Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to mod so that adventurers will kick and bite as much as they pu-  (Read 1364 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

If you change instances of [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND] to [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN] in the creatures raws then you should have them biting, scratching and kicking as frequently as striking.

edit: When attacking it seems to randomly pick between the attacks with [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN] if none of them are possible (lost your arms and/or hands) it randomly picks between the attacks with [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]. The only problem right now is that teeth have the same consistency as skin so do little damage.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:10:08 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could they all be main?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Hell, just drop your weapons and go to the [c] menu and change current attack preferences from according to opponent to Strike unless of course you want ALL members of a race kicking and punching.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Yes they can all be main, as I said it randomly picks between them.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile

The only problem right now is that teeth have the same consistency as skin so do little damage.

Toady fixed that in 31.06, he said.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Yea, he didn't get the values quite the same as reality yet, but he changed the values from a copy of skin to a copy of bone.  Much better.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am running deons genesis mod and i am too scared to mod it because i think i might stuff up my copy of df.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am running deons genesis mod and i am too scared to mod it because i think i might stuff up my copy of df.
Right-click folder, make .rar (or whatever compression you use) of it. Now you have a backup of the default raws folder. Go mod.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.