Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3331 3332 [3333] 3334 3335 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3687977 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DVI-DUMBASS Edition
« Reply #49980 on: February 04, 2015, 12:33:39 am »

I suppose it could be worse. He could actually be a player in your game and ruining things, or making you maneuver to game without them.

Kinda like one of our player's ex-girlfriends who, nice woman, but she just can't take the hint and now our GM is basically left having to be the asshole on his friend's behalf.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49981 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:11 am »

It's alright, man. We understand. I hope.  :(

Also that gif made me smile, so thank you.
It's fine if you don't. I just need an ear open sometimes.

And maybe I should post more rage gifs so I can brighten other people's days
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #49982 on: February 04, 2015, 04:48:37 am »

the first guy
Kick HIS balls Yeah well gotta hate kids like that. But sadly, assholes will be assholes. My advice would be either:
A) Ignore him and his posturing. When he threatens you, don't pay him any heed, just continue as you were. Or maybe offer him a cold glance. That is, if you are forced to be around him (like in cases when you bumped his chair by accident).
B) Walk away, if you can. Hurts your pride, I know it myself, but sometimes it's for the better.
C) Try to reason with him in a civil way. He threatens you? Tell him you were just trying to be nice. If he really gets to be violent I would even suggest to take a beating, seeing you are on rehab you fighting back might even get you in trouble again, regarding how (un)reasonable your officials are. On the other hand, if it's proven he was the violent one, HE will be in trouble.
D) There's also this "revenge best served cold" thing where you remember/take a photo of his face, get to know where he lives and then one day shank him in his bed send him a shitcake on his birthday. But don't tell anyone I suggested you that. :P Also, take this one with a bit of salt.

Whatever you do - just be chill. Showing your emotions by getting angry or depressed could be a sign for him to continue to be a dick to you.
Well, I'm pretty sure you know all this but hey, we here on Bay12 try to help, even if it's just words.

second guy
Wait, is there no way to ignore the guy who isn't even the part of that D&D campaign? I could be misunderstanding things here, but why let him test your patience if he's not even involved? If he keeps asking inane stuff while ignoring the actual explanation you already posted, why, I'd say he's even intentionally fucking with you. I mean, sounds like a kid just so full of himself (getting laid, trying to be a therapist - I mean, srsly). Though I suggest having one final talk with him, explaining just about everything you've told us here. Maybe it's all just misunderstanding and you can work it all out. If not, block him and be done with it. Not worth your time, man.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49983 on: February 04, 2015, 05:08:25 am »

Kick his ass. Kick the other guy's ass, too.
...Wait, you can't kick asses via the internet yet, can you? Okay, well, just cut him out of your online existence like a tumor, then.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49984 on: February 04, 2015, 07:05:18 am »

Made the foolish decision to try and use the undo function in Blender again. I'm going to go off and get a coffee or something in the mean time.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49985 on: February 04, 2015, 07:59:24 am »

@Highmax: Even just reading about that guy makes me want to tear him to shreds. Good job on the self control keeping yourself from doing so.

Seriously though, people like that just piss me off so much, and I'm normally a fairly calm person. Unfortunately (though fortunately for my sake, and theirs) I'll never retaliate, because I am also logical enough to know that it isn't worth it and that if I do retaliate I am going to take it too far which will ruin my life (and I don't really want to do that.)

For instance, had I been in the situation you were in, this is what I would have wanted to do: Wait for him to look away or get distracted and then shove a pen through his throat (which may or may not work, but pens are fairly sharp, and throats are soft and flimsy. In the right spots, that is.) No 'ifs' or 'buts'. When I have the best chance I'll get, pen through the throat, or eye socket.

Thankfully though, I did promise someone incredibly important to me that I'd never hurt someone else badly unless it was absolutely necessary (that is, they pose an extreme threat to myself or others.) I also promised them that I wouldn't take my own life or hurt myself purposefully, so I know I'm never actually going to do something like that (I probably wouldn't normally, but it's extra insurance). Though, as I mentioned, I still want to.

