Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24454 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 20: Seriously? No, really?)
« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2010, 04:59:52 pm »

Finish counting my shinies and catch up with the others. Could backfire :P

You're with them, actually, Darrak Torran picked you up and carried you over his shoulder.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 20: Seriously? No, really?)
« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2010, 05:44:21 pm »

But then he dropped me...?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 21: Kill Your Television)
« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2010, 08:21:56 pm »

But then he dropped me...?

Allow me to answer your question with...
Turn 21!

Team Awesome

Quote from: The Medic
Heal the heavy-ly wounded guy carrying a chaingun.
[3]
The Medic considers Acikera's condition, then pulls out his bonesaw.  Acikera no longer has a broken arm, nor legs.  On the plus side, he doesn't have to *carry* the chaingun anymore.  "Another successful procedure!" says The Medic, before falling in one of the opening portals.  This place is getting dangerous.

"ok D", "Acikera, we need to leave now, I have D and this place is about to blow!", "Help me with the idiot wont you"

With or without Acikera's assistance, help Bob by draging him, and me to the fastest way out
[6]
You switch out Sir Bob's damaged power armor for something comfortable and pink.
Acikera is too busy being blissfully unconscious as his limbs are sawed off.  Must you do everything yourself?  You look down and see Sir Bob struggling to stand, muttering some sort of code.  This is no time for cryptography!  You swoop down, grabbing Bob and carrying him back to the tram.  The day is saved!  By you!

"Execute emergency command protocol: Delta, Omicron, Delta, Beta, Epsilon, Sigma, Phi, Eta, Gamma, one, one, seven, six, one, eight, three, eight, one."

I use the verbal command to reboot the suit's systems in emergency movement mode.
[2]+1 RP bonus
"... one, one, si- er seven, six, one the fuck!"
Sirrush tackled you mere digits away from entering the code.  He tosses you in the tram car.  You're stuck on your back now, but things could be worse.  The room is now full of live grenades for some reason, so you're glad you aren't still out there.

Repeatedly fire my 40mm grenade launcher at the demon. The medic will have to help with the wounded.
[1]
The walls are nearly filled with the cyberdemon's portals, and more open it right in front of your grenades.  Said grenades begin flying from portal to portal, accelerating, and presently the room contains a buzzing swarm of super-fast grenades.  You don't even remember firing that many...
The Medic amputates Acikera's legs, stabilizes him, then gets sucked into a portal.
You can try to save him, but each turn everyone not in the tram must roll to dodge the grenade web, in addition to whatever those portals are going to produce.  The tram also rolls, and on a 1 it will leave stranding anyone not aboard.
Aigas tries to avoid getting grenaded: [1]
Tram roll: [6]

Aigas is critically hit and incapacitated.  Her legs aren't responding, status unknown.  She can still shoot, but she needs rescue.
Um, good luck Sirrush.

Team Sauce WTH
Nice actions this turn, guys.

That forest should not be standing. I fix this mistake in the same manner as the first time.
[5]
You cast Firaganana, which sets the forest on fire.  The whole forest, all 20-odd kilometers, at the same time.  Towards the middle the flames quickly die out due to lack of oxygen, but only after reducing all the trees and little furry animals into ash.  Here on the edges the flames have plenty of air, and burn merrily.  It's almost like the world is burning.  You start humming.

The giant is nowhere to be seen.
Darrak Tor drops a nexus of evil in the form of a little girl.  She gives you an odd look, odd because her eyes are pure shimmering black.  Then she moves perpendicular to x y and z.

Use my SHEER MANLINESS to cause boy to become MANLY via osmosis/diffusion. Also, keep an eye on the Jolly Green Giant.
[1]
(Phew, good thing *that* didn't succeed.  Now, what would a critical fail b- oh my.)
(Maybe... yes, that could work.  Oh, yes.)
You summon up your manly space marine energies to fix up this wimpy orphan, accidentally draining his manliness in the process.  Whooops.  The little girl looks at you... her eyes are shimmering black.  She bites your hand and hops to the ground.  The light of the forest burning behind her makes her look like a shadowy profile.  She steps sideways to reality, and is gone.

Then you remember you're carrying Vert, so you put her down.  She finally finishes counting the money and looks around, confused.

I portal the giant's organs outside of his body.
[4]
Though Black Mage seems to have annihilated the giant, you're not about to let that stop you from pillaging its jumbo-sized body parts.  You have acquired two giant kidneys, a giant heart, and a giant femur.  You hear a scream of intense pain.  You look all around, but the horizon is giant-free.

Finish counting my shinies and catch up with the others. Could backfire :P
[4]
You finish inventorying your legitimately acquired gains.  You have:
An annoying amount of copper
A shiny pile of silver
A lovely handful of gold
A few platinum coins, not nearly enough, you must have more of this lustrous white metal.
Some meat.  What?  You toss it, it looks old.

Finished with your important work, you look around.  At some point you left the ruins of Onrac and are with the rest of the party in front of a burning forest.  Your suit was getting warm in the sun, but suddenly you're in shade, so that's nice.

Clarification theater: I never beat FF1, this world is based on 8-bit Theater.  Which is far more interesting than FF1, kinda like The Last Days Of Foxhound is for MGS.

Haha... nearly forgot to choose the subject.  Better luck next time, post-button!  http://marathon.bungie.org/story/kytterm.html I don't just pick these randomly, you know.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2010, 08:32:44 pm »

Perhaps I should have mentioned.... The medic is an ex-nazi with such quotes as "Ze hurting is more satisfying than ze healing!" and his bio says "The Medic considers healing a generally unintended side effect of satisfying his own morbid curiosity. "

Now for a bad idea: Follow the evil girl. I must learn the secrets of non-euclidean geometry! How else am I supposed to summon elder gods?

