Siren-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Krigg-ish with limited space age
- 1 (20%)
Other?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42

Author Topic: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. The resurrection.  (Read 33579 times)

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. Two players needed.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 11:50:03 pm »

In, Siren, N4.  Pink. 
~Jesse

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy. Two players needed.
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 01:08:10 am »

Krigg, and green. Empire name(If we can choose a empire name..)
The United Federation of New Ireland.

I already chose green. Although understandably you can't have Ireland without green, right? And you're on Krigg anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall: Sci-Fi strategy.
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 05:55:31 am »

That's everybody. I'm still waiting on landing coordinates from Cheddarius. I'll try to land those who posted before Cheddarius' fixed maps where I think they wanted to land, based on the old coordinate system.

The United Federation of New Ireland will be dark green.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 01:12:54 pm »

I have some things to take care of before I post my coords. They'll be up sometime soon, though. Probably.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 12:11:55 pm »

If you haven't given me coordinates by the time I get started, Random.org will be picking them.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 01:24:21 pm »

Blargh, sent them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 10:31:10 pm »

There is silence as the colony pods hurtle through the unsuspecting Alpha Centauri system. After an insufferably long time, they finally land. The captain sends a really great speech in Morse Code form with lasers.

".... Now, for the good of humanity, we must succeed. There aren't any probes from Earth here, so we're to assume the worst. All pods have successfully landed. We haven't detected anything that looks alien, but that doesn't mean we're alone. Good luck out there.

On this front, we've got some light dissent. Many people were prepared to be left behind, but they're still not happy about it. Secruity has found some graffiti from a new group calling themselves the Sons of Redemption. Their goals are still unclear.

Frederick out."

(The second post has been updated with a technology costs table. Use it.
You'll note that the cities have colored squares in front of them. This indicates that the city is garrisoned.
Some players have more starting units then others, for initial balance.
All level 1 non-space technologies are known by all players.
I didn't show it on the map yet, but X2yzh9 is currently controlling the hexes at H15 and G14. He picked the worst city site of anybody, and needs the boosts or he will be steamrolled.
I will not be playing favorites, aside from what I did this turn. There may be something later, but it will be by clearly defined rules if it happens.
Check for errors.)

Spoiler: Siren (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krigg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wimdit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: X2yzh9 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alfie275 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Smjjames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jesse (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 06:36:39 am by Nirur Torir »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 10:49:52 pm »

WOOT! Go industry boost!  8)

I'll have my turn up in a bit.

I christen my city, New Los Angles!

Research: Level 2  engine theory: land weapons
Production: Start work on a colony module.
Movement: Move the scout (I know its called a survey unit, but in Civ series terms, its still a scout, or a warrior) to G19

Two questions, can we do stuff like build laboratories or are we not doing that stuff? And could I do something like move my unit from G19 to G17? And NO I am NOT planning on attacking you Criptfeind, I'm just checking on how it works as I haven't done a hex movement game like this before.

You know, this is giving me nostalgia for Alpha Centauri, I hope I can get it to run on Windows 7.

I'm not exactly clear on how the turns work out, but I know its based on AC, so I'll get it quickly. Actually its the research thats not real clear to me, but once we go through  a turn, it should be clearer.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:25:52 pm by smjjames »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 12:08:52 am »

"This is the best speech eOH GOD IT BURNSSSSSSS"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 12:24:00 am »

Post baleeted due to it being late at night and sarcasm-o-meter isn't working right!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:29:42 am by smjjames »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 02:26:45 am »

Aw man, now I'm crippled.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 06:37:56 am »

That wasn't the captain's speech. I'm just bad at writing interesting speeches, so I didn't even try.

Two questions, can we do stuff like build laboratories or are we not doing that stuff? And could I do something like move my unit from G19 to G17? And NO I am NOT planning on attacking you Criptfeind, I'm just checking on how it works as I haven't done a hex movement game like this before.
There are no buildings. The only way to increase research is to build more cities. In the system, there are a total of 2 planets, 4 moons, and 8 large asteroids. I'm not going to track buildings for all of those. The only thing you may spend production on is units.
No, G19 to G17 is two hexes. You could do it with a unit that has two engines, but not with the staring unit.

I'm not exactly clear on how the turns work out, but I know its based on AC, so I'll get it quickly. Actually its the research thats not real clear to me, but once we go through  a turn, it should be clearer.
Each turn, you get X RP. You may instantly spend it on as many techs as you wish, or save it for a future turn.
Edit: Industry works similarly, but each planet has its own pool.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:48:41 am by Nirur Torir »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 09:11:38 am »

I see, thanks for clearing that up. :)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 11:28:20 am »

Arghh goddamnit. Nirur, you said 'Advice: Research Colony Limits level 2.', I don't know what you mean by that. Please explain more?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 11:38:22 am »

Arghh goddamnit. Nirur, you said 'Advice: Research Colony Limits level 2.', I don't know what you mean by that. Please explain more?

Look on the first page.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42