Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lockerz V1: I have 5000 ptz and missed the redemption, damn.  (Read 4079 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Lockerz V1: I have 5000 ptz and missed the redemption, damn.
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »

Cheddarius.

It will take me only 29 days of logging in, doing the daily stuff, and watching a FEW vids[that being 7-10 which are not very lengthy] whgilst they're muted and I"m in another tab to get enough PTZ to get a PS3.
If it's that easy, why doesn't everyone have a PS3? No, not just that - a very few people have a PS3 from Lockerz. How do you explain this?

Well that's pesimistic, really, you can use the firefox addon and just mute and froget for a while and do something elss.
It's called multi-tasking.
Well, then there's nothing to lose, I guess. Still, see above - what are the chances of actually getting a good prize?
What exactly does this firefox add-on do? Does it play videos for you automatically?

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 12:51:56 pm »

All I need? 53 PTZ a day. Sorry for the double post.
Hate to crush your dreams, but the PS3 costs more than 1500 points. That's how many you get for buying it.

Since the redeem section is down, I don't know what the actual prices are. Dragging the 'discount using my points' slider to 100% gave me ~32000... which is hilarious.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 12:53:50 pm »

Dude I hear there's all these places around the world where you spend eight hours of your time, and they'll give you $55, just for putting hamburgers on a press-grill! Why doesn't everyone do this?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 01:01:13 pm »

Well, places around here don't hire 14-year olds. Why anyone who could actually get a job would use Lockerz, though, is a mystery.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 01:17:57 pm »

Dude I hear there's all these places around the world where you spend eight hours of your time, and they'll give you $55, just for putting hamburgers on a press-grill! Why doesn't everyone do this?
I thought minimum wage was a lot higher nowadays. It's around $8.50, here.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 01:23:38 pm »

I just calculated it.
Goddamnit. Oh well, I guess some things are too good to be true.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 01:35:07 pm »

last time I checked i's US$7.30 in Ohio, did it go up? If so, I thought I was doing alright with $9.25, now that seems bad. Weekday shift gets $8.25
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 01:50:39 pm »

$10.25 Canadian ($9.88 USD) in Ontario. Minimum wage is crazy high nowadays -- it's increased a lot over the past 10 years.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 02:00:34 pm »

Don't forget that in the Us you also have to abide by the federal wage as well.

Ohio's wage is still at 7.3 though.
Fed is 7.25

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 02:05:49 pm »

Well, places around here don't hire 14-year olds. Why anyone who could actually get a job would use Lockerz, though, is a mystery.
I really just figure lockerz as a way to pass time right now while I wait for my application to go through.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 02:10:03 pm »

It takes 28 days of 53 points a day to get the equivelent of the reward of purchasing the PS3.
If the PS3 is, therefore, at least TWICE that for the reward, that means that you must work a minimum of 28 days to pay for it (with 56 days as a member)

How many hours does it take to earn 53 points a day?

At 8.50 an Hour, you would have to work (before taxes) about 30 hours to get it. (assuming a Gamestop refurbished 40GB PS3. Their most expensive one would take about 48 hours.)

40 hours a week is full time employment. So, what is the dollar value of a lockerz point? I doubt it is even close to a fraction of minimum wage.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 02:14:27 pm »

The answer is of course get a job where you can sit around the computer all day getting 'pointz.'

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 08:22:21 pm »

It depends on the location- in Washington, it's about $8 (not sure exactly). But the cost of living here is a lot higher (for a random benchmark, soda cans cost more than twice as much) than in, say, Arizona, where the minimum wage is something to the tune of $3. Also, all I need to know about Lockerz is that they spam 4chan. That's kind of it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 09:41:19 pm »

Washington has 8.55 (the highest in the US) and Arizona has 7.25 (The same as the fed)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 11:31:55 pm »

Washington has 8.55 (the highest in the US)
It's especially useful if you live out in the middle of nowhere, where you can feed yourself for $50 a month.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4