Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3183 3184 [3185] 3186 3187 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693405 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Higher Rage-u-maction Edition
« Reply #47760 on: December 17, 2014, 02:41:23 pm »

Ah, insanity. Gotcha'.

Someone should probably tell them overt pressure tends to be more likely to cause a negative effect on grades than a positive, ha. Few things help grades as much as being chill about 'em.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Higher Rage-u-maction Edition
« Reply #47761 on: December 17, 2014, 02:48:42 pm »

Not too chill, though. I know a guy who has a future I worry about, because I have seen him just giving up during exams and I know he doesn't care about assignments. Getting ahead in life, he is not.

But yeah low nineties are increasingly amazing as you get through school. Pressure is unlikely to help you, since I imagine you put yourself under a fair bit of pressure (guesswork intensifies). My parents always tell me they don't care about anything other than a passing grade, and I get much better than that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #47762 on: December 17, 2014, 03:09:02 pm »

My parents gave me £50:00 per A, £80:00 per A* at GCSE. I mean, I didn't take it, but they did offer. They thought I needed more carrot, less stick :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #47763 on: December 17, 2014, 03:14:09 pm »

My parents tried so once too.

I didn't even realize it was meant as an incentive for me to study. I just thought "well if I ever happen to get a good grade I get some free money I guess".

Highschool-me was an idiot.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:28:49 pm by Dutchling »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #47764 on: December 17, 2014, 03:16:36 pm »

Yea, that's how I was thinking of it too.

I was gonna take it until I realised they were offering me hundreds of pounds probably better spent elsewhere.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47765 on: December 17, 2014, 03:26:14 pm »

GLEEP GLOP fucking Windows ODBC. Wasted several hours of someone's valuable time today because I forgot to fuck with that particular part of the installation. *sigh*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #47766 on: December 17, 2014, 06:15:36 pm »

Home of the brave my fucking ass.
Major movie chains are pulling 'The Interview' after sony was hacked and some illiterate shit threatened '9/11' in broken english.
This shameful display of cowardice is a fucking disgrace.
And here I was rounding people up to go see that fucking movie, first time in years.
I wasn't even particularly interested in the movie, just wanted to give the North Koreans and their 'threat' a big middle finger.
Fuck these goddamn movie chains. Chickenshit assholes.
I'm salty as hell.

Meanwhile the NK shitters are laughing their asses off at our loss of face.
Did I say NK? I meant the rest of the world.
Goddamnit, I'm not sure if I'm sad, amused, or outraged.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:18:23 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #47767 on: December 17, 2014, 06:21:02 pm »

Here, this looks about right.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #47768 on: December 17, 2014, 06:28:06 pm »

lolwat

That's hilarious.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #47769 on: December 17, 2014, 06:58:09 pm »

Here, this looks about right.
Okay.

That's pretty funny.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47770 on: December 17, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »

This is so goddamn ridiculous...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47771 on: December 17, 2014, 07:33:07 pm »

Obviously the hackers are fake, all this shit is staged by Sony. They made a horribly shitty movie, so they needed a reason to dump it without losing face. I mean seriously there is nobody on this planet with both a motive and the ability to stop them from showing the movie (except of course Sony themselves). I predict that this will horribly backfire the instant Sony tries to publish another movie, because then actual hackers will do exactly what was claimed to have happened this time, just to be able to call them out, and they'll have no way out of that situation: If they publish the movie, they'll prove that the previous threat was staged, thereby losing so much face; and if they don't, they'll lose tons of money.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:34:38 pm by MagmaMcFry »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47772 on: December 17, 2014, 07:38:27 pm »

One. Calm.
Two. There are most definitely people with motives and abilities. They killed Kim Jong-Un in a hilariously gory way.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47773 on: December 17, 2014, 07:47:00 pm »

I was kind of looking forward to that movie, or at least I had hope that it would turn out decent.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47774 on: December 17, 2014, 07:55:05 pm »

Yeah, I woulda seen it. Really though, what's North Korea gonna do? Rattle their sabres like they always do, then kind of quiet down for a little while, then get pissed about something else, rattle their sabres...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 3183 3184 [3185] 3186 3187 ... 3345