Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3150 3151 [3152] 3153 3154 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701721 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Descansion Edition
« Reply #47265 on: December 06, 2014, 12:28:33 am »

It's family "sing even though you only know the last few words of the chorus" night. Somebody please send help. Or shoot me. Actually the line between those is pretty fuzzy at this point.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47266 on: December 06, 2014, 12:40:54 am »

"Let's do the Tiime Warp Again!"

I'm guessing it's not that song...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47267 on: December 06, 2014, 12:46:40 am »

No, it's not even fun songs where it really doesn't matter if you're good or not. It's slow country/folk songs and fucking Hallelujah of all things.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #47268 on: December 06, 2014, 01:01:18 am »

Flabort cancels brew drink from bean: Stark Raving Mad!
Flabort cancels insane: Stricken by Melancholy.

So... my boss quit yesterday. Again. I doubt they'll be able to talk her back here a sixth time. Yeah, it's the sixth time the same person has quit the same job.

That's not why I'm mad or sad.

1) One of my co-workers will not learn. Everything we teach her goes in one ear and out the other. Like a cross between... uh... Gloria from Modern Family and Sue from The Middle, to pick two modern TV shows. I want to give a coffee promise (a coupon that means "we're sorry we messed up your order, have a free one on us") for every single thing she serves. Also, her voice is very grating, like... well, the same two characters.
2) The evening supervisor has a temper problem; he doesn't realize that he's angry, and he's only vocal, but when he's stressed he shows it easily, and it comes out as frustration and anger. He's usually jovial and such, but he does scare everyone when he's upset. Also, he scares everyone when he sneezes, but that's irrelevant.
3) My boss's boss has this half-quebecfrench-half-middleeast accent that is so thick that I can't understand most of what he's saying. He has basically the same penny pinching policies as his predecessor, and the guy before him too... I'm so tired of throwing out perfectly good baked goods, because of some bogus story of somebody suing a company for getting sick because of a sandwich that he pulled out of the garbage, and the (probably fictional) dumpster diver with food-poisoning won because the food passed through the kitchen. The story doesn't even make sense, because the food was thrown out; if it was thrown out, then it makes no difference if we're throwing our food out or giving it to charity, because we can be sued either way. Also, he's only around when there's a major problem, and comes up with ideas to 'fix' the problem by changing something completely irrelevant, which always makes things WORSE, so I always get this feeling of dread whenever I see him.
4) Our free lunch just got more restricted. We used to get $10 food PLUS a drink, like fruit juice or chocolate milk. Now the drink has to fit within the $10. Half the menu was over $8.50, and the drink is $2.50; see where this is going? Yeah, there's far less variety available to staff for lunch now, AND the healthier options were the more expensive. Also, we are forbidden from the daily specials, even if we can afford them now. This is disrespectful.
5) We still don't have the full menu available at my kiosk; I am so very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very sick and tired of telling customers that we don't have item X because we're too small a kiosk, try this other place nearby because they have it, or we don't have item Y because the machine we need to keep that cold or make it at all has been in the repair shop for a week. Also, if we only HAD the lunch menu items that being a Tim Hortons implies, then problem #4 wouldn't be a problem, because Tim Horton's food is relatively cheap and healthy compared to anything else available to us.
6) AAAAAAARG. MY BACK. 'Z' SHAPE. TALLEST STAFF MEMBER, HEAVY ITEMS ON TOP SHELF. NOT TIMS POLICY, HEAVY ITEMS SUPPOSED TO BE BELOW, CHARTWELLS FAULT THEY'RE UP.
7) One staff member either A) has had so many bad boyfriends and stalkers that she needs to be put into WITNESS PROTECTION and pulled out of work, or B) is a compulsive liar, and either way I'm getting very worried about her mental state.
8 ) My shift is so very long. I want a shorter shift, or maybe to alternate days, but we can't even hire enough staff to do either. We're even sending out offers to the "Work Wanted" portion of kijiji, meaning "I'm so undesirable that I can't get a job, will SOMEBODY hire me?" people are the kinds of people we've been hiring most recently. I'm told this is a very bad sign for a company, if they can't attract people instead of going out looking for people.
9) I hate fridays, because of the short days; we close earlier, meaning I'm still there when we have to close, which makes my shift almost an hour LONGER. People tell me "TGIF", and I desperately want to give them the Finger. But I can't, because I have conditioned myself to never swear unless it's a life-threatening emergency, and was raised on the believe that the Finger is a swear. I am incapable of raising the Finger to anyone because it would break my brain to do so. Which leads me to...
10) I have no way to vent about any of this, because I can't report any of it, because it's not violence, food-safety, health-and-safety, harassment, or ANY of those kinds of things that you can report to a boss, and I can't get in to see a doctor because I'm always working! The things I can report, and ALREADY HAVE:
11) The morning supervisor harasses all the customers. Many of the regulars laugh, but I'm positive it's scarring off any potential new customers.
12) I found a crushed moth in the lettuce that I was about to serve. Whoever prepared the lettuce and gave it to me to put on sandwiches was not at all careful.
13) OK, I guess #6 I actually can report, since if somebody is unable to do heavy lifting anymore they're supposed to report it, but I just don't have the time to go to the office and report it, because I'm always swamped with work to do. And when I do have time, it's after hours and the people who I could report it to actually leave work several hours before it could be considered "after hours". YEAH! EARLY. EVERY DAY. BECAUSE MANAGEMENT IS F***ING CORRUPT.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47269 on: December 06, 2014, 01:14:30 am »

