Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3147 3148 [3149] 3150 3151 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702012 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Descension Edition
« Reply #47220 on: December 05, 2014, 07:34:45 am »

I can't figure out how many calories this cake I just ate is >. <
Spoiler: Rule of thumb (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47221 on: December 05, 2014, 07:36:19 am »

I ballparked it at 280 calories :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47222 on: December 05, 2014, 07:37:10 am »

I ballparked it at 280 calories :P

That's pretty low, actually. A snack bar's usually in that range.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47223 on: December 05, 2014, 08:21:45 am »

I didn't get nearly as drunk as I should have to(last)night.
Fuck it, tomorrow I'm gonna take $100 out of my savings and get skunk as a drunk. (at least three gigs I'm going to in one day, I'll probably need a liver transplant by the end of it! :D)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #47224 on: December 05, 2014, 08:22:18 am »

Remember, calories you eat while walking places don't count since you're exercising them off immediately anyway. Right? >______>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47225 on: December 05, 2014, 08:23:56 am »

Totally. Same reason I mosh whilst drinking. ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #47226 on: December 05, 2014, 08:27:25 am »

Okay, okay, my Rage is petty, but you know what? I'm still pissed off, for some reason I can't remember, I threw out my little insert for ME2 which had the activation codes for the Cerberus network, so now I can't get on there, no biggie, they are now free for purchase, so that's fine, right? Except the playstation store refuses to load, just 'Undergoing matenence' every time I try to log in.

Please game, please.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47227 on: December 05, 2014, 08:29:08 am »

Remember, calories you eat while walking places don't count since you're exercising them off immediately anyway. Right? >______>

Only if you can manage to walk at around 10 kph presuming flat ground, less if upwards.

Sorta depressing thing about running in the gym, when after twenty-five gruelling minutes of pedalling you find you only barely burned off the sports drink.

Speaking of which, I've decided that apparently either the stupid amount of vitamins they put into those (seriously, a single 0.75l bottle is more than 100% GDA) or the awful sweeteners in low-calorie sports drinks make me nauseous. Fuck that shit, still water's where it's at from now on. Cheaper, too.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47228 on: December 05, 2014, 08:32:57 am »

From what I've heard, sports drinks (gatorade, powerade etc.) are generally very unhealthy if you're doing anything less than running a marathon.
Water is pretty rad.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47229 on: December 05, 2014, 08:56:51 am »

... though yeah, if it's actually a vitamin stuffed one, it is possible you're effectively overdosing. I was having a similar issue (roughly the same symptoms, fairly terrible but transient nausea shortly after ingestion) with multivitamins until I figured out exactly what was causing it (apparently copper, in this case) and cut back on intake a bit. Unfortunately, your other best bet for avoiding that kind of thing is to take (drink, in this case) it with food.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47230 on: December 05, 2014, 08:59:29 am »

Once again, the New York Post has proven itself a sensationalist rag not fit to wipe my asshole with, and that the label on a bag of potato chips has more journalistic integrity than they do. While other newspapers question the grand jury in the Eric Garner case's fairness(and probably are right to), the Post seems to be dedicating five pages of itself to call Mayor De Blasio a racist who endangers the entire city because he apparently said that he's teaching his son(who is bi-racial) to be wary of the police.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47231 on: December 05, 2014, 09:29:16 am »

I don't even know how to formulate my thoughts right now, even after calming down from last night.
I don't even know how to explain the situation that caused me to be this angry.
*breaths out calmly*
So last night, we were supposed to go over to my mother-in-law's place to eat dinner.
However, we had just eaten, so I wasn't hungry at all, and I didn't want to go there.
So we're sitting in the car, in the driveway of her mother's place, and I am trying to explain that I really don't want to be there, that I really just want to be alone.
She gets on me for it, saying that I should have said that earlier, so we wouldn't have gone.
I try pointing out that she wanted to be there, but I didn't, so if we never went at all, that would be the same problem as this, only I still wouldn't be alone, since she'd still be with me, just at home with even fewer things to do.
This continues, with me trying to explain that I want to be alone, while she keeps suggesting that either we both go in to her mother's, or we both go home, which is completely ignoring what I'm trying to say.
I suggest that she go in, without me, and I go home and rest. We both would have a phone, she can call me when she's done. It is perfectly freaking normal for people to do things apart from each other. The councilor even stated that she needs to stop acting like she's attached to me, and realize she can do things without me.
Well, she doesn't like that idea, and calls me totally unreliable, and how horrible I am to change things at the last minute.
I told her that even if I had stated it earlier, it still wouldn't be helping me at all, for reasons I just explained.
More arguing. Eventually, I tell her to go in on her own. The reason? She is not ok with me driving home and coming back later. She is ok with me sitting in the car in the cold, by myself, accomplishing the exact same thing as going home, only with not being able to lay down and rest.

It only got worse when we got back home.
Because now she's trying to make a "compromise" by having us go over there less.
Which isn't a compromise at all because as I had pointed out three fucking times earlier, I'm still not getting any time to myself because now we're still at home, where I can't even relax in the living room because every 5 minutes, she calls me in there to argue with me about whatever the fuck it is she's upset about, which would probably be about us always being at home if I had agreed to that.
If she wants to go over to her mother's, she has to drag me along. If I don't want to go, she has to stay at home with me. She refuses to attempt to do anything on her own, and she's acting like this suggestion is coming to an "agreement", when it's ignoring every single god damn thing that I have said. I am so tired of being ignored, and treated like I'm the bad guy when I just want to be alone.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47232 on: December 05, 2014, 09:35:06 am »

Can't you just put your foot down and say 'no'?

I wonder if getting her some psychological help? Then again, that really only works in the US if they agree on it.

Maybe you can tell the counselor all this the next time?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #47233 on: December 05, 2014, 09:37:39 am »

I...
I understand she has that insane in the membrane thing, but wow.
There's a line where it goes from passive ignorance to actual active attempts to ignore explanations.
Sorry buddy, I really wouldn't know how to respond any more than you do in that situation.
Can't you just put your foot down and say 'no'?

I wonder if getting her some psychological help? Then again, that really only works in the US if they agree on it.

Maybe you can tell the counselor all this the next time?
I think that's the problem, Mastha is doing that, it's just that his...Wife seems to be refusing to acknowledge they can be separated.

And like he said, the councilor even stated that fact, so they must have talked about it before.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47234 on: December 05, 2014, 09:43:28 am »

I think that's the problem, Mastha is doing that, it's just that his...Wife seems to be refusing to acknowledge they can be separated.

And like he said, the councilor even stated that fact, so they must have talked about it before.
This is actually what seems to be a deeper problem. Not speaking more about it in thread because it was a private matter disclosed personally ._.
But yeah. There are...issues in the way in between. The best for MC is another voice with experience that they can both see O:
Like his counselor...err, with a second opinion...
Pages: 1 ... 3147 3148 [3149] 3150 3151 ... 3345