Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3140 3141 [3142] 3143 3144 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700881 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Ascension Edition
« Reply #47115 on: December 02, 2014, 07:27:48 pm »

Did anyone get the Bay12 white van up and running? I've got the balaclavas.

Still waiting on the hover boards to mount on it.
Remember, people: In and out in ninety seconds, and leave no survivors.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47116 on: December 02, 2014, 07:31:05 pm »

GET THE DRILL
GET THE DRILL
GET THE DRILL
GET THE DRILLLLLLL
shutthefuckupbain
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47117 on: December 02, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »

I still think that DOTA 2 is a bad game for the same reasons that fans say "makes it more challenging." The limited and claustrophobic camera view and movement control issues being two of them. I've never gotten hung up on minions in LoL. Can't say the same about DOTA.

I also think Dark Souls is bad game, but that's a different story.

1. It's only limited and claustrophobic if you think that League is the standard, which it isn't. It's the same as it was in WC3.
2. Being blocked by creeps is not a movement issue?

Also, goddammit how often do I actually complain about the game itself? I complain about the shitty business practices of the company that makes it.

1. "This bad thing is not bad because I say it isn't." And it wasn't bad that you couldn't manually aim on the Y-axis in Doom, either. It certainly isn't limiting and annoying in comparison to other FPSes, because after all CoD had vertical freeaim and I don't like CoD, so it doesn't really matter, because restricting the player's ability to aim is what all the classic FPSes did.

2. Pathing isn't a movement issue? (That's not to say that LoL doesn't have a heaping pile of stupid pathing, of course.)

--

We all have our personal crusades. Not all of us bring them up every other day. I'm not constantly moaning about how TV Tropes is run by terrible, shitty people who shouldn't be supported, and that's brought up in these threads a lot more than MOBAs by people who aren't me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47118 on: December 02, 2014, 07:57:28 pm »

I'm saying it's not bad because the only reason it's said to be bad is because someone else is saying it is.

It's not really a pathing issue, or at least I don't think so because the terms used are vague.

TVTropes isn't the company that makes the most popular game in the world?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47119 on: December 02, 2014, 08:38:17 pm »

The way you phrased it implied that you thought that LoL was better in terms of the camera view, "...if you think League is the standard"; I was just going by what you were saying.

Yeah, getting snagged on creeps when you click-move on a location beyond them is a problem with pathing.
--

That aside, I don't necessarily disagree with you. Riot does a lot of shitty things. That doesn't mean that it's not annoying to hear the same complaints and reddit links every few days in a bunch of unrelated threads. It's not news, it's not shocking, it's the same old blather that surfaces every single time two companies have similar and competing games, with one group of fans or both digging up whatever reasons they can to hate the other company or game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #47120 on: December 02, 2014, 11:27:24 pm »

I really hate not being told I'm doing anything. Apparently I was supposed to pick my brother's friend up and drive him to scouts, but guess what? I wasn't told, just my little brother. Who then forgot.
And guess who gets screamed at and insulted for forgetting him? Yep, me...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #47121 on: December 02, 2014, 11:38:48 pm »

dang it I thought the steam sale went on a little longer

You know what's worse. Not having been able to buy anything during the sale because their stupid checkout process keeps glitching out.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #47122 on: December 03, 2014, 12:01:08 am »

Apparently she isn't even mad I forgot the kid, just that it brings dishonor to my family because now the kid thinks we are incompetent and cannot do anything right...

I mean, he has been my little brother's best friend for years. I doubt not being picked up once is going to completely destroy their friendship and cause his family to not speak with us for years like my mom thinks will happen...

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47123 on: December 03, 2014, 12:01:47 am »

Everything about the concentrated defamation and attack campaign on Sam Harris by neo-liberal 'journalists'.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #47124 on: December 03, 2014, 04:16:06 am »

I like that guy's take on meditation. I should probably get back to that because fuck stress.

What's he attacked for this time? Is he getting called an "Islamophobe" again or what?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #47125 on: December 03, 2014, 04:39:10 am »

Paper cut under my thumbnail.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47126 on: December 03, 2014, 05:12:35 am »

My dad just told me that we're going to the eye doctor for a checkup this afternoon. I knew nothing about this.

Gee, no, it's not like I have an exam tomorrow, AND ANOTHER ONE THE DAY AFTER. No point in telling me about the appointment, right? I've got plenty of time!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47127 on: December 03, 2014, 05:32:03 am »

Paper cut under my thumbnail.
Sam Harris' fault, now you know who to blame.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47128 on: December 03, 2014, 06:50:11 am »

It's not really a pathing issue, or at least I don't think so because the terms used are vague.
If you right click on the other side of a wall, your character goes around the wall.  If you right click on the other side of a creep, your character does not immediately go around the creep.  Ergo, pathing problem.

Also "it worked like that in WC3" is a shit defense.  WC3 was designed to have you control dozens of units at once.  A game which primarily focuses on controlling a single character should have tighter controls, especially given how long its been in development.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47129 on: December 03, 2014, 10:37:45 am »

We all have our personal crusades. Not all of us bring them up every other day. I'm not constantly moaning about how TV Tropes is run by terrible, shitty people who shouldn't be supported, and that's brought up in these threads a lot more than MOBAs by people who aren't me.
I never knew.  Well, that gives me an even better reason to avoid TVT now.
Pages: 1 ... 3140 3141 [3142] 3143 3144 ... 3345