I've heard that there's some form of OCD that makes you want to kill everyone. It's possible I have it, I'm not sure. While I was at one of my friend's places practicing archery with him, I started considering shooting him and killing him. Of course, I'd never do that, because he's probably one of my best friends and that's a terrible thing to do, but I still 'wanted' to. The best way I can describe the feeling is a sort of curiosity.
It's also possible that the constant melancholy and targetless longing I feel has driven me completely, totally insane (without me realizing), but there's still 'normal' left and the insanity only occasionally slips through.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49986 on: February 04, 2015, 08:54:55 am »

Sounds like my mom's accountant is either a moron or taking her for a ride. Apparently, he can't determine the tax credit she'll receive for declaring me as a dependent, which is something I probably could figure out by reading the tax booklet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49987 on: February 04, 2015, 09:20:14 am »

Solution: Become accountant, swindle all the money
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49988 on: February 04, 2015, 09:31:53 am »

... do you even count as a dependent, Ak? Aren't you feeding yourself, paying rent, etc.?  If she's not actually providing for at least a certain portion of your living expenses*, you kinda' don't count.

You probably could figure it out yourself with a little work, though. The IRS website is open to all, including the applicable tax code, and it's generally not really that hard to parse.

*Though I forget exactly how much. It varies based on the type of dependent, at least on the federal level. Incidentally, if you're over... 23? If my memory's working. You're actually a different sort of dependent than you used to be. It's something like >= 1/3rd in one case, >= 1/2 in the other, iirc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49989 on: February 04, 2015, 01:02:37 pm »

I've heard that there's some form of OCD that makes you want to kill everyone. It's possible I have it, I'm not sure. While I was at one of my friend's places practicing archery with him, I started considering shooting him and killing him. Of course, I'd never do that, because he's probably one of my best friends and that's a terrible thing to do, but I still 'wanted' to. The best way I can describe the feeling is a sort of curiosity.
Nah, man, I don't think that's OCD - I'm pretty sure everybody has these sorts of moments (or I'm fucked up. Whatever). In my experience, and as far as I've heard, feelings of morbid curiosity about things you definitely shouldn't do are rather commonplace.
For me it's usually more like "Oh look, the train's coming. I wonder what would I feel if I leaned forward now..?" than "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die" - type shit. But that happens too. I'm fairly convinced it's rather normal, judging by how often I have seen these feelings described in literature and by my friends.

Look, there's even a Wikipedia article!

Quote from: The article
Many people experience the type of bad or unwanted thoughts that people with more troubling intrusive thoughts have, but most people can dismiss these thoughts.[1] For most people, intrusive thoughts are a "fleeting annoyance."[5] Psychologist Stanley Rachman presented a questionnaire to healthy college students and found that virtually all said they had these thoughts from time to time, including thoughts of sexual violence, sexual punishment, "unnatural" sex acts, painful sexual practices, blasphemous or obscene images, thoughts of harming elderly people or someone close to them, violence against animals or towards children, and impulsive or abusive outbursts or utterances.[6] Such bad thoughts are universal among humans, and have "almost certainly always been a part of the human condition".[7]

Quote from: Christopher Walken, via Reddit
Can I confess something? I tell you this as an artist, I think you'll understand. Sometimes when I'm driving... on the road at night... I see two headlights coming toward me. Fast. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The... flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #49990 on: February 04, 2015, 01:08:46 pm »

And here I have the opposite problem. I have a hard time with English classes because I'm too succinct.

Same here. I can manage a short essay but no matter how relevant or numerous my points may be I always feel like I'm rambling if I write enough, which usually ends up falling just shy of the minimum length. So I end up padding my papers by repeating myself and adding verbosity until I hit the minimum page/word count, and then get called out on it and lose points.

Same here. There's always a long length requirement and not much worth saying about the topic.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49992 on: February 04, 2015, 06:56:52 pm »

The keypad for my garage, the only way for me to get into my house, broke today.
I don't have a phone or key (now rectified).
I was standing outside for 3 1/2 hours waiting for someone to come home to let me in.

I wanted a nice, calming day.

RRRAAAAAGGGEEEEEE!
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

blazing glory

« Reply #49993 on: February 04, 2015, 07:35:38 pm »

The keypad for my garage, the only way for me to get into my house, broke today.
I don't have a phone or key (now rectified).
I was standing outside for 3 1/2 hours waiting for someone to come home to let me in.

I wanted a nice, calming day.

RRRAAAAAGGGEEEEEE!

Why do you enter the house through the garage?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49994 on: February 04, 2015, 07:39:54 pm »

Someone does what any decent person should do. Then tumblr.

Before I clicked the link, I was ready to internet yell at you for starting this sort of argument up again. After... Yeah, I understand now.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 3331 3332 [3333] 3334 3335 ... 3345