Did you say job? That dosent require doing a test worse than a SAT to even be considered?

What city?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:37:58 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47270 on: December 06, 2014, 01:34:26 am »

"Let's do the Tiime Warp Again!"

I'm guessing it's not that song...
i love you
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #47272 on: December 06, 2014, 04:29:02 am »

It's family "sing even though you only know the last few words of the chorus" night. Somebody please send help. Or shoot me. Actually the line between those is pretty fuzzy at this point.
Here, follow this simple instructions and you'll be fine.

-snip-
You know, being unemployed, I might sometimes say something along the lines of "Hey, at least you HAVE a job", but this... welp, this is just bonkers. I feel for you.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #47273 on: December 06, 2014, 08:04:09 am »

Loadshedding stage 3b, the highest level available. That means that powercan and will go out at random times for unknown durations.

Sigh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47274 on: December 06, 2014, 09:25:08 am »

Dang it, flabort, stop being so similar to me :'(

1] I have a coworker just like this, only the thing he won't understand is that staring blankly into space isn't part of his job when there are 14 orders to be made. (Also I actually know those shows, as little as I watch tv.)
2] I have a manager just like this. Only less "anger" and more "driving everybody up the wall because they won't let anyone simply do their job"
3] My boss' boss doesn't have a terrible accent, but he's definitly a major shitlord when it comes to "fixing" things. And I have the same sentiment on throwing things out.
4] Our free lunch just got more restriced as well, in pretty much the exact same way. (Only ours was 8 dollars, not 10, because Hardee's food is cheaper than Tim Hortons.)
5] People come in asking for the red burrito stuff and taco salads all the time, even though we don't have it. Not as severe as your issue, though.
6] Same issue with being the only one who carries junk. Only my spine is narrow, not jagged.
I would go on with the other things, but I'm tired.
But it does continue down pretty much the whole line.
*Pats flabort*

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #47275 on: December 06, 2014, 11:57:46 am »

The new Skype text chat interface has everything very padded out. It takes up lots of room and I can't find any customisation options for it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #47276 on: December 06, 2014, 12:00:24 pm »

*shudders*

The new Skype is not nice. I instantly changed mine back to the old version when it auto-updated me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47277 on: December 06, 2014, 12:11:19 pm »

Dang it, flabort, stop being so similar to me :'(

Mine is rather similar. Not quite as severe, but similar.

Anyway, my stepdad expected me to stay home until around 3-4 to go with my mother to the library to help her get on Obamacare. Despite having about 2-3 months to do so, she hasn't done so, and tomorrow is the last day for it. The problem with that is that the library closes at 5, it's getting dark around 3, and I have other stuff to do that I really want done today - particularly mailing out copies of my check stubs to DSS for my food stamps, which they want by next Friday and earlier is better - as well as basic food shopping for the week.

Food shopping needs to be done because my stepdad also threw out almost everything that was in the fridge for some reason. And now he's also starting to use a new gas camping stove. Indoors. And despite the paper tag hanging next to one of the burners that says "CARBON MONOXIDE RISK. DO NOT USE INDOORS. DUMBASS.". And unlike the old one(I wonder what happened to that?), this one doesn't have a sparker, so you need to stick a lit match into the gas flow to get it started.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #47278 on: December 06, 2014, 01:03:54 pm »

I've never had any problems with using a gas stove inside, and I do so frequently (more frequently, as of late). The match thing is not normally a risk, but given the level of intelligence I remember from your stepdad...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47279 on: December 06, 2014, 01:10:59 pm »

*shudders*

The new Skype is not nice. I instantly changed mine back to the old version when it auto-updated me.
That's why you always turn off auto-updates on every program you own.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 3150 3151 [3152] 3153 3154 ... 3345