Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Deephome] Welcome to the Underdark!  (Read 4539 times)

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Deephome] Welcome to the Underdark!
« on: June 12, 2010, 05:06:37 am »

Its has been a thousand years since the beast has last awakened, destroying anything in its path. Entire civilizations has fallen to its might, and what was once our allies became legends on the wind. We survived only because we hid deep into the earth. All there is left now on the surface world... are goblins. The beast went to slumber. For a thousand years, we've been without news from it. We left the western continent, where the beast dwells. But we know, it will follow. One day, the beast will awaken anew. So by the king's decree, all new outposts shall be dug deep into the ground, into the underdark.

The time has come. New riches are said to be found deep below the earth. New creatures lurks down below, and by Ragnar's beard, there's more growing here than Plump Helmets. Here we shall dig our new outpost. Here shall we build a mighty fortress, a safe haven into the dangerous world below. Deephome shall it be named. Strike the earth. And welcome to the Underdark.

Naming Convention
If you wanna claim a dwarf, give it a dwarven name. Anything in-game works on first name. The last name should have something dwarven-related, like hammer, axe, shield, beard, etc. I'll be the only judge. If you got a good name, you get a dwarf.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 05:09:57 am by Sarvesh Mossbeard »
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Deephome] Welcome to the Underdark!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 06:13:25 am »

4th Felsite, Late Spring.
We dug down for months until we breached the caverns. We're surrounded by two lakes, so this will serve as a natural moat. The site looks easily defendable. We shall build the foundations here. We'll have to remove those stalagmites.

There Goblin caps, Fungiwood, Spore Trees, Tower Caps, Black Caps, Quarry Bushes, Plump Helmets and Sweet Pods growing around. There's also herbs we haven't identified yet. Thob is telling we're on the second layer. I couldn't tell.
We found Giant Cave Spider Silk, but we only got one axedwarf, so we need to stay wary. I'll construct a dozen cage traps, hopefully we'll catch it before it kills one of us.

----

We lost Dakost, our Carpenter/Mason to Rutherers. We named the murderous beast Inethaser. Ragnar is chasing them as I write - the darn beasts won't stay put. Dakost will be avenged, and the Rutherer hides will be tanned into leather armor.

Darnation! That Rutherer surprised our farmer in the stairs before we could wall it off. Poor Thob felt to his doom. Two deaths.
And Ragnar lost his left hand. What? How are you gonna hold that shield now?!
((I found the battle axe... forbidden. that explains it))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:47:36 am by Sarvesh Mossbeard »
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:48 am »

I want Erith, miner. New name: Litast Drawbridgehammer.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 08:07:06 am »

New Migrant wave.

Inethasrer, that murderous Rutherer, is still alive. Its swimming in the west lake, apparently not drowning or anything. Mod it amphibian so we can get revenge? (Y/N)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:12:54 am by Sarvesh Mossbeard »

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 08:19:47 am »

Could I have the leatherworker, please? Those rutherer leather gloves won't make themselves!

Name: Cerol Earthensplattered
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:25:40 am by OmnipotentGrue »

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 08:20:44 pm »

Autumn has come. The new migrants are a huge help. Ragnar Thunderbeard is grumpy. I would be grumpy too if I was hungry, thirsty, slept in an inedequate room, got caught in the rain, and worst of it all sustained "minor injuries". Not to mention the lack of chairs and tables.

We do not want our only soldier, a master fighter and accomplished Axedwarf, to go berserk on us. We'll prepare him a nice room in the corner of the cavern, and make him a decadent meal. We'll also try to humor him with random wooden prothesis.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 07:25:01 am »

Urist Diamondscratch suddently stopped taking orders and sat on the forge. He claimed strange voices told him the secret of armorsmithing. I asked if he needed anything..

"mmm ... nope."
"No?"
"All good"
"Aren't you gonna make something?"
"Nah"
"But then..."
"I like the forge. Its warm."
"Urist..."
"This is my new artifact. The anvil of proscatination. Its made of masterwork-quality nothing and its worth zero dwarfbuck"
"Urist..."

