Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3144 3145 [3146] 3147 3148 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701693 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Descension Edition
« Reply #47175 on: December 04, 2014, 08:01:52 am »

Dwarf Fortress. Locating that spot...
I found this odd form of terrain in the elevation overview, 4x5 with 5s with around it flat. Interested I though, eh what harm is a look, I will just savescum out after looking...
It was a Lake. I beautiful lake, I wanted it, but my people were not even set up for it. They were useless. I Savescum out. NOW I CAN'T FIND IT T_T
you could have just abandoned your fort and reclaim later...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47176 on: December 04, 2014, 08:51:18 am »

Dwarf Fortress. Locating that spot...
I found this odd form of terrain in the elevation overview, 4x5 with 5s with around it flat. Interested I though, eh what harm is a look, I will just savescum out after looking...
It was a Lake. I beautiful lake, I wanted it, but my people were not even set up for it. They were useless. I Savescum out. NOW I CAN'T FIND IT T_T
you could have just abandoned your fort and reclaim later...
Don't like leaving shit behind...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47177 on: December 04, 2014, 09:04:31 am »

I just don't even know what to say right now. I'm not sure if I can provide any advice Caroline except just that it's important to remember that not everyone is like that, and a lot of people don't condone that behaviour. As a parent, the mere thought of that kind of crap sickens me. Normally I'd make a joke or two to lighten a serious atmosphere, but I can't even bring myself to...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47178 on: December 04, 2014, 09:26:14 am »

As a parent, if I found out that one of my kid's friends got treated like that, I'd probably murder the offending parent and the body would wind up under a bog.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #47179 on: December 04, 2014, 09:41:58 am »

I'm...
Ughhh, I don't even know why I'm posting this, I'm just a stranger on the internet, but, one thing to note, for me, on my iPad, even if I delete my search history, I still stay logged In next time I go to this forum.
Do know that I care about your situation, however, and you can make it, waiting is the only thing you don't need to work on for it to come about, just keep on soldering on, and you'll get there.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47180 on: December 04, 2014, 09:50:15 am »

That's because logins are stored as cookies.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47181 on: December 04, 2014, 10:15:13 am »

-snip-
Carolines mom beating up his sister
-snip-
What should I do, Bay12?

GEEZE! O.O Obviously the secret account was a bad thing that she wasn't supposed to do, but yeah, if you lived in the US, I'm sure you could easily get your mom arrested for child abuse.

And sorry for simplifying it like that in the quote.

@timferius: It sickens me too.

As for what to do, just.... hang in there I guess, well okay maybe 'hang' is the wrong word, just dig in and ride it out. I don't really know what else to tell you, even in a non-serious way, though I am being serious right now.

Also, the counselor system sounds screwed up.

I also wish you could somehow get your sister out of there at the same time you get out without having to break a bunch of laws.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:24:11 am by smjjames »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #47182 on: December 04, 2014, 10:28:14 am »

Caroline, I wish I could tell you to find the police, but if the counselors fucked up, then the police might as well. At least while you are a minor. I suggest doing everything in your power once you get clear of your parents to help your siblings. And I guess find psychological help then as well.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47183 on: December 04, 2014, 10:30:26 am »

Caroline, I wish I could tell you to find the police, but if the counselors fucked up, then the police might as well. At least while you are a minor. I suggest doing everything in your power once you get clear of your parents to help your siblings. And I guess find psychological help then as well.

The police in Honduras are just as corrupt as the police in Mexico, maybe more corrupt, so Caroline is definetly not going to get help from them.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47184 on: December 04, 2014, 11:02:11 am »

When you log into B12 set it to only keep you logged in for 1 hour? That should work in conjunction with deleting your history (and cookies if possible).
How did your mom find your sister's secret account?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47185 on: December 04, 2014, 11:40:33 am »

If you use Chrome, incognito browsing will take care of almost all of that stuff for you. It doesn't record history, and deletes any and all cookies right after you close all of the browser windows.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47186 on: December 04, 2014, 11:56:43 am »

Argh. I have too many things to do this weekend, not enough money or time to do them all.
I had one thing I planned on doing on Saturday, but I have at least one friend doing other stuff.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47187 on: December 04, 2014, 12:58:54 pm »

I have this wierd mental thing where I believe that I deserve to win every FFA in Fistful of Frags.  In first place?  Normal level of fun.  In second place?  Start to rage.

Its a fun game but I can't have fun with it for very long because of that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #47188 on: December 04, 2014, 01:25:11 pm »

I have this wierd mental thing where I believe that I deserve to win every FFA in Fistful of Frags.  In first place?  Normal level of fun.  In second place?  Start to rage.

Its a fun game but I can't have fun with it for very long because of that.
Those fuckers just shouldn't steal your wins, that's what's causing the problem in the first place.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47189 on: December 04, 2014, 01:30:22 pm »

Later that night my mom brought my sister into her room, and we all slept together.
Err... I get what you mean, but this would be hilarious if the whole situation wasn't FUBAR.

On what to do: You're still physically a dude, right? Around fifteen, or seventeen, if you're gonna be able to move out in a year?

Hit her back.
I'm serious. It's one of the most horrible things one can do, hitting one's parent, but it might be the only way to get through to her. What's she gonna do - beat you more?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 3144 3145 [3146] 3147 3148 ... 3345