Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3254 3255 [3256] 3257 3258 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695047 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

http://imgur.com/a/FXJzd

I know the title's wrong (misandrists as opposed to feminists). This thing gave me rage and mass brain cell suicide.

Are these quotes real?

Edit: But then I scrolled down, and the crazy revealed itself in a new and exciting form.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:45:25 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile

http://imgur.com/a/FXJzd

I know the title's wrong (misandrists as opposed to feminists). This thing gave me rage and mass brain cell suicide.
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
*Sobbing*
This hit me really hard. Not only because it is false, but mostly because it devalues the years upon years of theorizing and testing of researchers (of both genders, I may say) attempting to crack a near-impossible problem, and sums it up as "We can't do turbulence because fluidity is seen as FEMININE."

Why. No. Please. Don't.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile

That quote is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

When I was born I was told that it was into a glorious golden age where men and women stood on equal ground and that there was no difference between them besides in shape anymore. This stood true to me, and I never noticed the differences; I never noticed that there was more females then males or vice versa in any profession, in any classroom, heck the picking of teams in sports "boys vs girls" only ever came up once. It stood true until only two years ago.

Two years ago I started noticing that whatever the hell 'feminism' was, which to me had only been something from a history book, was still alive and people of both genders were discriminating against one another as if they both had the right to consider themselves the superior sex due to the history of men oppressing women. The glorious golden age I was born into was just an illusion, wool over my eyes. I continue to not notice the differences in my day to day life, but it makes me sad that there are people who still think the battle needs fighting.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Those quotes....
oh dear.

why
brace for impact
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

The eternal one. Unblemished, all the bells and whistles. I won't need it if I have an Internet connection literally ten times faster than anything else in this country.
...unblemished how? I mean, even the most putrid soul you'll taste is worth more than one that's pure only through inaction. Also has more practical applications but you're not supposed to talk about that >_>
It seems like you're saying being putrid requires action while purity doesn't, and give many attachments as if some things define the soul. :P
Y'all are silly with your idea of souls.

* Tiruin looks up in her ill state.
...I can see the large gap in [internet] here in the Philippines, when the normal speed is ~20-100 kbp/s. Mine is the 20. Kbp/s. :v
No, not K, k. There's a difference. A large one.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I continue to not notice the differences in my day to day life, but it makes me sad that there are people who still think the battle needs fighting.
Just to point this out before one of the (unmentioned) advocates on the forum do, but there are still a few places that could still use smaller pushes (or long waits for the ripple effect of other places to get them). But yeah, I'd agree that the main "battle" is already over and the more vocal advocates (such as shown in those quotes) are really just eh. :/
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

My SO decided that we should try getting a bunch of foreign candy, because of course that will be great fun.

Who actually eats this? I'm convinced that people from these countries don't actually eat any of this, but just claim they do and then snicker as it's shipped off to America.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Which country in particular? German candy's pretty damn good.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

German, Swiss, and English things win out on my "top foreign desserts" list. Swedish/Norwegian/Norse candies tend to alternate between the "delicious" and "oh god why would I ever eat this" ranges. And the Italians are still all secretly laughing at the fact that through the years they have managed to convince all of their children that various forms of not-really-sweet dried bread counts as "dessert".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Mostly Italian (Do I even need to explain?) and Puerto Rican.

No, I got Swiss candy, too. I'm not complaining about that. *Hordes his Toblerones away.*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Re: Feminism

Ech, there's still a lot to be done on the institutional-scale front, and (for lack of a better term that comes to mind) the what-people-make-euphemisms-up-for front. We've absolutely got to the point where it's usually no longer socially acceptable to be a clearly-intentionally sexist individual in public, outside of certain reactionary groups, but you might notice there's a lot of qualifiers there >______________>

Honestly though, the main thing is to quit assuming your experience is universally representative and trust people to be honest about their own experiences. Then you need to be reasonable about what concessions you make, sure, since obviously there are unreasonable people in the world, but the key is to examine what they're asking you to do, not what they're claiming or why it doesn't apply to you in particular.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

When I was born I was told that it was into a glorious golden age where men and women stood on equal ground and that there was no difference between them besides in shape anymore. This stood true to me, and I never noticed the differences; I never noticed that there was more females then males or vice versa in any profession, in any classroom, heck the picking of teams in sports "boys vs girls" only ever came up once. It stood true until only two years ago.

Two years ago I started noticing that whatever the hell 'feminism' was, which to me had only been something from a history book, was still alive and people of both genders were discriminating against one another as if they both had the right to consider themselves the superior sex due to the history of men oppressing women. The glorious golden age I was born into was just an illusion, wool over my eyes. I continue to not notice the differences in my day to day life, but it makes me sad that there are people who still think the battle needs fighting.
I disagree with you.  Just because you don't notice differences doesn't mean they don't exist.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

If we're criticizing feminism now, my main problem - and it's not simply a strawman (-woman?) but effectively the mainstream - is that feminists constantly say "Sexism affects men, too! Men have tons of totally problems stemming from unfair cultural gender roles! But we're not going to address any of them because women have slightly more! And if you try to, you're an evil em-ar-ay!"
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Actually, never mind.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:22:58 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 3254 3255 [3256] 3257 3258 ... 3345