((So I got a bugged dwarf on a strange mood. Sit on the forge all day doing nothing. Forge was never claimed.))

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 08:18:00 am »

Did you fix him?

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 08:54:53 am »

Tragedy. Urist Diamondscratch went insane and chased Ragnar across the caverns. He had the workshop. He had his materials, a gold bar. He still went insane. We had to take him down. Such a shame.

On the plus side, Thunderbeard claims he's now a master fighter and axedwarf. He's wielding both his shield and axe in a single hand.
The caravan found a way to our trade depot, and we restocked on food and booze. We're waiting on Listast to recover from his wounds so we can have our second miner.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 10:11:37 am »

i'll claim a dwarf. Ascubis, miner, last name Lastcastle

compy286

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 11:43:20 am »

THIS looks good!

I'll take a dwarf if there are any. Name: Mickey. Any male no matter the profession will do.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 07:50:50 pm »

"Oy! .... Shorty! Yea you! Shorty!"
"My name is mickey..."
"Your name is Shorty, or I'm a bearded gnome. Help me move Thunderbeard's stuff back to the commons"
"What? I'm a tresher.."
"You're our cook, and I caught you sleeping in Ragnar's bed."
"But..."
"THRICE!"

(( I moved Ragnar's bed closer to the barracks. He complained about the noise. Bringing it back to the commons ))
(( Dwarves are not respecting bedroom assignement. Anyone and everyone will steal Ragnar's bedroom if able to.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 07:56:08 pm by Sarvesh Mossbeard »

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 08:49:24 pm »

I'll take a dwarf.

Ireheart Axebane

Axeman. Will cut trees or goblins. Preferrably the latter. Easily angered. Aspires to be a great warrior. Born into a woodsman (underground woodsman) family, desires to raise his social status and make well for himself.

OR

Scapelring Clasphammer

Crazed Doctor. Wants to find humans and elves and cut them down to size. Given the chance, he will attempt to "cure" any sentient race into dwarfs. Humane in all matters. Believes "curing" others is the right thing to do.

Choose one at random should you please.
Meowth! That's right!

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 09:10:22 pm »

"Sarvesh! Oy! Sarvesh!" bellowed our champion, Thunderbeard.
"Wot?"
"I've been thinking... I've been training alone all year... and I've became pretty good... I want a student"
"A student?"
"I want an apprentice. Ireheart Axebane. Been doing nothing since we took his axe. Will make a good soldier."
"What about our woodcutters?"
"Not that much wood in the caverns"
"Allright then. You'll get your apprentice. Don't get him sparring until he's well trained."
---
"Um.. hello... my name's Axebane? I've been told to report to you?"
"Allright, Axebane! I'm Thunderbeard. Ragnar Thunderbeard. You may call me Captain Thunderbeard. I'll be your mentor from now on. You will train under my tutor all day, every day, under the rain if needed be, until you are one with your axe. And this... is your new weapon!"
"Its a wooden axe..."
"Its a training axe!! Don't think I'll have you sent to glory just yet. First you need to train. Then you need to train some more. Then you get to wrestle. And finally train again. Do you have what it takes?"
"Sir, yes sir"
--
"Sir Mossbeard?"
"Wot?"
"About that order sir..."
"Wot about it?"
"We can't collect sand if there's none around..."
"Ah. Thats just for training"
"Training sir?"
"Yah! Adminstrating Training. I'll be Legendary in no time!"
----
Migrant Wave
((There's no humans or elves left in the world. Tarrasque ate them all))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:53:36 pm by Sarvesh Mossbeard »

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 09:40:03 pm »

Oh boy, a wooden axe. I shall become one with wood. I feel efly. Need to get a real axe soon.

This story sounds good. The snippets for introducing characters are unique.
Meowth! That's right!
Pages: [1] 2 3