Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3251 3252 [3253] 3254 3255 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695364 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FahRAGEheit Edition
« Reply #48780 on: January 10, 2015, 01:01:02 am »

Tried to watch In Order of Disappearance, since English subtitles had shown up in my friend's database of subtitles.
It's a really poor transaction that makes little-to-no sense. Damnit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: INSERT INTO `RRRAAAGGGGE` Edition
« Reply #48781 on: January 10, 2015, 01:55:45 am »

I HATE customer service, because I feel so weak and powerless against an endless hoard of Supermen who can use their X-Ray vision to see the faults that I have and are endlessly disappointed.

Well then you'd hate my job. Because when I'm not mangling data, I'm dealing with paying customers who have problems that are usually our fault, and some of them can be complete assholes because they're in a big tough guy business and are hostile to technical details. And ultimately, there's a customer at the other end of this mangled data. I get to find out on Monday how much he'll care about some odds and ends of it that he doesn't have (in our system.) He probably care much. He's been kind of apathetic so far (the other part of customer service I love, people who barely care about what they're paying for.) I've set up the better half of these businesses before, but data conversions are really not my bag so far, I find them very stressful. I came in late today and I still did a 10 hour day, just doing this, between bouts of getting super frustrated. Total amateur hour(s). ><

On the plus side, I truly learned (as opposed to hearing and doing once then basically forgetting) more things about MySQL that I'll remember in one day, than I probably have in the last year or so on the job.

Gah, screw work. It's 1am and I'm still thinking about it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:11:55 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Tried to watch In Order of Disappearance, since English subtitles had shown up in my friend's database of subtitles.
poor transaction
Indeed.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just want to slam my head into something until it bleeds profusely. I hate the holidays. As it is, I can cash the paycheck from before Christmas, that I finally got yesterday, and can pay my rent for December as long as I don't buy food or do laundry for two weeks, possibly risk not having bus fare to get to work, and I'll still be behind for January. Meanwhile, for Christmas, I scraped up something(in hindsight a bad idea) to buy a few gifts for my parents, which were received without so much of a thanks, and I get... dragged off to buy second-hand shit I don't really need, on the way to which my mom asks for December's rent.

Even if all goes well, I'm still going to have problems keeping up with rent until March, assuming my boss doesn't cut hours again due to the minimum wage increase(my wage rate going up in October was probably the reason they were cut last time).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FahRAGEheit Edition
« Reply #48784 on: January 10, 2015, 12:26:34 pm »

Guitar-rage: Just picked up my guitar to play around a bit before I started something else (woo, procrastination!) and I miserably failed at something I'd done much better at before. Rocksmith just condescendingly says, "Keep practicing." First time I've ever seen that. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ugh, yeah, those messages piss me the hell off either way: you run into some insane sweep-at-gorillion-BPM bullshit and it's 'could be better', you completely bungle up a part and only pull through by randomly hitting the strings and they give you a 'you're gonna be a superstar!' at, like, 70% complexity. To go.

I actually suspected that you'd ALWAYS got praise, no matter how poorly you did, until I ran into some harder songs.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

The system my school uses for calendars and information and such is broken. It is always broken.

Why don't we just use Moodle, again? It's by far the best available, and will be for a long time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile

AAAAAAAAAGH
FUCKING PULLED A MUSCLE IN MY BACK
FUCK YOU BODY
FUCK!
YOU!

I'm gonna go back to sobbing in pain...
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

AAAAAAAAAGH
FUCKING PULLED A MUSCLE IN MY BACK
FUCK YOU BODY
FUCK!
YOU!

I'm gonna go back to sobbing in pain...

Not quite as bad, but I have cramps in my EVERYTHING (including my back) today. Stopping exercise for almost a month then resuming is hurt.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

are you giving birth to a babby

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Half of my family called me disgusting. Mainly for snapping at someone who so very offhandedly said that I said disgusting things all the time to a dog. I'm past the 'quiet hurt' stage, and now I'm just mad at them.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

That's awful.

Just don't stab the guy that hurt the dog 74 times.

I may or may not know a person who did that.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

edit: I also apparently misread your post.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

That truly was a good misreading of my post :v
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Gwwwarrrgh, stop janking my loot you unmitigated jackasses! Tactics Ogre, I kinda' love you, but swear to zeus there's few things in video games quite as massively irritating as having loot drop on the battlefield and an enemy AI fond of yoinking it, the bastards. Fuckers'll go out of their way to do it, too -- sometimes you can even freaking bait them into poor positioning by leaving loot on the ground! Isn't trying to kill me enough!?

What the hell is an octopus even going to do with some jackhole ninja's equipment, anyway? They can't even wear equipment!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Sell it for booze money. Duh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

said that I said disgusting things all the time to a dog
So wait, which of you was talking to the dog?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 3251 3252 [3253] 3254 3255 ... 3345