Siren-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Krigg-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Other?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. The resurrection.  (Read 33607 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy.
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2010, 05:09:10 pm »

I'm afraid you're right. My original vision of this game has people on both planets, fighting for an edge in resources with the hopes of being one of the first in space. After that, the other factions would be racing to catch up before the first faction(s) gain too large of an advantage, eventually erupting into a war on multiple planetoids.

I propose a 6th option, where I redesign one of the worlds to accommodate 6 players semi-comfortably. After somebody gets into space, I could then open sign-ups for people on the other planet and maybe a moon, who would be about 3-5 turns behind. It still fits in with my original vision, sorta, and might work.

Before I change the poll, are there any other proposals?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2010, 11:56:52 pm »

Oy, I forgot about this.

Hummmm

RAM if you want my spot you can have it as I seemed to have failed to keep up.
Don't feel the need to quit on my account and there still seems to be time to enter an action...

If Criptfeind does retire, I will research level 2 engines and level 2 armour and ask if Colonisers can be upgraded.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2010, 12:20:39 am »

Remove me from this game.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2010, 01:36:30 am »

Seventh option: Remove the two most undedicated players from each planet, and leave it with two on each planet.
On another note, why does it say "No garrison, map is in error"? The map doesn't show a garrison, does it? Or are those the six little balls inside the city?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2010, 06:21:17 am »

The colored gates are only there for garrisoned cities.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2010, 07:38:39 am »

Spoiler: Siren (click to show/hide)
I propose a moratorium on the production of offensive1 military vehicles on the mainland of Sillistein2.
This treaty Recognises the sites of D18 and I17, along with the surrounding territory as sovereign land of the Sillistinian Empire3.
Additionally, the White empire shall be proclaimed 'Winners for life' and rewarded the prize of of having their continent, hereafter known as Stinkville, be condemned. Should any construction take place upon said continent full-scale warfare shall be declared to preserve safe living conditions for the inhabitants.

1. Possessing of 2 or more movement points and any weapons.
2. The continent centred at roughly I19.
3. The proud bearers of the mighty blue flag.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2010, 03:19:05 pm »

So... what's going to happen? Poll change? You choose an option? I dunno, I just don't want this game to die.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2010, 08:50:08 pm »

The poll has been updated.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2010, 06:59:16 am »

I haz given a vote.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2010, 11:40:45 pm »

8 people have voted. I think that... all the players who will vote has voted, and furthermore, that new votes will likely be from people who aren't actually playing and thus will mess up the poll.

That being said, if the leading decision (cities become prizes) goes, I'll need a day to organize my new move.

Also, can you change the second post (the Technology post) to fit the new system?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:49:36 pm by Cheddarius »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2010, 12:08:05 am »

I dunno about this game, I'm having alot of math stuff to do and I'm already in a bunch of RTDs anyway. Not to mention that this game is a bit complicated with the way it was set up. The whole idea and premise of the game is definetly cool though

So, I'll drop out.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:14:01 am by smjjames »

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:43 am »

I wouldn't mind joining. Always enjoyed strategy games. As far as free time goes...I'm a security guard on the night shift...I have nothing else to do basically. >.>
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2010, 03:08:09 am »

this game is still going right?
assuming the vote happens like i think its going to

change action, research colony limits
build a 2/1/0/1 unit desginaeing the unit a STRIKE FORCE
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2010, 03:28:33 am »

I would like to further state that I would always prefer that empires that lack leadership be given to any valid forumite that volunteers, I only voted against that as a requirement of continuing the game...

build a 2/1/0/1 unit desginaeing the unit a STRIKE FORCE
I expect that in the absence of such information, that it will be assumed that all vehicles will be land vehicles. Of course, more information may have been contained in a PM...
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2010, 11:46:07 am »

Wolf, a 2/1/0/1 unit costs 5 points, because land engines cost 2 points. That means you need to have Size Limits 2 in order to build it - right now you can only build land units with 4 size or less, unless you want to spend extravagant quantities of industry - industry that you don't have. What's more, you would also have to research Weapons 2, because you have 2 weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42