Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3156 3157 [3158] 3159 3160 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701650 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Final Descanation Edition
« Reply #47355 on: December 08, 2014, 07:05:06 pm »

I think it'd be even less sensible to judge the moral standards of the whole world, ya know? I mean, go back 1000 years and consider how savage and unpredictable life was for pretty much everyone. If it bottomed out anywhere, I'd think it would be in the absence of the rule of law. Or maybe the same moral turpitude exists now as then, it just contorts itself to fit within the current laws and morality of the day.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47356 on: December 08, 2014, 07:16:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that the same kind of attituted toward "moral degradation" were said in Ancient Egypt about 4000 years ago.

Which makes it obvious that it doesn't actually happen. The morals can go down for a while, but then they always go up, even if not in the same exact areas. Stop extrapolating from limited space and time into infinity.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47357 on: December 08, 2014, 07:25:16 pm »

All I can say is I've read enough victorian erotica, and heard enough old drinking songs, to know well enough that any complaints about moral degradation are hilariously spurious.

That we know via genetics and whatnot (what portion of Europe and the states are related to royalty, again?) that folks have been getting around for bloody ever is just another hammer in the coffin, to say nothing about what we can infer in regards to how people treat each other (beatings damned common in the past, thievery and whatnot apparently little different, etc., so forth, so on.).

Most of that silliness of 'better back in my day' is overt -- and sometimes intentional -- self-delusion, of the always common rose-tinted goggle variety. I've often found that when you actually talk to people of that nature and tease out stories, you find a lot of truths that tell a helluva different story -- casual infidelity, violence, thievery, etc., so forth, so on. Things may or may not be getting better, but they're pretty certainly not getting worse. More visible, pretty much definitely, but not terribly different.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47358 on: December 08, 2014, 07:50:16 pm »

Mom's boyfriend being a dick at the dinner table. Refused to eat because "it looks like shit". And smells like it. And that my mom can't cook. And lots of other insults leveled at the food. He was also screaming at the T.V., and even going as far as trying to have an argument with it.

I farted at the dinner table. This set him off. He's been calling me asswipe because of it all night. He screamed that the only one allowed to fart is him, because he is "the only one in the world whose shit don't stink". He seriously thinks that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47359 on: December 08, 2014, 08:02:35 pm »

Wait, he really said that? It'd almost be funny if it weren't so rage inducing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47360 on: December 08, 2014, 08:11:48 pm »

When ARE you moving?

Also, was everybody that was going to help you guys out this past weekend actually sick? That sounded a little suspicious.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47361 on: December 08, 2014, 08:35:58 pm »

I should own a Mini-van by the end of the week. I can start abducting rescuing picking up forum goers after that. Though I'll need some muscle for some pickkups, I'm a tad scrawny and not very intimidating.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47362 on: December 08, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »

We were supposed to move last weekend. I spent several hours at the place yesterday, but all we accomplished was getting a dining set assembled. It took us five hours. Which reminds me, the damn things were not made very well. Hell, the holes for screws to attach different parts weren't even the correct distance at times. Wouldn't line up at all, so we couldn't put in all of the screws/bolts.

We'll be moving this weekend. Hopefully.

And yes, he thinks his shit doesn't smell bad. He claims it smells pleasant. Likened it to roses one time, and said that people should be happy to smell his farts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #47363 on: December 08, 2014, 08:53:28 pm »

Fucking mosquitoes. No, really. About mid-november enormous quantities of the bastards started showing up all over town, and here too. You'd move an object and five would fly out from behind it. Fortunately none of the are the disease carrying kind. These last days they vanished but today? Today they are back. There were three with me in this tiny room. I managed to smash one and accidentally step on another. The third still taunts me. Mosquito apocalypse has come to town and it is terrible.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47364 on: December 08, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »

Fucking mosquitoes. No, really. About mid-november enormous quantities of the bastards started showing up all over town, and here too. You'd move an object and five would fly out from behind it. Fortunately none of the are the disease carrying kind. These last days they vanished but today? Today they are back. There were three with me in this tiny room. I managed to smash one and accidentally step on another. The third still taunts me. Mosquito apocalypse has come to town and it is terrible.
The joys of Canada. Sure, we have a hell of a lot of mosquitos in the summer, but then we freeze them all to death. Yet still the come back.... From what I can tell mosquito activity is largley dictated by weather. If there was a change of weather the last few days, that's probably wehre they went.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #47365 on: December 08, 2014, 09:10:38 pm »

My mom refuses to buy me a new coat, even after my little brother figured out it is no warmer than a light spring jacket due to a lack of anything inside of it...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #47366 on: December 08, 2014, 10:56:45 pm »

Show your mom 4chan, that'll clear internet safety right up.

Pro-tip, don't actually do that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47367 on: December 08, 2014, 11:01:04 pm »

Better not show her B12 either. Then she'll think that everyone on the internet is a vibrating floating Australian whateverfooditemisinYoinksavatar that is going to stalk you and then "buy you a beer".
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

blazing glory

Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: HI MOM! Edition
« Reply #47368 on: December 08, 2014, 11:04:13 pm »

a psycopath, an insane person
Sounds like your mom.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: HI MOM! Edition
« Reply #47369 on: December 08, 2014, 11:07:59 pm »

He's a hashbrown patty. They're delicious with ketchup.

FUCKING HELL I LOVE HOW BUSY IT IS AT WORK. I don't have it near as bad as all you other workers.

But I was told to stay late tonight to get everything done. I'm working diligently, just taking a small break.

Because I was supposed to leave an hour and a half ago.

And I'm estimating another hour's worth of time.
Pages: 1 ... 3156 3157 [3158] 3159 3160 ... 3345