Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)  (Read 24476 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Repeated Omnicide RTD (Turn 22: Angels and Demons)
« on: June 12, 2010, 01:53:18 am »

Destroying the world is fun, destroying the universe repeatedly is more fun.  What's more, you can do it for a good cause!

Four to Six players will visit various time periods, starting with grand galactic warfare and ending with primordial soup, and destroy the human race for it's own good.  Repeatedly.  In a nutshell, the players are taking a Really Evil Thing to an alternate timeline where there are no humans.  You will have really big guns to accomplish this with.

I'll update every night at midnight EST, which is 5AM GMT, unless several players have yet to post.

This will be my first time running a RTD, but I have experience with tabletop and some IRC RP (#scratchrp).

Mission Briefing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Signup Sheet:
Character Name:
Humorous Callsign:
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment (go nuts):
Primary Skill:
Secondary Skill:
Unskill:
Why should the Galactic Senate choose you for this mission:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:22:56 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD: Starting out
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:53:36 am »

Statuses as of Turn 18

Sirrush "Puff" (wolfchild):
Character sheet:
In the ruins of Onrac
Weapons checked and good to go.
Carrying D, the sword/AI that killed the universe.
Carrying snazzy artifact scabbard made out of obsidian, kevlar, jet, and robot-parts

Vert "Alpha Q" (Vertigon):
Character Sheet:
In the ruins of Onrac
Feeling much better now

Bob "DotDotDot" (Nirur Torir)
Tram system on-route to Core Logic Center
In addition to other armaments, has an EMP grenade
Weapons checked and good to go

Alexander Kyrby "INSTANT DEATH" (ExKirby)
Character Sheet:
Deader than dead.

Blobby McBlobberson "Ditto" (Spartan 117)
In the ruins of Onrac

Aigas "I need Your Help" (Ochita)
Tram system on-route to Core Logic Center
Carrying the Evil Stone from the Final Era.

Darrak Torran, "SPESS MHREEN" (Schilcote)
In the ruins of Onrac

Black Mage, "BM" (Dragnar)
In the ruins of Onrac
Angry
Hadoken for the day: used.

PAL
In possession of D's security token.
Admiring Earth's destruction

Old-D
A sword
In the moon-base's network
In the same time as her younger self

Young-D
Singing "Daisy, Daisy"

Old-Acikera
Very very dead.

Young-Acikera
Desperately leading a droid army against mutant abherrations.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:57:26 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD: Looking for players
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 02:17:45 am »

Character Name: Sirrush
Humerous Callsign: Puff
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment: Powered Armour Suit with A stylised helmate repesenting a red dragon's head; 2 Gauntlet Mounted Incendiery Projection Devices(2 Modes, Flame thrower and heat ray); Functional Mechanical Reptile Wings, Omniwave Visual Augmentor; Shoulder Mounted Micro incendiary launchers; Stylised Aierial Rudder(Mecanical tail, do you realy think wings are enough to fly with, oh yea, its electrified); 2 un-standard issue Diamond Short Blades, Cool Metalic Red, with scale pattern paint job on armour.
Primary Skill:  Incineration
Secondary Skill: Mobility
Unskill: Diplomacy
Why the Galactic Senate should choose me for this mission: Sirrush has proven an expert on destroying things, basicaly being a personification of Kill it With Fire It's only a small step up from that to incinerating worlds
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 03:28:34 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 02:21:04 am »

Character Name: Vert
Humorous Callsign: Alpha Q (say it fast)
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment (go nuts): Freeze fucking lazer, skintight sexy looking suit that changes to accomodate needs
Primary Skill: KILLBOTICS
Secondary Skill: Explosives
Unskill: Melee Weapons/ Handguns
Why should the Galactic Senate choose you for this mission: Because I spent 2 years in Nam, and 10 in HURGABLURG Planet, and because due to the effects of faster-than-light travel, I'm technically 3000, but actually 30.

Basically I just screwed around. But I am serious about wanting to play.

EDIT: Forgot Unskill, hold on.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:23:51 am by Vertigon »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 02:46:34 am »

Im not certain about it, but since im obviously goin dragon like, how does puff sound for a humerous callsighn?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 03:23:11 am »

Im not certain about it, but since im obviously goin dragon like, how does puff sound for a humerous callsighn?

Sounds great.

In a game with so few rules, I'm expecting things to be a bit zany.  While I'm fond of the time-travel backstory I made, this isn't the grimdark universe where there is only war.  This the sort of universe that a small band of misfits can and will wreak havoc upon.

If that doesn't make sense, it's 4:18AM where I'm at.  I have to work for my job at whatever hour I'm inspired, sigh.

Also yes, unskill is just something the character is particularly bad at.  Mainly for character-depth purposes.  Obviously someone could choose to be bad at eating pizza or something, and if they roleplay that interestingly?  I won't mind.
She/they

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 03:28:08 am »

ok then rolan, i know its not grimdark, i just wanted to be a power-armoured dragon, il modify my origional post to include callsign

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 07:16:17 am »

