Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24576 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 5: Never Stop Firing)
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2010, 11:30:40 pm »

Oooh, it's nearly midnight. Past midnight where I am.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 5: Never Stop Firing)
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2010, 11:48:18 pm »

Yeah, I can't wait to see how misenterpreted my question gets.

Also am I really that popular? I had no idea.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 6: Never Burn Money)
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 03:45:45 am »

For the record, the emphasis in that quote is not mine, haha.  I used 8pt font for that part.  Obviously we're both joking (I'd be in a good mood too with those rolls).

I order PAL to activate the time jump, then examine D
PAL: "YesThankYouChargingJumpNow".  Jeez, it's just a supernova, not the end of the world - OK bad example.
While not a buster sword, D's blade is wider than any practical steel sword would be.  Her hilt is large and decorated with gold, and the pommel is smokey blue glass or polished crystal.  The blade's material is much lighter than steel, and its edges are rather dull.
In short, D is not a particularly good sword in the hack-and-slash sense.  You do notice that her point seems sharp, so stabbing should work.  When she spoke to you before you heard her voice in your head.  For now she is silent.

I attempt to speak to the intruder, saying: "Do you know how to make those energy shields?"

I use my illusion device to make appropriate visual aids.

Acikera chuckles.  "Ironically, this technology comes from a time before humanity existed." [6]However, we've had plenty of time to study it!  And when I say 'we' I mean D.  I let her handle the sciencey stuff.  Judging by her silence, she's busy uploading that data and more into your network, it'll be available before long.

I stuff the broken flame turret into my nanoforge for matter and then make some incendiary MIRV micro-missiles for Puff.
Er whoops.  The flame turret isn't broken, that fight was just an illusion.  It wasn't an illusion you witnessed either, heh.
[4] Instead you have PAL shoot flamer fuel into your forge without igniting it.  That works fine, and there's plenty more if you need.
[6] You confuse the "Multiple" in MIRV for "Mecha".  You have made Puff 3 missiles that each separate into 100 incendiary rockets upon firing.

I also give Frederic one of my diamod bladed swords, seing as i will probably only be using one now, D is probably much more awesome and he is trying o help me burn stuff

Just tell me who Frederic is, and it will be so!

When Acikera reveals that D is uploading technology to the network, PAL freaks: "SHE WHAT -searching- -searching- "
[3] A hologram of D appears "behind" PAL.  "Oh.  Very clever.  Ha. Ha.  Could you reveal your presence in my network as well?"
[6][2] "... right.  I'm sure you feel proud, outmaneuvering billion-year-old technology, but I have to ask you to limit yourself to these nodes and... I'm broadcasting?  Oh!  Sorry heroes.  I've found her, she was across half the ship.  I think she's mocking me.  Anyway she's behaving now, moving into a section I've set aside.  Hold on... incredible, she just sent me her security token.  We can certainly trust her now, I've got the key to her mind.  I don't know how you got her loyalty, heroes, but there's no going back for her now." [Hidden Roll]

"The time jump is almost charged, and we have 10 minutes before the supernova.  I suggest you finish your business with 'Acikera' one way or the other, and also repair the missile computer in ring 1."

This is the last time I start to write up a turn at 2AM.  I let myself get distracted constantly and now it's 4:40.  Next time I'll do it in the morning, rested, able to focus (:  Anyway, actions by midnight "tonight" haha.  Status should be updated in a minute, not much to change.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2010, 04:18:22 am »

Sory i ment roderic when i said frederic, also for some reason was cpnnfused and thought nurir had a more complicated name, bob(nurir) was who i meant

I inspect the missiles that Bob made me, then i practice fighting using D and my other diamond bladed sword, D on my good hand, also D what she is good at AND enjoys, it always pays to have sentient weapons happy
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2010, 08:48:30 am »

Repair the damage You said I was a summoner. I am a humanoid tactical robot. Why did you call me a summoner. I only use my personas
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2010, 10:32:25 am »

Heyumm... you sort of missed my action... I kind of wanted it from a Stephinian perspective (He'd probably be more concerned with the AI, seeing that the sword itself probably only half exists).

But anyway, Give PAL a pat on the back, and work on getting some memetic energy from the rest of the party.

