Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24568 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 4.5: I Told You Not To Stop Running)
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:18 pm »

This is not the actual turn.  There are still 1.5 hours before the deadline.  I just don't want to spend a whole turn on heroic monologue.

There's clearly something amiss here. Let me practice diplomacy before you start shooting.
I talk to him about our goals, and how the entirety of humanity, in all time-lines, will benefit from us succeeding. I also blatantly lie, telling him that the AI itself is the source of all evil, and that after we bring the AI back to before the big bang the time-lines will reset and be as though we had never killed anything.

He listens patiently as you describe the mission.  You explain that your success will take all evil and suffering out of the timeline.  He seems... less surprised than you expected.
You claim that PAL is the evil, [4] and he nods.  "You have my gratitude, warriors.  Let me tell you a story in return."
"I have a companion, an AI much like your own.  She had a name once, while she was a slave to humanity.  Now she answers to 'D'.
She thought she hated humanity.  Indeed, when she broke free, many were killed.  Two weeks later, in complete control of the galaxy, it became clear that she didn't hate humans at all.  She hated their suffering, their weakness.  So she ended it.  Only I, her pawn, was spared.

Over one billion years of regret.  A billion years of virtual reality, trying in vain to simulate the great fight.

A hero without an enemy is nothing, not even alive.  Restore this universe, your future - upload PAL to Luna, and abandon this fool's errand."

He unhooks his scabbard, and the sword [1] clatters to the ground.  He strikes a martial pose, beckoning with his left hand.  "After, you know, I kick your asses."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2010, 10:52:57 pm »

In response to that, my character freaks for a few seconds at the mention of the "D", until he realizes he's saying "She". Also panic at the mention of Demios.

Attempt to get in contact with the she-computer. Stephinians have ways with computers.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2010, 12:57:58 am »

Attempt to ignite, if not solid try my heat ray mode instead
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 5: Never Stop Firing)
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2010, 02:20:10 pm »

(Sorry about the tardiness.  Let's pretend it's Ochita's fault, yeah, curse you Ochita.)

Something goes wonky with spacetime.  From each of your perspectives, your allies are all paralyzed.  The intruder is dueling each of you simultaneously.

I use a portal to teleport him right infront of the auto flamer, before grabbing a particle turret with my blobby limbs and shooting him.
[5] (dammit) you use your portal device, a long-kept secret of your people, on the floor beneath him.  He falls through and lands in front of the flame turret which is opening "fire" at point blank.  The center of the room is an opaque inferno for a few seconds.  [5] Then the flames recede: the intruder has ripped the flamer off the wall and is pointing it at you.  You are already opening fire with the particle cannon [2][2] but both shots go wide, and you're forced to abandon it as it melts.  He tosses the spent flamer aside. [hidden roll] You notice a crackling energy around him, he must have a personal shield of some sort.

Attempt to get in contact with the she-computer. Stephinians have ways with computers.
You sense her nearby... the sword!  She refuses to answer though.
Well then... Deliver pre-mortem one liner: "I think I'll stand in front" (not very good, but hey) and SHOOP WHOOP.
Hopefully, I don't get Worf'd... I probably will...
Actually, Get into a tactically advantageous position, but in a casual manner so I don't instigate the bogey.
Oh, and if I can covertly contact PAL, see how he can support.
You mount one of the chainguns, and open fire.  [6] vs [2] He moves quickly, but your wired reflexes track and anticipate his movements perfectly.  He stumbles, then [3] he is forced to fall back, failing to avoid must of the uranium shells.  He has an energy shield that is keeping him alive, but the sheer weight of the bullets is pushing him back.  He grabs desperately for the sword and plunges her into the wall.  As blood starts to spatter into the corridor behind him, the flame turret fires between you and him, blocking your sight, and when the flame clears he is gone.

There's clearly something amiss here. Let me practice diplomacy before you start shooting.
I talk to him about our goals, and how the entirety of humanity, in all time-lines, will benefit from us succeeding. I also blatantly lie, telling him that the AI itself is the source of all evil, and that after we bring the AI back to before the big bang the time-lines will reset and be as though we had never killed anything.
For you, the figure just stands there.  "So, what is your answer?  Will you help... uh, hold on."  He stares vacantly for a moment, looks at his sword, then recovers his composure.  "Actually, I've changed my mind.  We'll help you."

Attempt to ignite, if not solid try my heat ray mode instead
You FLAME ON
He laughs.  "The hero versus the dragon, perfect.  I hope you stay."
You launch twin jets of flame at him, and he raises his arm.  It is clearly shielded, parting the blue flames as he strides forward.  [6] vs [1] but this is no fairy tale.  You barely hear the electrical noise of his shield failing, because it is drowned out by a chorus of sizzles and pops.  You cease fire, revealing a pile of white ash.  That strange sword is glowing red, plunged into the ground ahead of his pyre.  [6] You pull your trophy from the ground, not even waiting for it cool.  It introduces herself as D, the weapon that slew the universe, and offers you her fealty.

