Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24603 times)

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 7: The Sky Is Burning)
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2010, 04:46:03 pm »

I use my illusion device to create holographic mudkips in order to produce memetic energy. I also teleport an X-Com fighter craft into our hanger. Out of a museum. That I visited once. Yeah.

Failing that, I psionically search for Elerium and teleport any I find aboard.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »

I suggest "standing by" in the war until after the rebellion is over. Then we proceed to destroy everything.

I search the databases for methods of synthetic Elerium production, which was used briefly during the Frontier War.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2010, 06:51:55 pm »

I use my illusion device to create holographic mudkips in order to produce memetic energy.

It doesn't quite work like that. It has more to do with the emotional response to music and such. One of the narratives I came up with has LS-001 fighting about 20 entire space fleets on Earth and won by having every person on Earth sing the Ode to Joy in unison to generate enough energy for him to overcharge and turn everyone into plasma. Another one has Santa Claus being an Ancient Stephinian robot who has ridiculous quantities of power available to him because of "the spirit of Christmas".
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2010, 07:51:37 pm »

Rig a new sheath so i can sheath D on my back without interfearing with my mechanical wings, also again try to converse with D, foccusing on what she enjoys(if anything)

No orders for PAL today, Sirrush is trying to make friens with a new weapon
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 8: Where The Twist Flops)
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2010, 02:23:31 pm »

Damn, I guess there's just not enough people around to harvest it from... May have to instill some memetically powerful thoughts or something. Though I doubt that's likely to happen here...

Oh, also, my space marine doesn't have a problem with any of this because Stephinia is in an entirely parallel universe.

So... Umm... Eat, I guess.

[3] You go to the mess hall in Habitation and find some food.  It's bland, but you eat it anyway.  Sigh.
Then Blobby enters and shows you a giant image of the Earth, being burned by it's own fleet of starships.  The scene clearly affects him, and you have to admit it's impressive.  You're energized!

Start constructing a pair of machinegun arms to use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8MuS7zKBHE&feature=related - Skip to 9:20

[3] You find a workshop in Habitation and gather materials for the construction of a pair of machinegun arms.
[Hidden Roll] How can you have the Black Cube, if it's being so closely watched in Secure Storage?

I use my illusion device to create holographic mudkips in order to produce memetic energy. I also teleport an X-Com fighter craft into our hanger. Out of a museum. That I visited once. Yeah.

Failing that, I psionically search for Elerium and teleport any I find aboard.

[5] Darrak doesn't even notice the mudkips.  As he walks away sadly, you notice a viewscreen showing the destruction of Earth.  Maybe that will work.  You find Darrak in the cafeteria and form an illusion of the apocalypse.  The entire world, burning, destroyed by it's own defenders.  Whatever emotion you feel, it's strong, and Darrak seems healthier.

[1] Unfortunately, all known quantities of Elerium were used up during the War of First Contact.

I suggest "standing by" in the war until after the rebellion is over. Then we proceed to destroy everything.

I search the databases for methods of synthetic Elerium production, which was used briefly during the Frontier War.

[4] You notice Acikera walk into Habitation.
PAL reminds you that all the Elerium was used up in the War of First Contact, and [4] shows you the location of the workshop in habitation.  You go there and find materials (and Aigas).

Rig a new sheath so i can sheath D on my back without interfearing with my mechanical wings, also again try to converse with D, foccusing on what she enjoys(if anything)

No orders for PAL today, Sirrush is trying to make friens with a new weapon

[2][1]
You don't have anything to make a sheath with, so instead you just keep trying to get D's attention.  She finally responds "What *is* it?  It's rude to interrupt conversations, you know!"
You ask about her interests.  [2] "Well, killing sentient creatures is pretty grand.  Particularly annoying ones." [2] "Now if you'll excuse me, hero, PAL and I are discussing strategy.  When we figure out what to shoot, you'll be the first to know."

Earth continues to burn.  Even if there are survivors deep underground, they'll soon be dead.  PAL reports that the marines are gaining ground against young-Acikera in Luna.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:21:07 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2010, 02:27:00 pm »

make said arms then find a way to young D
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2010, 02:50:12 pm »

THE POWER IS MINE!

Attempt to modify the Elerium-consuming schematics to instead be fueled by memetic energy. Shouldn't be too hard. Though it might not be a good idea to waste it. Just because it comes from nowhere doesn't mean it's limitless...

