Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24524 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 3: Instead, Dread Deimos)
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2010, 09:16:51 am »

Upon noticing the pompus guy making ammo,

"Hey, can you make me some incendiary missiles??"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2010, 10:22:55 am »

"You seriously want to use incendiary munitions in a close in space, near team members not in powered armor?
An excellent plan. I'll be making them on the way; come with me."

If possible, I will make some incendiary micro-missiles for Puff in addition to my other actions.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2010, 10:24:13 am »

I disconnect from PAL and follow Nirur. "I can use my persona to defeat them. Plus I have a 40mm grenade launcher"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2010, 08:44:26 pm »

Only lacking John's Spartan 117's action.  There's still 3.5 hours to go.  It won't disrupt anything if he doesn't make it, I'll just have him follow the group.

Right now the group is headed to Habitation, since only Nirur Torir stated a strong preference, and you all decided to follow.  So that's good.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2010, 09:54:24 pm »

Heyyyyy, can I join late? I'll explain it myself. Please? Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaseeeeee? *bambi eyes*

EDIT:

Spoiler: SPESS MHREEN (click to show/hide)

Darrak Torran is on vacation, and has decided to go and kick ass for someone else for a change. Picking a name out of the Stephinian Ultimate Registry of Stuff, he sets the coordinates on the public-access Icarus generator and travels to where this RTD is taking place. A bolt of lightning appears from nowhere and then the telltale distortion effect of a wormhole appears, which he appears through. He speaks, in his smooth, deep voice, "I heard there was some planets that need blown up. I want in."

Signup Sheet:
Character Name: Darrak Torran, Stephinian Special Forces
Humorous Callsign: SPESS MHREEN
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment (go nuts): SDW-550 (big-ass lazor cannon), SPAAD (pronounced Spade) communicator device (cell phone that works across universes).
Primary Skill: RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS Heavy weapons
Secondary Skill: Computers 'n stuff (Stephinians are good with dem comp00ters)
Unskill: Being polite and respectful and stuff (Stephinians are a very objectivist bunch, and they just don't bow down to anyone who can't be accurately described as God)
Why should the Galactic Senate choose you for this mission: 'Cos he's an effin space marine and you should respect his authoritah
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:08:18 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2010, 10:12:07 pm »

Hey nurir, you making my character incendiary missiles, makes an instant friend of my character. So im thinkin hat my characters in rtds that you are also in will try to berfiend you, this is helped by the way our characters met in magical rtd.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2010, 10:58:01 pm »

I order PAL to activate defenses in Ring 3, as well as sending some robots to retrieve me a SPLOT laser gun. Then I head to the section that connects Ring 2 and 3.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2010, 10:23:23 am »

Assuming I'm in,
I follow the majority and look for asses to kick, Stephinian style
I also make light conversation trying to collect information about the team.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 4: Never Stop Running)
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2010, 12:17:02 pm »

The transit system is a series of ceiling-tracks.  You all hook yourselves to the track, and are quickly carried to a security checkpoint between Habitation and Secure Storage, in the projected path of the intruders.  It's a wild ride.

I head to habitation, creating airburst limited explosive range EMP (about 5 meters) gauss rounds for myself. They may appear to be corporeal, but I'd like to have a backup if they're not, or if they have heavy technology that's not hardened against EMP weaponry. Hopefully my suit gets a speed boost, allowing me to run to the fortified position in ring 3 after I've identified them.

"I'll figure out how to engage them. The rest of you: fortify ring 3."
"You seriously want to use incendiary munitions in a close in space, near team members not in powered armor?
An excellent plan. I'll be making them on the way; come with me."

If possible, I will make some incendiary micro-missiles for Puff in addition to my other actions.
You try to make explosives for you and Puff while dangling from the transit rail, at high speed. 
[3][2] You manage to make an EMP variable-grenade for yourself, that's all you can manage in this position.  You also need some more matter.
You can't scout the enemy because bulkheads have been closed in their path.  Wait, where'd the bulkhead go?  ... Uh oh.

I order PAL to lock down all bulkheads exepting those leading from here to secure storage
"guy's let's catch them at secure storage, those closed down bulkheads will delay them so that we have time to get the defenses active"

I head to secure storage, specifically to where we will likely encounter them, and get to work forifying the place furthur
PAL locks down the bulkheads, giving you time to fortify. [5] The location is perfect already, clearly built specifically for defending Secure Storage.  There are two mountable chainguns and two mountable particle turrets, and a wonderful lack of cover near the Habitation bulkhead.  You find a button labeled [2] "everything dies".  You somehow resist the urge to push it, just yet.  You turn your attention to the Habitation bulkhead just in time to see it open.  Why did it open?

