Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24551 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 13: One thousand thousand slimy things)
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2010, 08:39:04 pm »

Fire a macross missile at the thing, then use flamethrowers and wings to charge hin, so as to stab him with D
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2010, 08:45:05 pm »

Oh I get it. It's ExKirby. Sweet, I get to kill ExKirby.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2010, 10:15:07 pm »

Damn. Well, use my suit to alter my trajectory, preferably not hitting anyone and landing softly. Then, attack mode! I target the thing that threw me and unleash a blash of freeze ray. Maybe toss whatever explosives I have on hand at it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 14: Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!)
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2010, 08:57:41 am »

Damn. Well, use my suit to alter my trajectory, preferably not hitting anyone and landing softly. Then, attack mode! I target the thing that threw me and unleash a blash of freeze ray. Maybe toss whatever explosives I have on hand at it.
Turns out you were unconscious.  Crashing into Blobby wakes you up, but you're too stunned to act this round.  Next round though.
Blobby cushioned your impact, but now he isn't moving.

Noticing the danger, Sir Bob launches himself from the floor towards the thing, activating his monomolecular energy blade and setting it to the longest setting. He aims to decapitate the thing, using his suit jets to increase his speed.

Sir Bob goes for the throat!
[1] The thing sees you approach and fires its laser arm!
[1] You fail to dodge.  The beam hits [6] your jets, overheating them and sending you careening into a wall.  You are bruised but not wounded.  Your jets are slag now though, and you're floating away from the wall you hit.

SHOOOOP DA WHOOOOOOP

Fire the SDW cannon at the enemy while backing away.

Darrak's SDW cannon is powerful enough to knock down buildings.

[3] BaKEW!  The shot hits the monster in its steampunk-encrusted shoulder, and ricochets into the void.  That ain't brass.  Still, the impact saves Black Mage from the thing's grip.

Fire a macross missile at the thing, then use flamethrowers and wings to charge hin, so as to stab him with D

[5][3][2][6][1][2]
Most of the missiles hit the body or armor for no effect (except friendly fire on BM, but he'll be fine).  One missile hits the more organic arm, causing the thing to flinch a bit.
You follow the missiles towards melee range.  BM tumbles past you, cursing.  D begins humming a tune you don't recognize, vibrating slightly in your hand.

I mutter angrily about an all-powerful sage, then take out my anger on the giant monster that just showed up. With knives. Lots of knives.

Blade fury!
[2][2][4][2][4][1]
TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK *grabbed*
The thing prepares to toss you into the portal, but Darrak shoots the thing in the shoulder and it loses its grip.
You blow a raspberry just as Sirrush's missiles hit the creature.  Yes, you're close enough that the explosions knock you across the bay.
[4] You're a bit crosseyed now.

Foe detected. Assessing risk. Risk level: high Activating Orgeia mode, summoning Persona: Black frost!

Use a very powerful ice attack

You begin the summoning process.  Something is wrong, though... you can't detect your personas!  You try harder.
[5] Ah, there they are.  How unusual.  You also notice that the evil stone has appeared in your hand.  That thing just doesn't compute.
[4] In any case, you summon Black Frost.  [4] It drains thermal energy directly from the foe.  Seems effective!

This abomination that used to be ExKirby is getting frustrated.  Its arm hurts.  It's cold.  It dropped the smelly thing.  It's angry.  IT. IS. ANGRY.
It also might be suffocating, it isn't really sure.
Flames burst from its skin!  They die out instantly in this near-vacuum, but you see the brass of its armor glow with heat.  Its organic body, instead of turning to charcoal, now looks tough and scaly.  It burps green plasma and turns to face Sirrush and D, who are almost ready to strike.

EDIT: BY THE 17 HELLS WHY DO I NEVER REMEMBER THE SUBJECT LINE
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:59:24 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2010, 09:44:31 am »

I fire gauss rounds at the thing. Hopefully my magneto-clamps will be able to reattach to the wall before I bounce off.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2010, 09:48:24 am »

"hmm i guess lack of oxygen is why my incendiary missiles caused no fire, still id have liked it to be at least mentioned"

Stab it with D, follow-up with a slash of my diamond edge blade, and another stab with D
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2010, 10:40:00 am »

One more!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2010, 10:40:10 am »

You know Orchita, only the main character of persona 3 actually has more than one persona. His ability to switch is exceptional. Not that the specifics really matter in an unrelated game. /nerdrant

That reminds me of BM's attack on a glacier. *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *Random explosion!* "Why would it explode?!"

Anyway: Absorb the thing's evil. Or just hadouken. Whichever.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2010, 10:43:06 am »

Dragnar- Get the answer and you will see.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2010, 11:29:28 am »

Ah. I haven't tried that out yet, since I'm not done with the main story yet.(I'm not sure why it even allows you to start with that)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2010, 01:24:57 pm »

Ponder how my SDW cannon fired a projectile (SDW=ShoopDaWhoop). It's more like a particle beam.

Then, since we're in zero gravity, jump on ExKirby's back and PRY STUFF OFF Use my MANLEH SPACE MHREEN MUSCLES.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2010, 01:40:55 pm »

"hmm i guess lack of oxygen is why my incendiary missiles caused no fire, still id have liked it to be at least mentioned"

Stab it with D, follow-up with a slash of my diamond edge blade, and another stab with D

That's right, this bay is unpressurized.  The only air is what leaked out of the shuttle.
I guess your missiles shouldn't have really done anything at all, whoops.  Or if they include their own oxygen supply then I suppose I could set BM on fire?  I'll assume that you didn't use incendiary missiles in a vacuum.

Ponder how my SDW cannon fired a projectile (SDW=ShoopDaWhoop). It's more like a particle beam.
It's still a "shot", right?  And particle beams have force, at least the way I see them.

I was also a bit rushed this morning, so I was a bit sloppy (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2010, 03:09:19 pm »

I do a mental reboot to...move some more, or whatever.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2010, 04:24:49 pm »

That's right, this bay is unpressurized.  The only air is what leaked out of the shuttle.
I guess your missiles shouldn't have really done anything at all, whoops.  Or if they include their own oxygen supply then I suppose I could set BM on fire?  I'll assume that you didn't use incendiary missiles in a vacuum.

It's still a "shot", right?  And particle beams have force, at least the way I see them.

I was also a bit rushed this morning, so I was a bit sloppy (:

I woulda fired non-oncendiaries, it makes sense. One problem though, sirrush only has incendiaries

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2010, 08:29:39 pm »

I keep getting screwed :C

Fire mah freeze ray to combat it's heated armor, possibly making the armor fragile.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19