Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3185 3186 [3187] 3188 3189 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692925 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Higher Rage-u-maction Edition
« Reply #47790 on: December 18, 2014, 12:01:43 am »

1. If "The Interview" was really pulled because of NK threats, then someone needs to create the "Things that made me ashamed" thread. If that is just a thin veil to disguise why they are really pulling the movie (maybe they could turn a bigger profit by writing the whole thing off?), then it basically accomplishes the same end on the international stage, and whoever decided to do it needs to be fornicated with a hot fireplace poker. Publically.

2. Though I have not seen the 3rd Hobbit movie, the second one was so stupid, that it would be rather difficult to disappoint me further. I liked the padding in the first one, but they obviously didn't have enough material for 3 movies. Maybe if they designed it around 3 movies from the get-go, it could have worked, but they changed horses halfway through making the second one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Higher Rage-u-maction Edition
« Reply #47791 on: December 18, 2014, 12:04:44 am »

And the amazing cognitive taste of realizing that this being what brings out calls of cowardice when we've been more or less actively violating our constitutional rights because of effectively the same sort of threat just hit me. Apparently the dander only gets up when you interfere with american media. Drag the 4th out behind the barn and riddle it with bullets? Eh. Shove a collective glove up the sphincters of thousands? Nothing. Cancel a movie? RAGEMODE ACTIVATED. Amazing.

There's something somehow beautiful about this. Something like a decade of nation wide paranoia and hilariously excessive levels of civil right eroding cowardice and the media equivalent of evacuating a school because of a bomb threat is what sets folks off. I think I need a nap to be able to better comprehend this.

Though on the bright side, maybe we're actually starting to pull our heads out of our collective hindquarters regarding that whole liberty vs. safety thing. That would be kinda' great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47792 on: December 18, 2014, 12:06:25 am »

I don't even know any more, I and everyone I know has been laughing for the past four or five hours. Life has reached a new level of self-parody.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #47793 on: December 18, 2014, 12:08:38 am »

Though on the bright side, maybe we're actually starting to pull our heads out of our collective hindquarters regarding that whole liberty vs. safety thing. That would be kinda' great.
Indeed. Liberty is a dangerous thing in the hands of the masses.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #47794 on: December 18, 2014, 12:10:11 am »

In the end, it's not that big of a loss to humanity. I mean...it's a ROGEN FRANCO movie which many that saw it agreed that it was unamusing trash
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47795 on: December 18, 2014, 12:10:16 am »

1. If "The Interview" was really pulled because of NK threats, then someone needs to create the "Things that made me ashamed" thread. If that is just a thin veil to disguise why they are really pulling the movie (maybe they could turn a bigger profit by writing the whole thing off?), then it basically accomplishes the same end on the international stage, and whoever decided to do it needs to be fornicated with a hot fireplace poker. Publically.

Yes it was due to potentially empty threats, but really, if they're threatening to do shit like that, we should respond by cancelling all aid to them.

I mean, really, the threat sounded like something a supervillian would do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47796 on: December 18, 2014, 12:55:11 am »

NK basically is a supervillain from an animated children's comedy movie. And the whole scenario has reached the point where somebody stands up and yell "who will save us from this awful fate!?" and is answered by the superhero giving a dramatic pep talk. Then falling down the stairs.

This whole "how dare you say something mean you horrible unethical person you! I swer on me mum I'll rip your nuts off you wanker" attitude is getting really, really old. Its like the world gets less and less mature every day.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47797 on: December 18, 2014, 02:41:59 am »

"I'm recording something, please go away before this becomes unsalvageable" does not mean "keep talking and making noise". Bloody hell.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47798 on: December 18, 2014, 02:59:39 am »

I had never even heard of this Interview movie until an hour or so ago, and now everyone's knickers are in a twist over something North Korea did or said. It's actually a little funny.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #47799 on: December 18, 2014, 03:05:21 am »

I've seen some TV ads.

Looks like typical over the top action sequence excuse plot fodder to me. Where the protagonist(s) were just going to be cannon fodder but wind up unlikely heroes, blah blah someone the movie editors think of as evil dies.

Same old action movies, I much prefer fantasy for a reason. Nobody ever threatens to blow up a theater where Legend of Korra is playing.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #47800 on: December 18, 2014, 03:15:09 am »

I'm not sure why everyone's so scared of North Korea. I'm also not sure why nobody has done anything about it.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #47801 on: December 18, 2014, 03:19:20 am »

Because China finds them amusing as we might find a mentally retarded merman amusing, and doing something against them might piss off China, which since they have 'Murica's nuts in their pocket, they can't afford to do.
That's what it was last time I checked anyway.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #47802 on: December 18, 2014, 03:28:07 am »

I'm not sure why everyone's so scared of North Korea. I'm also not sure why nobody has done anything about it.

It's the nebulous thought of crazy people and bombs
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #47803 on: December 18, 2014, 03:28:38 am »

Dammit, Murica. I knew it was their fault.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47804 on: December 18, 2014, 03:32:00 am »

People keep saying that SF4 had all these ridiculous rereleases

it had 1

it had exactly 1 rerelease

every single other edition was $15 DLC that added at least 4 characters
Pages: 1 ... 3185 3186 [3187] 3188 3189 ... 3345