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE.

You CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE to the defensive position with the others.

I disconnect from PAL and follow Nirur. "I can use my persona to defeat them. Plus I have a 40mm grenade launcher"

[2] Disconnect?  The power, the possibilities... you are a battlestation!  Then you feel PAL's presence.  "I thought this might happen.  Come on, back to your chassis.  I'll handle the Pyrrhus, you handle the astral stuff."
Then you are back in your robot body.  For now, at least.
You follow the others on the transit line.  You arrive as the bulkhead opens.
[hidden roll]

I order PAL to activate defenses in Ring 3, as well as sending some robots to retrieve me a SPLOT laser gun. Then I head to the section that connects Ring 2 and 3.

You head to the defensive position with the others.
[3] PAL acknowledges, and an automated flamer-turret unfolds from the ceiling to support the mountable guns.
[2] While the Pyrrhus has a small staff of insentient (it's a real word!) repair-bots, they don't know what a SPLOT laser is.

Assuming I'm in,
[6] Alright, looks like you're in, bringing us to 6 active players.  You follow the others to the defensive position.

In the bulkhead stands a sole figure, this guy: http://digitalart.org/art/126/game-art/marathon-marine/
He is replacing a large metal broadsword into a sheath on his back.  He is also talking, apparently to himself: "About time.  Now... wait, contacts, this ship isn't empty!"  He stares at you for a moment, leaving his chaingun on the ground for now.  "I will destroy this ship before it destroys everything.  Will you stand beside me, or in front?"

This turn is late, my self-appointed deadline is noon forum-time.  8-9 AM is when I start, but sometimes stuff happens (like today).  Deadline for posts is still midnight forum-time.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2010, 12:46:18 pm »

No. Activating summon sequence Summon Jack frost and cast Ice Be careful I am weakened from before. Orgia Mode may be nessary.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2010, 02:17:48 pm »

Assuming I'm in,
[6] Alright, looks like you're in, bringing us to 6 active players.  You follow the others to the defensive position.

In the bulkhead stands a sole figure, this guy: http://digitalart.org/art/126/game-art/marathon-marine/
He is replacing a large metal broadsword into a sheath on his back.  He is also talking, apparently to himself: "About time.  Now... wait, contacts, this ship isn't empty!"  He stares at you for a moment, leaving his chaingun on the ground for now.  "I will destroy this ship before it destroys everything.  Will you stand beside me, or in front?"

Wait, what? I don't intend to destroy the ship, I intend to do whatever everyone else is doing. Also, I don't have a chaingun and broadsword, I have an ultra-heavy laser and a cell phone. Did you read my application?
Or are you talking about someone else?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2010, 02:23:45 pm »

Assuming I'm in,

Wait, what? I don't intend to destroy the ship, I intend to do whatever everyone else is doing. Also, I don't have a chaingun and broadsword, I have an ultra-heavy laser and a cell phone. Did you read my application?

Ahaha, that's funny: I did strongly consider making you the intruder, but didn't see a way to do it while respecting your rights to your character.  No, this is someone else, you're with the defenders.
She/they

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2010, 02:31:43 pm »

Assuming I'm in,

Ahaha, that's funny: I did strongly consider making you the intruder, but didn't see a way to do it while respecting your rights to your character.  No, this is someone else, you're with the defenders.

Well then... Deliver pre-mortem one liner: "I think I'll stand in front" (not very good, but hey) and SHOOP WHOOP.
Hopefully, I don't get Worf'd... I probably will...
Actually, Get into a tactically advantageous position, but in a casual manner so I don't instigate the bogey.
Oh, and if I can covertly contact PAL, see how he can support.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:33:15 pm by Schilcote »

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2010, 05:42:49 pm »

I use a portal to teleport him right infront of the auto flamer, before grabbing a particle turret with my blobby limbs and shooting him.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »

There's clearly something amiss here. Let me practice diplomacy before you start shooting.
I talk to him about our goals, and how the entirety of humanity, in all time-lines, will benefit from us succeeding. I also blatantly lie, telling him that the AI itself is the source of all evil, and that after we bring the AI back to before the big bang the time-lines will reset and be as though we had never killed anything.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19