Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24505 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 14: Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!)
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2010, 09:48:37 pm »

FALCON... BAAAWMMPPP
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 15: Habe Quiddam)
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2010, 03:23:00 pm »

FALCON... BAAAWMMPPP
[6] Seriously, I rolled a 6.  Does that mean I'll lose my job due to updating?  Better to lose it by running a game, than by playing games.

That reminds me of BM's attack on a glacier. *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *Random explosion!* "Why would it explode?!"
Yes indeed, one of my favorite moments.  Also, thanks for giving me ideas (:<

I keep getting screwed :C
Well you did name your character Alpha Q... but really I just thought you had left like ExKirby did.  Rather hypocritical on my part, given my recent tardiness.  Also no one made an effort to save you - Blobby didn't even move out of the way.

Ponder how my SDW cannon fired a projectile (SDW=ShoopDaWhoop). It's more like a particle beam.
You know what's even more like a particle beam?  ur mom! zing!  *writes that one down*

I do a mental reboot to...move some more, or whatever.
[4] You manage to regain consciousness.  You were a bit disrupted by the impact, but you start reforming yourself.  [3] It goes alright, you'll be dazed but OK next round.  You won't be able to do much with Vert on top of you though.

Fight sequence!
I fire gauss rounds at the thing. Hopefully my magneto-clamps will be able to reattach to the wall before I bounce off.
[6]
One more!
[2]
Fire mah freeze ray to combat it's heated armor, possibly making the armor fragile.
[5]
Then, since we're in zero gravity, jump on ExKirby's back and PRY STUFF OFF Use my MANLEH SPACE MHREEN MUSCLES.
[3][4]
Stab it with D, follow-up with a slash of my diamond edge blade, and another stab with D
[3][4][2]

ExKirby-X opens a compartment at his waist and pulls out a coppery orb with a big button.  [5] He presses the button and the device begins shaking violently as he winds up to throw it at Sirrush!  Fortunately one of Sir Bob's gauss rounds hits the device out of ExKirby's hand, sending it into the portal. 

Aegas and Vert attempt to cool ExKirby's super-heated armor.  Unfortunately for Aegas, her Black Frost summon absorbed too much heat last round, and unsummons itself.  Vert shakes bits of Blobby off her suit and fires her freeze ray.  How cold!  ExKirby's armor is no longer glowing!

Just in time, too: Darrak Torran leaps at the thing's back, but tackles it in the leg instead.  He rips the armor off ExKirby's left leg before being flung away (though not at a dangerous speed).  Sirrush, seeing the opportunity, adjusts his charge to hit the left kneecap.  D goes snicker-snack, passing through the flesh without resistance, but not causing much pain.  Sirrush's diamond blade, however, rips and tears causing ExKirby-X to collapse in agony.

Anyway: Absorb the thing's evil. Or just hadouken. Whichever.
But you're across the bay now!  [6] "Fortunately" you bounced off the wall like a superball (but rounder).  You bounce back right as ExKirby-X is screaming silently in pain... and of course you land in his mouth.  Ugh.

There is a moment of silence for BM, as everyone wonders who the hell he was.  [5] Then a blue knife juts out of ExKirby's chest, then a gloved hand, then a hat.  Black Mage triumphantly pulls himself out of the corpse of ExKirby-X.  He puts something in his pocket, then faces the corpse and says "ZING".

The portal and the mutated corpse dissolve into normal reality, leaving behind ExKirby's original form.  He seems to be in a coma.
D cleans herself and suggests that the party hurry on - things are not going according to plan.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 05:16:36 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2010, 03:27:44 pm »

I'm just going to explain something here (since you people seem intent on ignoring my hints about it :P)
The original evil stone from your time is safe in the Pyrrhus, under careful watch.
Aegas summoned the evil stone from the previous time period (Final Era, perhaps).  Its a necessary component of her Persona summoning, and yes I realize that might not fit the Persona universe (:

Also, I meant to do this turn sooner.  I hope to return to a regular schedule.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »

I lead the way towards wherever it is we're headed, trying to fix my thrusters as I do so.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2010, 04:29:25 pm »

take a dump on ExKirby's corpse

Try to salvage stuff from the corpse

Even with a 2 I should get the kneecap I ripped off, which should make a nice shield.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2010, 04:38:54 pm »

