Topic: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. The resurrection.  (Read 33590 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. Turn 7.
« Reply #525 on: August 29, 2010, 04:10:05 pm »

Can one-time techs be traded?
Yes. The cost is 20%, rounded up, payed by each player.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 29, 2010, 06:29:44 pm »

Is it possible for 2 players to collaborate on a single tech? Splitting the cost between the two.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:29 pm »

I believe that the 20% cost thing is a balance issue, so you would still need to pay it, at which point it is somewhat similar to each producing a different technology, trading them, and saying that you collaborated upon both of them.

I would kind of like something like this, I really need to start coordinating my research with Nevyn, but I see a couple of problems with it:
 :It is another mechanic, one more thing to process during turns, if people can manage with the current system then it is probably better to just leave it as-is.
 :It would take a very close alliance to completely share research data, there would probably be other implications.
 :It would get the technology sooner, which would have balance implications, although...
 :It would make alliances stronger, possibly a good thing if one player gains a significant lead and we want the game to continue.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 29, 2010, 07:36:42 pm »

I was figuring each side having to contribute 60-70% of the total cost and both getting the tech on the /next/ turn.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:56 am »

Hmmm, I could be wrong, but I believe that I should have a 1/1/0/5+6C Merry Puff at C13. I apologise profusely for forgetting to include C13 on my forces list.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 30, 2010, 10:31:09 am »

Hmmm, I could be wrong, but I believe that I should have a 1/1/0/5+6C Merry Puff at C13. I apologise profusely for forgetting to include C13 on my forces list.
It, uh, crashed due to poor weather. Salvage teams have fully restored it to functional status.

Is it possible for 2 players to collaborate on a single tech? Splitting the cost between the two.
Fine. I'll allow it, but at a penalty: Both sides must spend 80% of the tech cost on it, and on the same turn. It will still be instantly granted, but the total cost will be 160% of the base cost, rather then 140% of the base cost.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 30, 2010, 05:10:23 pm »

Can Sea units enter cities?
Can space units enter atmospheres?
Read the First Post!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 30, 2010, 05:25:15 pm »

If the city is next to the sea I believe so. (has to be created in a city after all)

Same answer basically. It's made in a city so likely yes.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 30, 2010, 05:25:45 pm »

I am currently asking Nurir some questions
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 30, 2010, 05:39:50 pm »

Also, I don't think that I have any inspiring glows in I17...
Read the First Post!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 30, 2010, 05:45:03 pm »

Also, I don't think that I have any inspiring glows in I17...
Thank you for your honesty.

Can Sea units enter cities?
Can space units enter atmospheres?
Yes and yes. It takes either 10 movement OR an entire turn for space units to land in a city on a planet. No landing in enemy cities. 5 movement for moon cities, as they have lighter atmosphere.

New rule: Entering/leaving the atmosphere of a moon only costs 5 movement points for fighters, bombers, missiles, and space units.

Yes, entering the atmosphere for missiles takes fuel. They have to negate the atmospheric stress. Unless I do some sort of ...

New rule: Fighters, bombers, and missiles may choose to enter an atmosphere without using movement points, or with less movement points, by taking armor damage instead of using movement points, at a 1:1 ratio of hp lost to movement not used.
Unlikely to be used, but it's there.

And, because people keep asking: Normal fighters, bombers, and missiles are indeed capable of interplanetary flight. Movement works the same as planetary movement, as space being empty greatly increases their speed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:46:49 pm by Nirur Torir »

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 30, 2010, 05:52:12 pm »

Crap...he had to go and tell everyone about that bit...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 30, 2010, 06:24:18 pm »

It still takes a full move for an air unit to get into or out of an atmosphere though, doesn't it? So a single air unit would run out of fuel before being able to land on another planet?
Read the First Post!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 30, 2010, 06:30:22 pm »

It still takes a full move for an air unit to get into or out of an atmosphere though, doesn't it? So a single air unit would run out of fuel before being able to land on another planet?
No. An air unit with 5 armor and 12 movement could, if desired, launch from Siren, move to the unnamed moon, and land in a city for -4HP, all in one turn.

Note: Celestial bodies are named by the first person to build a colony on them. They cannot be renamed, as that would confuse the populace.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 30, 2010, 06:57:33 pm »

Can you perform a partial re-entry to reduce movement costs in the following turn?

What if there is no populace left?
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42