Edit: If I catch the girl, HELLDOKEN.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:51:40 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2010, 08:40:43 pm »

(Thanks for the save, ignore my character's complaints. Also, yay for RP bonus.)

I complain about my ally for distracting me from my moment of glory, then eject the fried circuits and begin to create new circuits, along with the needed parts to repair my movement jets, using my nanoforge. [Action 1 of 2 for repairing my suit]

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2010, 11:03:02 pm »

Uhh... do I get an RP bonus for yelling? How about being MANLY and saving people and such?

So... what do I do next?
be a MAN AND A HALF
Follow the rest of the sub-party

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2010, 12:00:51 am »

I open a portal to the nearest population center.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2010, 02:26:27 pm »

Oh god.

I summon Angel and use its wind ability to stop the web of grenades.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2010, 11:51:37 pm »

Why is it always me doing the work, ok Bob Sit tight

Help ochita's character back to the tram, the limbless guy as well if i can manage it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2010, 08:22:42 pm »

Turn 22: Angels and Demons

Team Awesome

Oh god.

I summon Angel and use its wind ability to stop the web of grenades.
Yes, I'm here.
(Googles "Angel persona")
What is she *wearing*, sigh, never change Japan.
[5]
You summon Angel to stop the demon's web of grenades.  You don't see the need to summon her much clothing, you're kinda in a hurry after all.
You're in such a hurry, in fact, that Angel gets to act this turn. 

Quote from: Angel
Attempt to stop the grenades from harming Aegas.
[6]
Angel stretches her arms out and wind fills the chamber.  The grenades shift in their courses.  The sound of them zipping through the wind becomes deafening.  Finally she brings her hands together with a clap that pierces the din, and the grenades exit portals around the cyberdemon.  The explosion is too much in his weakened state, and he falls into the void he was summoning.

Said void has consumed most of the walls, now, and is still growing.

(Thanks for the save, ignore my character's complaints. Also, yay for RP bonus.)

I complain about my ally for distracting me from my moment of glory, then eject the fried circuits and begin to create new circuits, along with the needed parts to repair my movement jets, using my nanoforge. [Action 1 of 2 for repairing my suit]
[2]
You eject the wrecked circuits and try to activate your nanoforge... but it is just as sensitive, and less shielded, than your movement system.  It is disabled.as well.

On a brighter note, it seems the cyberdemon has been defeated.  However, the walls are still being consumed with void portals.  You're still in the tram, of course, but it couldn't hurt to leave ASAP.

Why is it always me doing the work, ok Bob Sit tight

Help ochita's character back to the tram, the limbless guy as well if i can manage it
[4]
You brave the chaotic web of grenades to get to your fallen comrade.  As you lift Aegas over your shoulder, you see an angelic figure she must have summoned.  The angel somehow turns the grenades on the cyberdemon, knocking him into his own portals.  He's gone!
You carry Aegas back to the tram hurriedly, as the portals still seem to be growing.  You see no sign of Acikera.

Team Sauce
I suppose I left you guys without a clear action, sorry.  I'll fix that.
WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO.

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO POINT IN LIFE.

RUN ABOUT GIGGLING AND STRIPPING. REGAIN SANITY AND CLOTHES. BLUSH.
[2]
You fail to remove your suit.

Follow the rest of the sub-party
[6]
It's an auto success anyway though.

Now for a bad idea: Follow the evil girl. I must learn the secrets of non-euclidean geometry! How else am I supposed to summon elder gods?

Edit: If I catch the girl, HELLDOKEN.
[2]
Dang.  You have no idea how to shift out of reality.  You do a Hammerslide, but it accomplishes nothing.

I open a portal to the nearest population center.
[1]
This works.
You attempt to teleport the party to the nearest population center.  Before the jump is complete, though, the giant which I subtly hinted was about to fall on you, falls on you. 

Team Sauce is briefly standing in an arctic ice-desert.  The horizon is a thin, almost invisible border between the icy plain and the grey sky it reflects.  Then the weight of the giant collapse the ice underneath you, and you all fall into an underground cavern system.

Just so you don't get bored, the cavern is full of wizards.  Wizards in Final Fantasy 1 are mindflayers.  Don't ask me why, Square's success seems to revolve around not making sense.  The wizards were performing a ritual around a large rune-filled circle.  At your interruption, several approach you (and the giant) menacingly.  You are all unharmed because you landed in snow.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:41:48 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2010, 08:51:11 pm »

(Googles "Angel persona")
What is she *wearing*, sigh, never change Japan.
Yeah... that's really one of the only personas like that though. Heck, the higher ranking angels have full suits of armor. That one is apparently the guardian angel everyone has... which just makes the outfit even creepier.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2010, 09:06:57 pm »

Don't Judge me! I was trying to remember what personae have wind moves. I happened to remember angel... Self-dia on my legs. I have a chance at contacting D
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2010, 11:38:37 am »

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO.

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO POINT IN LIFE.

RUN ABOUT GIGGLING AND STRIPPING. REGAIN SANITY AND CLOTHES. BLUSH.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2010, 12:10:32 pm »

I start the tram as soon as my allies are back on-board.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2010, 08:29:53 pm »

IRC RP

Did you ever see that IRC bot I posted about a while back? I stopped working on it because no-one was using it, but I could work on it some more... I've had the urge to code for a while, and RTDBot is a project I had a lot of fun writing...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19