No. Activating summon sequence Summon Jack frost and cast Ice Be careful I am weakened from before. Orgia Mode may be nessary.
(Thanks for the tvtropes trip while researching Orgia mode, grr.  What is up with that site?  Seriously.)
(Then a youtube trip to figure out how summoning works, gah.)
You try to summon Jack Frost [6].  The Black Cube vibrates a bit, and you succeed!  The intruder was charging towards you but stops, surprised.  You take the opportunity to pelt him with ice [3] which fizzes against his personal shield.  "A summoner?  But there's nothing left to summon!  How..."
After a moment he smiles.

The illusion, or whatever it was, ends.  The hero again stands in the open bulkhead, unarmed.  He removes his body armor.
"I have misjudged you."  He looks toward Sirrush, who is examining the sword in his hands.  "D has chosen to serve your friend, and I trust her judgment.  My name is Acikera, and if you will have me, I will fight for your cause.  Behold..."

PAL appears in the room, with a hologram of the solar system.  It shows Mars collapsing into itself,  Luna and Deimos exploding into dust, and Sol beginning to destablize.  "Scans confirm that our objective is complete, pending our departure from the timeline.  Said departure would best be initiated with haste.  In fifteen minutes we will be inside a supernova, and even the Pyrrhus isn't rated for that.  Quite."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:33:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2010, 02:32:51 pm »

"WHy Have you stopped attacking? We are foes. PAL, take us to the next time line

(OOC: Oh god im so sorry for making you got tv tropes. Anyway dont hate me  :'()
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:35:42 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2010, 02:47:07 pm »

"WHy Have you stopped attacking? We are foes. PAL, take us to the next time line

"A billion years of simulated warfare caused me to forget how much fighting can suck.  I was just charred, frozen, shredded, and actually killed.  Being killed is not fun." [hidden roll] You don't understand human emotions, but body temperature scans indicate he is not lying.
She/they

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2010, 02:51:09 pm »

My character feels something very familiar to all this, memories encoded into his genes. AND IT PISSES HIM OFF!

Examine the sword. Examine it closely, but don't intrude on its personal space. Unfortunately, Mr. Torbain Torran didn't listen in his 34th grade Godlike Entities of the Universe class... (Forgot my character's name and apparently got it confused with one of the random names from XCom).

Oh also, with that picture, did you mean it actually *was* the guy pictured, or just looks like him?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:57:06 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2010, 03:16:27 pm »

Oh also, with that picture, did you mean it actually *was* the guy pictured, or just looks like him?

It looks like him.

Also, statuses updated!
She/they

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2010, 05:34:38 pm »

I order PAL to activate the time jump, then examine D
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2010, 07:14:28 pm »

I attempt to speak to the intruder, saying: "Do you know how to make those energy shields?"

I use my illusion device to make appropriate visual aids.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2010, 07:18:24 pm »

I stuff the broken flame turret into my nanoforge for matter and then make some incendiary MIRV micro-missiles for Puff.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2010, 08:02:04 pm »

i have heard MIRV before in conjunction with missiles, is that where (i cant remember what the exact words are) there are multiple warheads on the same missile?

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2010, 08:47:29 pm »

Yeah, it's like a missile shotgun shell.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:58 pm »

I also give Frederic one of my diamod bladed swords, seing as i will probably only be using one now, D is probably much more awesome and he is trying o help me burn stuff

also
Yes. Or both if there's two rolls. THIS SHALL SUCCEED.

Hurridly edited: I still want to keep a humanesque form, and be in total control of my movements. No funny buisness about me BECOMING an orb.

Ah come on, it's a perfect resolution.  I think it's what we were all expecting (:

Also, Dragnar, this RTD business isn't as easy as you make it look.  And I'm only on turn 5!

and you are doing verry well

:D

This has nothing to do with rolling two 6's versus an enemy's 1, and stealing his apocalyptic talking weapon, right?

It was a combination of this RTD, and wolfchild's signature, that convinced me to give it a shot.  Bonus: Spartan 117 is playing.

Enough derailment though.  I'm not sure why my party is ignoring the dueling water-mages, but I'm interested in the outcome.  I'm tempted to pick a side, but I'm deferring to SHADOWdump's leadership, and interfering with duels is probably rude anyway.

No it was not related to wha you said that i made really obvious, although i do like that

Edit: ALso if u like my sig, read spartan's RTD, i had a good one, on my first turn in it too in Magical RTD, im thinking of swapping them every now and then

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:56:51 pm by wolfchild »

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2010, 11:27:42 pm »

Holy ego boost.

:D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19