Probably by rocking out. Stephinians are weak little creatures who need robots to carry their televisions when they're just living, but when the energy levels start to go up...
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2010, 12:10:36 pm »

I go look for some trash to refill my nanoforge with.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2010, 01:51:46 pm »

I head to the missile computer and repair it. I also ask Bob to read the energy shield schematics and make me one.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2010, 08:27:30 pm »

Um.  I could claim that I meant to only run this on weekdays, but that would be a lie.
My job and my friends demanded me today, though.  Apologies.  We're delaying a day, meaning I'll finish Turn 7 tonight or maybe in the morning, and actions are due midnight tomorrow.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2010, 05:01:37 am »

Where da turns at.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 7: The Sky Is Burning)
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2010, 12:18:00 pm »

Sory i ment roderic when i said frederic, also for some reason was cpnnfused and thought nurir had a more complicated name, bob(nurir) was who i meant

I inspect the missiles that Bob made me, then i practice fighting using D and my other diamond bladed sword, D on my good hand, also D what she is good at AND enjoys, it always pays to have sentient weapons happy
Cool, I might have figured it out had I not been extremely sleepy at the time.  Or maybe not.  Anyway you give Bob one of your swords.
The missiles are roughly Gundam-style - they separate immediately after firing into a swarm of 100 little rockets, converge on the target from several angles.  These particular rockets not only explode, but also set the area around the target on fire.

You spar with Blobby [2] but it turns out that, as a sword, D is as impractical as she looks.  She's too light to make a forceful swing with, and her size makes her easy to parry.  [4] You have better luck treating her as a rapier, and manage to tag Blobby's "hand".  He's not damaged.

Repair the damage You said I was a summoner. I am a humanoid tactical robot. Why did you call me a summoner. I only use my personas
"It looked like summoning to me, is there a difference?  I meant no offense."
(I think I understand the difference, but Acikera does not.  Personas come from within, right?  Maybe they're even part of the evoker?)
I head to the missile computer and repair it. I also ask Bob to read the energy shield schematics and make me one.

After the sparring with Sirrush, Blobby and Aigas go to the missile computer and try to fix it.  [4][5] That was easy, a bit of the metal cover just shorted a circuit when Acikera slashed it.  The two of you bend the metal back, have PAL route power back to it, and it's all fixed.

Heyumm... you sort of missed my action... I kind of wanted it from a Stephinian perspective (He'd probably be more concerned with the AI, seeing that the sword itself probably only half exists).

But anyway, Give PAL a pat on the back, and work on getting some memetic energy from the rest of the party.

Probably by rocking out. Stephinians are weak little creatures who need robots to carry their televisions when they're just living, but when the energy levels start to go up...

Hm, the sword's busy, so you access the network to examine D's presence there.  [hidden roll] You confirm that D is essentially quarantined, and carefully watched by a wary PAL.  The two of them seem to be conversing.  You commend PAL, and he replies that Sirrush deserves credit for winning D.  D recounted Sirrush's illusory fight with Acikera, and PAL shows it to you.

As for memetic energy, [2] you're going to need the other players' cooperation for that.

I go look for some trash to refill my nanoforge with.

[1] You have forgotten that Habitation contains equipment storage, including raw materials.  Also Blobby keeps distracting you with requests for a energy shield.  You study the schematics D uploaded [3] and think your forge should be able to handle it, but you'll need elerium.  Elerium, or element 115, hasn't been used since the War of First Contact.

A ripple of oddness passes through Pyrrhus as the time jump activates.  PAL speaks over the intercom.
"A shame there was no time for briefings before we launched, but we appear safe for now.  We have traveled back about a billion years.  Mankind appears to have purged all other sentient life, and lives in thousands of star systems.  Fortunately for us, D's younger self began her act of "mercy" a few hours ago.  All over the galaxy stars are going supernova.
Obviously, she spared Sol.  Earth is being blasted by the remains of humanity's mothballed star fleet, now under young-D's control.  It's... a video feed is available if you want to watch.  Our D says that her relocation to Phobos and Deimos came later - at this time she's inside Luna.  Acikera is inside Luna as well, fighting off a small army of marines attempting to kill D.  Acikera has no idea what young-D is doing, or why the marines are attacking.  He is used to D keeping him in the dark about such things."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:17:27 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2010, 12:32:03 pm »

So would our mission be to protect young D?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2010, 01:16:07 pm »

So would our mission be to protect young D?
"My advice is yes.  She is in a position to do most of the work for us.  Also, our D is certain she can subvert and eliminate her younger self, given physical access.  Via the sword."
She/they

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2010, 02:30:44 pm »

Damn, I guess there's just not enough people around to harvest it from... May have to instill some memetically powerful thoughts or something. Though I doubt that's likely to happen here...

Oh, also, my space marine doesn't have a problem with any of this because Stephinia is in an entirely parallel universe.

So... Umm... Eat, I guess.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:03:55 pm by Schilcote »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2010, 02:48:32 pm »

Start constructing a pair of machinegun arms to use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8MuS7zKBHE&feature=related - Skip to 9:20
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19