Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3215 3216 [3217] 3218 3219 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702052 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48240 on: December 28, 2014, 06:41:48 pm »

0_o

Uh oh.

Em....can we pretend I posted that in the European Politics thread. Please?

What were you discussing back there?

Rotting capitalist Gayrope, I knew you were fucked up
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:56:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SSB (Super Serious Business) Edt.
« Reply #48241 on: December 28, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »

Breastfeeding. Then men and babies lactating.

'Tis a strange place.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48242 on: December 28, 2014, 06:43:21 pm »

Em....can we pretend I posted that in the European Politics thread. Please?
Oh, we're far too deep for that.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:54:27 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48243 on: December 28, 2014, 06:44:13 pm »

Breastfeeding. Then men and babies lactating.

'Tis a strange place.

...and that is why I'm out of it for a while already.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48244 on: December 28, 2014, 06:45:17 pm »

Some arent grownups.
I'm talking about good Let's Players.
So you are saying my brother is shit? Watch his things first before you say that sorta crap! Hell, I started off making LPs when I was adolescent, And Im not total crap!I hope...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48245 on: December 28, 2014, 06:48:33 pm »

You know, there is a popular proverb in Russian gaming community (to which I don't belong, mind you), it says the following:

Made a letsplay - kill yourself.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:51:21 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48246 on: December 28, 2014, 06:54:51 pm »

I am sick and fucking tired of my fucking mother acting like everyone on the fucking planet is a moron except for her. I'm sick and tired of the way she raised me and my brother, and I'm especially tired of the fact that she made absolutely no effort to fix the person she made my brother into when she had the chance. You don't punish children by making them feel pain and nothing else. Children are not animals. You be firm, and let them know who the fucking boss is, you don't scream at them and put them in a cold shower, spank them or slap them without letting them know what they did, and you don't act like they're just trying to get their own way when they cry. Children cry when they're in pain or sad, you useless fucking half wit.

Do you know what the fuck happens when you raise two children the way you did? They become two sides of a coin. One of them turns into a brat who doesn't understand the way other people feel about his actions, and will do whatever the fuck he can to get what he wants because you never gave him what he needed. The other one turns into a block of ice who either fears or hates 90 percent of the people who he knows, and doesn't understand other people because you never tried to understand him.

You never taught my brother to listen to authority. My father did. That's why the only person on this face of the earth who he listens to is my father, and he listens to him well. But you saw this as yet another opportunity to get us to fear what was wrong instead of doing what was right, and you started using him as a threat whenever we did something wrong. You still do it for my brother. This did not teach him to listen to authority. This taught him to listen to Dad and nobody else, but you did it anyway. You had no reason to fix the mistakes you made when you could just call upon him to fix all the problems.

And here we are. I'm sitting here by myself, finally having realized that me and my brother are exactly the same. I completely understand him, and in turn, I love him. But he won't ever love me, so I'm ranting about my misfortunes to the only real friends I've ever had. Once upon a time, I thought I had friends, but it was just my brother and all of his friends tormenting and bullying me for their own amusement, yet another one of the many things that my mom sat back and idly allowed to happen.

Usually when I just let my feeling pour out like this it just ends horribly or with me making myself look like a dumbass, but I don't give a shit anymore.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48247 on: December 28, 2014, 07:53:26 pm »

* Worldmaster27 hugs IT

I hope you can work through that lack of guidance from your mother.
I want to try to help and give support, but I don't know what to say. :x

"[Caroline]! The internet doesn't work! Come fix it!"

"Mom, that's the sink. Maybe you should use a computer?"

"YOU SELFISH BRAT WHY AREN'T YOU FIXING THIS"

I assume this is the basic scenario of what happens.

More like

"[Caroline], connect the computer to the internet!"
*half an hour of intense searching and work that gave me a headache*
"Mom, that computer model is completely unable to connect over wifi, you'd need to buy a special thingy for that."
*Start watching a Let's Play*
"YOU SELFISH BRAT WHY AREN'T YOU FIXING THIS?! YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR VIDEOGAMES! WHAT IS IT THAT YOU FIND INTERESTING IN WATCHING A GROWN MAN PLAY GAMES?!"

And that is the story of how I got banned from watching Let's Plays.
I didn't know that you could buy things to connect the internet to your kitchen sink! Technology these days, it's amazing! :P

And as for that second part, well, does your mother enjoy watching sports? It's pretty much the same thing (at least in theory...), one's just on a computer.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48248 on: December 28, 2014, 07:54:13 pm »

Tomorrow I am going through the modern first-world variant of the traditional painful rite of passage into adulthood, the wisdom tooth extraction. Words cannot describe my anxiety.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48249 on: December 28, 2014, 08:02:39 pm »

*pats sealy on the back*

Look on the bright side. Words will be able to describe your pain. Wisdom tooth recovery doesn't quite reach the indescribable pain threshold, so... it could be worse!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48250 on: December 28, 2014, 08:24:10 pm »

Tomorrow I am going through the modern first-world variant of the traditional painful rite of passage into adulthood, the wisdom tooth extraction. Words cannot describe my anxiety.
Take it from someone who's been through it twice and has a low pain threshold: If your dentist is at all competent, it really won't hurt all that much. The only thing that actually hurts is the big fuckoff needle they use for anesthetic. Plus, if you're having anxiety during the surgery, that's what the nitrous oxide is for. Just don't try to drive yourself home afterward.

(In fact, I don't think the dentist is allowed to give you nitrous if you're driving home afterward.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #48251 on: December 28, 2014, 08:36:44 pm »

I was knocked out by gas for my wisdom teeth removal and have zero recollection of anything between the time they put the mask on and coming to after the procedure.  Also very little soreness later.  I ate buffalo wings that night with no problem, and was completely normal at work the next day.

So some people get horror stories and for others it's no big deal.  I wouldn't worry too much.  Chances are it won't be too bad.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48252 on: December 28, 2014, 08:45:22 pm »

It has everything to do with your mouth in particular. Some people have more wisdom teeth that need to come out, some fewer. Some have relatively simple roots to the teeth, some have insane wicked spirals. Some people heal relatively fast. Some stays sore and bleed for a couple days. Some dentists are professionals. Others are butchers who do their trade in your mouth.

You don't really know until you're actually in the chair and they're talking to you. I'd recommend the gas. I passed on it for my wisdom teeth and did epic amounts of Novocain instead and it was not pleasant.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #48253 on: December 28, 2014, 08:52:30 pm »

My wisdom teeth are actually really well-behaved. It hurts when they're coming through the gum, but otherwise nothing bad has occurred.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48254 on: December 28, 2014, 09:01:00 pm »

... just remember to get them checked occasionally. I didn't have any problems myself until shortly before getting them removed, but it turned out by that point they had all badly decayed and should have been taken out something like 3-4 years earlier. Was definitely a bit of a "whoops."
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3215 3216 [3217] 3218 3219 ... 3345