Yes, Haste is the best plan, I shall find a terminal now.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2010, 04:50:36 pm »

I stab the corpse a few more times(just to be sure) and then get around to figuring out how I got here.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2010, 04:51:59 pm »

Well Ex=-kirbys is back to normal... for now...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2010, 05:21:48 pm »

I portal Acikera to us.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2010, 08:46:22 pm »

Try to medic ExKirby back to wakefullnes, probably failing miserably, then follow D's instructions
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 16: Blaspheme Quarantine)
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2010, 11:46:57 pm »

I stab the corpse a few more times(just to be sure) and then get around to figuring out how I got here.

[2] The big corpse of ExKirby-X dissolved.  You try to stab the normal-sized body that was left behind, but miss.  Repeatedly.  Sirrush informs you that ExKirby is just sleeping.  After a few awkward seconds he suggests that, knowing ExKirby isn't dead, you should stop trying to stab his body.  Madness, of course, but Sirrush's sword hums menacingly and you desist.

Try to medic ExKirby back to wakefullnes, probably failing miserably, then follow D's instructions
[4] You check ExKirby for physical injuries and find none.  The cause of his unconsciousness seems to be mental, or perhaps psionic.
(He's asleep until/if ExKirby the player returns).
You head to the airlock room.

Try to salvage stuff from the corpse
You look around for any goodies from ExKirby-X that didn't dissolve.  [1] All you find is the knee-guard you pulled off him.  It's buckler-sized and brassy.  You feel compelled to affix it to your left arm.  [2] So you do so.

I portal Acikera to us.
[2] You can't sense Acikera's life force.  You investigate the shuttle wreckage and find Acikera's corpse.
[Hidden roll] Looks like the crash cut him up good, he died of blood loss.  At least, that's your theory on why the shuttle is full of floating globs of blood and Acikera's corpse.

I lead the way towards wherever it is we're headed, trying to fix my thrusters as I do so.
[2] You aren't really sure where you're going, so you follow Sirrush and D into the airlock.
[3] You examine your thrusters.  The mechanisms might be ok, but you'll need a workshop to straighten the jets.

Yes, Haste is the best plan, I shall find a terminal now.
[3] You hurry into the airlock room, but the terminal inside has no power.  Just like the ones in the bay.  You would feel disappointment if you had emotions.

The immediate danger past, Vert sorta stares at a wall.  Hope she's OK.  (vertigon didn't post a turn)

The party makes its way into the small airlock room.  It's too small for everyone to fit inside at once.  That's OK, though, because the power's out and Sir Bob ripped the outer door off.  This airlock is not going to function as originally intended.
[hidden roll] Nobody hears anything at all suspicious beyond the door.  (heh)

I'm trying to update at midnight forum-time again.  Which makes this one a bit early (or quite late).
She/they

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2010, 12:07:54 am »

Overly picky note: the persona using robots from Persona 3 had emotions, though they were pretty bad at expressing them when first activated. They were designed to be as human as possible because if they didn't think of themselves as being at least partially human they couldn't use personas.

Anyway, I begin charging a hadouken, tell everyone to get out of the way(or not, I don't really care) and then blast the airlock door to smithereens. Of course, fate demands I miss badly... and then hit Onrac. Somehow.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2010, 12:13:31 am »

I ask d if she can use the terminals without power, in the highly likely result that the answer is no, change my gauntled mounted weapons to heat ray mod and go ranged jedo on the doors
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2010, 01:33:18 am »

First, I kick the sleeping ExKirby in the nuts.

Then,
I attempt to get everyone inside the wherever the airlock leads by opening and then shutting the airlock doors with my MUSCLES OF SCIENCE. Use Stephinian powers if necessary.

Now, the air inside the station will probably push the party out quite rapidly. However, I should be able to push everyone in and then seal the airlock manually before loosing too much air pressure. It helps that I've got a charge built up, and Stephinians have the ability to bend or even ignore the laws of physics with enough power available to them. 

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2010, 01:35:46 am »

I make a two way portal leading to the other side of the door so my team doesn't have to blow it up and alert everyone.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19