Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3256 3257 [3258] 3259 3260 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694602 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Albania burnt down, fell over, and sank into a swamp. They didn't rebuild, and no one cared.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

The usual trend is thus:
1. "IMMA MAKIN A THREAD NAO"
2. "RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH
3. "NO U"
4. BUT WHAT ABOUT ALBANIA?
5. ACN WE GET BACK ON TRACK?!?!?!?
6. NO U.
7. Imma lock this thread cuz its too cuhrazy - Toad Boss

AND REPEAT

Go back and read the first page of this thread if you want some entertainment.

"Threads like these always die" ~what people thought 3400 pages ago.

Not disagreeing with you, unfortunately, but anything is possible.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This thread has survived so long through a strict set of rules and Nenjin's careful moderating.
Also the fact that it's for general Rage- threads based on one argument tend to hit a point where there isn't really much more to say on the same topic and people just go on butting heads endlessly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

See, I take a night off to play AC3 and in my absence....everyone does exactly what I expect, tells people to not talk about it here.

People seemed to have maintained their chill as well, so thanks.

And yes, to reiterate, please do not discuss your frustrations with the forum here in the RAGE Thread. Make your own thread, if you have to, it will become a report magnet if it gets out of hand and that is that. Please don't make the RAGE Thread a report magnet.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:49:40 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Been playing a bit of League of Legends (ranked) lately, and there's really only one thing to say.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Been playing a bit of League of Legends (ranked) lately, and there's really only one thing to say.

inb4 Putnam shows up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Is that with 359 'A's or 360 'A's?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

356, actually.
The circle is complete.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

inb4 Putnam shows up.

uh

what am i going to say

inb4 riot nerfs the letter a because overused character?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Annnnnnd that was actually really clever.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Why do I always get bad jungle Pantheons on my team? It's like I'm cursed with that specifically.
The circle is complete.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I've never seen a jungle Pantheon. I saw a jungle Veigar once, that was fantastic.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile

Today I remembered how difficult it is to get a game in Switzerland.

It is impossible to get a physical copy of a game at a reasonable price. Getting stuff from other countries is expensive because of the ridiculous shipping costs and the stores around here charge very high prices. And because there aren't a lot of people good luck finding an used copy.
My family used to get most games from a media exchange site where you can "sell" things to get points which you can use to "buy" other stuff. It worked very well for many years but price inflation made all the points we got from selling used games worth 10 times less.

At least there's Steam

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

And Pirate Bay

Disregard that, I'm not encouraging anyone to do unlawful things.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Blegh, it seems that every time I go away for an extended period and come back to graduate work in the HPC lab here, something profound gets broken with my user account.  Last time I had half of my software suddenly stop working right, and had to log in as the root user on any PC to get anything done.  This time it's just completely hosed.

This is why regular consumers don't use Linux.  It is just unbelievably maliciously unhelpful if you do anything to it.

Or, even if you don't do anything to it.  In this case, I just tried to log in.  I get this wonderfully unhelpful error message: "Unable to start session."  Great.  How did that happen and why?  I thought it was my password, but no, after resetting it nothing changed.  So, I google it and find some helpful looking commands, which I ran over SSH (which for some reason works...).

Now the fun starts.  I reboot it again and try to log in and... blank desktop.  Hey, that's improvement.  But what do I do now?  Google isn't much help this time, since all of the answers are about reinstalling the desktop manager package, and the problem only exists for my user account.  I don't want to risk trashing everything else when it's almost certainly just my account that's messed up.

So, I figure that maybe this PC has been messed with and I need to reconfigure some other things.  We have a nice document here on how to set up new PCs for the lab, so I go through all of the hilariously verbose Linux commands to set up the NIS server, add DNS configuration, NFS mounts, network interfaces... the list goes on.  I figure that at best nothing will happen and at worst... nothing will happen.  It was set up this way before, after all.

So, I reboot.  Oops, now it hangs during the startup screen complaining that some NFS mounts aren't available.  Reboot into recovery mode.  Spend 1 hour trying to figure out how to remount the / filesystem as read and write so I can fix the NFS mounts (it just hangs if I run any recovery menu option that does this for me).  Find out the NFS mounts are fine.  Spend 1 hour trying to figure out how to get DNS working again.  Okay, got that fixed.  Reboot.  Still hangs while booting.  Reboot into recovery mode.  Go to console.  Manually start up the network interfaces and mount the NFS file systems.  Go back to Unity.  Hey, I can get to the login prompt now.  Log in and... blank desktop.

I've gone through all of the logs I can find anywhere and found that my user account somehow is over its disk quota.  Dropping it to half the quota didn't fix anything.  I tried deleting various profile files and rebooting.  No good.

Oh, and hey, look at that, now I can't log in over SSH or anything because my password is now incorrect (it's not).

And to top it all off, the magical wizards who have encyclopedic knowledge of Linux and how to fix this are nowhere to be seen today.

Great, just wasted another day that could have been put toward my research.

I hate being a grad student.

...I kinda hate working with Linux too.  You almost need a graduate degree in Linux to work with Linux.  It seems that most people online troubleshooting Linux boil it down to taking wild guesses and tossing commands at you that are probably for a different distro 15 versions ago and have nothing to do with what's actually wrong.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 3256 3257 [3258] 3259 3260 ... 3345