Character Name: Bob
Humorous Callsign: Sir Bob the Terrific, Senator 573 of Alpha Centauri III, duke of Blarlalr, count of Blarla, Clarla, and Elarla, CEO of Terrific Terraforming, Inc, Master of Spying of Alpha Centauri III, General 42 of Alpha Centauri III, First Amongst Equals of the Clarla Brewers Club, Best Pwner of the Annual Holo TF 77 Convention of Alpha Centauri III for eight years running, Father of Diplomat 1103 of Alpha Centauri III, Most Impress [ERROR: ENTRY TOO LONG, TRUNCATING.]
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment: Powered armor suit SF-9501253B, standard issue. Comes equipped with a 5mm gauss gun on right glove (The hand may still carry things), a monomolecular size-shifting sword/lance in the left glove (Retractable into the glove itself, for freedom of movement), an anti-matter reactor, a Microsynth 5912525D Nanoforge (Very useful for instant creative ammo production, among other things. Requires matter to function), enhanced arm muscles, enhanced leg muscles for superior speed and jumping, a personal barrier shield generator, and secondary weapons embedded in the legs, removable to use as standard weapons: A large anti-ship missile launcher (Not intended for surface use. This never stopped anybody from trying, of course.) and an 8125356P Super-Heavy assault rifle. Suit comes with an oxygen generator.
Primary Skill: Shooting things
Secondary Skill: Using a Microsynth 5912525D Nanoforge
Unskill: He is excessively arrogant, and is bad at resisting the urge to utterly annihilate anyone who he feels insults him.
Why should the Galactic Senate choose you for this mission: Because I am Sir Bob the Terrific, Senator 573 of Alpha Centauri III, Duke of Blarlalr, count of Blarla, Clarla, and Elarla, CEO of Terrific Terraforming, Inc, Master of Spying of Alpha Centauri III, General 42 of Alpha Centauri III, First Amongst Equals of the Clarla Brewers Club, Best Pwner of the Annual Holo TF 77 Convention of Alpha Centauri III for eight years running, Father of Diplomat 1103 of Alpha Centauri III [ERROR: ENTRY TOO LONG, TRUNCATING.]

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 07:34:23 am »

weeelll, with my unablity to be tact, and you're unability to take insults or ruthful criticism,i see a schism

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD: Need 2-3 more players
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 11:36:50 am »

That's three players already, looking for another 2-3.  Updated the status post with... your statuses!

ok then rolan, i know its not grimdark, i just wanted to be a power-armoured dragon, il modify my origional post to include callsign

Don't worry, I just mean that the universe doesn't take itself too seriously.  The characters are going to be generally powerful due to their high-technology upbringing, and their selection for this mission.
She/they

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 11:53:27 am »

Character Name: Alexander Kyrby
Humorous Callsign: INSTANT DEATH.
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment (go nuts): Armor, Armor, Steampunk arm, Armor, BIG FRAKKING LAZOR, Orbital Bombardment Strike.... the usual.
Primary Skill: KILLING.
Secondary Skill: KILLING. I get two KILLING bonuses!
Unskill: NOT KILLING.
Why should the Galactic Senate choose you for this mission: I Kill. A lot.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 12:07:03 pm »

Character Name: Blobby McBlobberson
Humorous Callsign: Ditto
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment (go nuts): An illusion device to hide that I'm a two feet tall purple blob, a psionic energy enhancer, a teleporter, a portable portal machine, and a minifridge.
Primary Skill: Psionics
Secondary Skill: Long Range Portalling
Unskill: Speaking anything other than "Ditto!"
Why should the Galactic Senate choose you for this mission: Do you want a psychic genetic monster running around?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:11:26 pm by Spartan 117 »
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD: Need 1-2 more players
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 12:19:42 pm »

INSTANT DEATH has to be in capitals, by the way.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 12:28:14 pm »

Character Name: Aigas
Humorous Callsign: 'I need Your help'
Cool Sci-Fi Equipment (go nuts): Arm mounted computor (AMC 2010) Body that is made from metal (Has slot for guns at the moment it is a 40mm Grenade luncher), Persona evoker (in Mechanical brain)
Primary Skill: Persona Powers (Summoning mythical creatures from my inner self)
Secondary Skill: Programming
Unskill: Understanding human emotion
Why should the Galactic Senate choose you for this mission: Because I was made for this job.

(If you dont know I am a robot based off agias from Persona 3)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Omnicide RTD: Elevator of Love (1 opening)
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 02:41:33 pm »

I'm pleasantly surprised, we already have 5 players!  There's room for one more, but five should be plenty, so let's get a turn 0 going.

The ceremony was... ceremonial.  The public thinks you're carrying the cube to a nearby black hole, they have no idea how bloody your mission is.  Consequently the speeches were completely without substance: politicians trying to claim credit for the perfect existence you're bringing them.  At least it's over. 

Then again, the five of you are now stuck in a rather small elevator, 5 kilometers above the Pacific Orbital Relay Commuter Hub.  The trip to orbit supposedly takes half an hour, but it always feels longer.  The awkward silence isn't helping - you've received cursory briefings on your companions, but you have yet to properly meet.  Now is probably a good time.

Once you arrive and get situated in Pyrrhus, your first assignment will be to travel a billion years into the future.  Scans indicate that humanity is still around as the universe dies from heat death in roughly 10^100 years.  This means that at some point, humanity breaks out of the endless cycle of war and peace, forming a stable society.  The nature of this society is unknown, we only know that it persists.  In order to carry the cube to a universe without humanity, your team must break this peace.

Post actions in bold, if you would.  Not much to do yet, just have your characters interact.  The view out the window might be nice.  Deadline for this semi-turn is, as usual, midnight EST (8 hours from now).

INSTANT DEATH has to be in capitals, by the way.

Naturally!

(If you dont know I am a robot based off agias from Persona 3)

I haven't played Persona, but I understand the premise.  Will you be "evoking" with that grenade launcher? (;
She/they
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19