Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24528 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 16: Blaspheme Quarantine)
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2010, 01:37:10 am »

I use a persona to heal us all using the power of Media!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2010, 01:44:07 am »

I'm not sure how goo, water, lava, or sewage will help us here.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2010, 03:10:48 am »

I wake the fuck out of my coma and follow the fools.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2010, 05:33:42 am »

I shoot stuff once we get past the door.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2010, 07:43:21 am »

...Huh? Media is persona's version of Heal-all. I'm not sure why, maybe they never translated the spells names from Japanese.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »

...Huh? Media is persona's version of Heal-all. I'm not sure why, maybe they never translated the spells names from Japanese.

Media is also the term the Marathon engine uses for the aforementioned materials.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 17: You are the chosen 1's)
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2010, 02:34:37 pm »

Overly picky note: the persona using robots from Persona 3 had emotions, though they were pretty bad at expressing them when first activated. They were designed to be as human as possible because if they didn't think of themselves as being at least partially human they couldn't use personas.
Cool, I was wondering about that.
An ex-girlfriend of mine is really into Persona.  Maybe I should start seeing her again.  For the sake of the RTD (:

First, I kick the sleeping ExKirby in the nuts.

Then,
I attempt to get everyone inside the wherever the airlock leads by opening and then shutting the airlock doors with my MUSCLES OF SCIENCE. Use Stephinian powers if necessary.

Now, the air inside the station will probably push the party out quite rapidly. However, I should be able to push everyone in and then seal the airlock manually before loosing too much air pressure. It helps that I've got a charge built up, and Stephinians have the ability to bend or even ignore the laws of physics with enough power available to them. 
[1] Your well-rounded team won't fit in this square airlock, so you tell the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.  They look down and whisper, "No".  You are disappoint.  [1] Finding no cheeseburgers in your pack, you look up to see BM firin his lazor. [6] Fortunately he misses, and hits Onrac somehow.
(I feel dirty.  The rolls are real, though, I'm really glad you got a success on that last one.)
(Oh, I forgot you kicked ExKirby in the nuts, better roll for that... 6???)
[6] You goblin-punch ExKirby.  He flies through the portal into Onrac.  On the plus side, it looks like BM's Hadoken hit him square-on.
ExKirby has been slain!

I make a two way portal leading to the other side of the door so my team doesn't have to blow it up and alert everyone.
[1] Oh god, it's terrible!  Horrible!  No good/very bad!  A blasted hellscape full of tortured souls, crushed dreams, and flood damage.  A dinky wooden sign, spattered with blood, reads "Onrac".
Don't worry though, nobody went through the portal, it's just sitting on the wall.
OK ExKirby got thrown through for some reason, but BM fixed that.

I wake the fuck out of my coma and follow the fools.
Memories of the past hour are starting to return, in bits and pieces.  You don't want to remember.  You shake your head to clear it, and follow the others.
[1] You happen to be standing beside BM when he fires the Hadoken.  It clips you, sending you through the portal.  You are dazed and bruised, but otherwise fine.  Then you look up and see the portal, about 20 feet above the ground.  Uh oh.

Quote from: Vertigon
No action
[4] You manage not to fall in the portal.  Darn.

Anyway, I begin charging a hadouken, tell everyone to get out of the way(or not, I don't really care) and then blast the airlock door to smithereens. Of course, fate demands I miss badly... and then hit Onrac. Somehow.

[1-1 for being crosseyed = 0] See the above results.  You tell yourself that you decided to hit Onrac, or maybe Vert.  You also wish misfortune on Onrac for once again using up your daily Hadoken.

I ask d if she can use the terminals without power, in the highly likely result that the answer is no, change my gauntled mounted weapons to heat ray mod and go ranged jedo on the doors
[4] She says she can power the terminal, but not the local network of course.  You insert her into the terminal and it lights up.  [2] It mentions security camera feeds, but they are offline.  [2] D says it is hard-coded not to open the inner door while the lock is unpressurized.

I shoot stuff once we get past the door.
Looks like those fools weren't able to open the door yet.  They did manage to open another hell-portal, though... well, maybe not hell, but a disgustingly impoverished medieval village.  *BM fires his Hadoken*  Ah, now that's hell.

Well crap, you failed to get through the door.  You did get rid of ExKirby though, and that Black Mage hopefully won't be casting any more friendly fire for a bit.  There's also a nifty portal to hell-I-mean-Onrac.

Oh hey, Vert fell through the portal!  You might want to help her.  In fact, destroying that world/reality/whatever may fall under your mission.

(Blobby made the portal to block ambient air, otherwise you'd all be floating around the bay)

Sorry about the quality this time, I'm visiting relatives and it's hot.  I'm suggesting a party split to make it easier for you guys to coordinate your actions.  Besides, that's a lot of 1's, something had to go wrong!

With luck, next turn will be up at noon tomorrow instead of 2:30.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2010, 02:37:28 pm »

Wait... What happened to my action?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2010, 02:44:33 pm »

Wait... What happened to my action?

I missed it, crap!  You succeed, everyone's healed.  Except ExKirby.
Black Mage is no longer cross-eyed!
Blobby recovers from being smashed.
Vert is less troubled by her experiences in the void (though she still doesn't remember them).

... I really need to update the status page.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2010, 03:10:49 pm »

I look around and ask D where the battle was.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2010, 03:14:49 pm »

Well, those rolls couldn't have possibly gone any worse/better... at least I hit Onrac!

I enter the portal and ensure everyone in onrac is dead. Assuming they are, I sacrifice them to Chaos.

Greatest. Flowchat. Ever.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2010, 03:42:46 pm »

So Vert (and everyone else who I care about) is okay and not in any parallel dimensions or exceptionally imminent danger?

If not, Save him/her/it/them.

Otherwise, Use MOOSCLES to open airlock.

This docking bay is sealed, right? Just unpressurized?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2010, 03:58:07 pm »

I create a few HE grenades suited for standard throwing as I enter the portal.

Edit - Changed to reflect the fact that I would, in fact, like to go to the wonderful world of Final Fantasy I.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:31:37 pm by Nirur Torir »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2010, 04:24:34 pm »

So Vert (and everyone else who I care about) is okay and not in any parallel dimensions or exceptionally imminent danger?

If not, Save him/her/it/them.

Otherwise, Use MOOSCLES to open airlock.

This docking bay is sealed, right? Just unpressurized?

Argh, I must have been unclear.
Vert (aka Alpha Q) is stuck on the other side of the portal.  The portal is about 20 feet above her.  I'm expecting some of you to go help her destroy that world.  The world is based on Final Fantasy 1, like Black Mage.

As for the docking bay being sealed, I had imagined it still open to space, but instead I'll say the computer closed the door behind you before the bay lost power.
She/they

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2010, 08:57:55 pm »

Give using the heat ray function on my gloves to open the door a try, then follow the others through the portal
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19