Actually, feeling invigorated, I attempt to modify whatever sort of shuttlecraft this craft has. Maybe add an Icarus device, or something akin to the Starscream (standard fightercraft, looks a lot like a small jetplane)'s FTL engines... 
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2010, 02:52:20 pm »

My results didn't fit very well with my action.

I like for more unused materials. There must be some -somewhere- in this ship.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2010, 03:18:52 pm »

My results didn't fit very well with my action.

I like for more unused materials. There must be some -somewhere- in this ship.

Ah, right.  That result was meant for Spartan 117, I'll fix that.  Unfortunately his critical failure implies that your action is impossible.  I also never played Interceptor, and I'm not holding fast to XCom canon anyway.

So PAL just reminds you that Elerium was used up in the War of First Contact, and [4] shows you the location of the workshop in habitation.  You go there and find materials (and Aigas).  This all happened in Turn 8, so post a new Turn 9 action.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:22:31 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2010, 06:48:07 pm »

Well D is obviously annoyed so i leave her allone for now, try to find materials for a sheath for D, i need to be able to have my mands free to imolate stuff
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »

I use my psionic powers to locate marines on Luna, and then I teleport them into space.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:16 pm »

I check my ammo and suit subsystems. I should have:
AP gauss rounds, standard super-heavy assault rifle rounds, and an surface-to-orbit anti-ship missile.
While I'm doing this, I'll follow Acikera and try to get to know him.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 9: One For The Price Of Two)
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2010, 10:22:34 am »

Actually, feeling invigorated, I attempt to modify whatever sort of shuttlecraft this craft has. Maybe add an Icarus device, or something akin to the Starscream (standard fightercraft, looks a lot like a small jetplane)'s FTL engines... 
[2+1] You rig the shuttlecraft up with with a FTL communications device.  The main advantage over the existing system is that it's unjammable, since it uses quantum entanglement.

make said arms then find a way to young D

[2] Sirrush enters the workshop as you're getting started, and begins a mysterious construction!  You watch as he puts all manner of strange materials together into some sort of scabbard.  He is working so quickly, he has butchered the arms you were constructing before you finish protesting.  He doesn't seem to hear you anyway.
[Hidden Roll]
You PAL about reaching young-D.  [5] He says you can try to access Luna's network remotely, by jacking in to Pyrrhus.  Otherwise, if D's sword-form is physically inserted into Luna's network, she'll be able to merge with and destroy her younger self easily.

Well D is obviously annoyed so i leave her allone for now, try to find materials for a sheath for D, i need to be able to have my mands free to imolate stuff

You go to the workshop in Habitation.  Aigas is there, trying to make herself some cool-looking gun arms.
[6] A strange mood hits you!  [4] You are possessed by unknown forces, and lose consciousness.  When you awake, in front of you is an obsidian scabbard.  It has straps of kevlar, menaces with spikes of kevlar, has hanging rings of jet, and is permeated by wires of copper.  You notice that the machinegun-arms Aigas was building have been butchered.
[2] D doesn't notice yet, she must still be busy.

I use my psionic powers to locate marines on Luna, and then I teleport them into space.

[1][6]
You ready your teleporter and reach out with your mind.  Your are assaulted by massive feelings of terror and death!  You're inside the Luna base, watching young-Acikera fighting dozens of marines.  He's losing ground, but with the help of automated sentry guns he's inflicting many losses.  A rocket hits the wall near Acikera, knocking him to the ground in front of you, he's hurt but still fighting, he looks up at you, he screams
You're back on Pyrrhus.  You're in the shuttle bay, where Darrak is installing a new comm system in the shuttle.

I check my ammo and suit subsystems. I should have:
AP gauss rounds, standard super-heavy assault rifle rounds, and an surface-to-orbit anti-ship missile.
While I'm doing this, I'll follow Acikera and try to get to know him.

[4]You check, and all that gear is present and functional.
You attempt to follow Acikera into Habitation [1] but lose track of him.  You wander into the workshop and find Aigas and Sirrush.
[4] You notice that there's plenty of nanoforge material here.

PAL reports that according to D's account, the fight in Luna should be over in 15 minutes.  D suggests that this would be a good time to infiltrate the Luna base so she can merge with her younger self.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:40:56 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2010, 11:39:31 am »

Jack into lunas network
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2010, 06:25:08 pm »

Wear the Scabbard, in a way hat does not interfear with ny movement, or my mechanical wings, then sheath D in it, become ready for window of oportunity
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19