Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Lockerz V1: I have 5000 ptz and missed the redemption, damn.  (Read 4086 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Lockerz V1: I have 5000 ptz and missed the redemption, damn.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 09:14:38 pm »

I'm going to wait for people to tell me that they acquired the item they "Purchased" Before i do anything here.

Sounds a little dodgy to me, Some shady characters might dwell within this E-Cave.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 10:43:03 pm »

Didn't you play with Scannerz in your childhood, or Beybladez?

Oh man, I scanned and scanned and beybladez'd and beybladez'd, it was insane dude, insane.

Because "Lockers" makes people on the internet think about how tough their childhood was every day before gym class.

This American gym class thing sounds shit. We have an equivalent (although it's a lot of fun so if they're really similar then gym probably isn't that bad), but there's no wrestling, which seems to be the focus point of the subject in every movie about teenagers set in 50s ever.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 10:45:25 pm »

I went to a high school that focused heavily on wrestling. It was never not our most homosexual sport.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 10:48:31 pm »

Yeah, that sounds completely not fun.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 12:24:52 am »

This American gym class thing sounds shit. We have an equivalent (although it's a lot of fun so if they're really similar then gym probably isn't that bad), but there's no wrestling, which seems to be the focus point of the subject in every movie about teenagers set in 50s ever.
I don't think that there is any wrestling in Gym in my high school. I believe the closest we get to a contact sport is either Soccer (for Americans) or Football. (for everyone else!)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 12:40:25 am »

I can vouch that, in certain circumstances, people I know have received very small prizes (t-shirts) from Lockerz.

But this is not a profitable business model. Lockerz would be hemorrhaging money like a crashing Ebola victim. Except he would have, like, money for blood. And... his vomit would be made of coins.

Anyway, the point is that with the pyramid-scheme model, they hand out a constant quantity of prizes for exponential growth in ad revenue. Soon they have massive amounts of users watching ads in the hope of getting a prize, because they heard one of their friends got something ages ago.
Plus, the concrete prizes entice users very effectively for very little expense. They hand out a large quantity of mass-produced t-shirts to, say, one in every 20 users. People believe that they could win a very valuable technological prize (game console, iPad, etc.) because of this, even though there are tens of thousands or millions of t-shirts and only ten or so really valuable prizes.

If this works, the Lockerz team are true masters of social engineering. I applaud them, but decry their mission.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 11:31:31 am »

No thanks, we already stocked up on Premium Nike Footwear the last time it was offered.
Yea because I am totaly a bot huh?
Lets see, posts, dev work, hrm guess I must be a bot huh? because bots totaly think and can be part of a community just as well as normal beings and function the same way with out anyone noticing.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 11:32:50 am »

Why does every site think that a Z on the end of it's name makes it worth visiting?

I mean really, why "Lockerz" of all things.

Stupid in my opinion, which I have decided to share.
Because there's always a chance in hell to get a good prize, and you don't have to watch the videos if you don't want to.
Just get this fire fox addon and be good to go.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 11:58:19 am »

You can use that to justify a gambling addiction, too. You could, theoretically, get lucky and win millions on a slot machine. Sure, Lockerz doesn't take your money. But it takes your time. Time that could be used for other things. Time that could be used to, for example, find a job and get the money far faster. Time that could be used to play a game. Time that could be used to make you happy, instead of wasting your life a little bit every day trying to get some little piece of technology that will be obsolete in a year anyway.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 12:28:02 pm »

Cheddarius.

It will take me only 29 days of logging in, doing the daily stuff, and watching a FEW vids[that being 7-10 which are not very lengthy] whgilst they're muted and I"m in another tab to get enough PTZ to get a PS3.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 12:28:20 pm »

All I need? 53 PTZ a day. Sorry for the double post.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 12:36:18 pm »

You can use that to justify a gambling addiction, too. You could, theoretically, get lucky and win millions on a slot machine. Sure, Lockerz doesn't take your money. But it takes your time. Time that could be used for other things. Time that could be used to, for example, find a job and get the money far faster. Time that could be used to play a game. Time that could be used to make you happy, instead of wasting your life a little bit every day trying to get some little piece of technology that will be obsolete in a year anyway.
Well that's pesimistic, really, you can use the firefox addon and just mute and froget for a while and do something elss.
It's called multi-tasking.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 12:40:33 pm »

I didn't say you were a bot, just that this is a post with a pitch. Unless you are the most sophisticated bot in the world, then that's impressive.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 12:41:56 pm »

Oh, ok my bad.
I just realised I never bothered to get an avatar on here...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 12:44:59 pm »

the stalker stats page says you normally aren't on the lower forums, so many people wouldn't recognize you as a forumite, though it's slightly redeemed by not having the Escaped Lunatic tag : P
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4