Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3135 3136 [3137] 3138 3139 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701204 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: MOBA me? I MOBA you! Edition
« Reply #47040 on: November 30, 2014, 12:34:33 pm »

My ought just got delayed by an hour and a half because apparently they forgot to get fuel at the previous airport and need to divert to different airport to get fuel.
The pilots of some budget airlines get financial incentives to use as little fuel as possible. So it probably wasn't a forgetting.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47041 on: November 30, 2014, 01:02:44 pm »

And delayed another half hour. Not sure if I'm going to be able to catch my bus at this rate.

And they changed our gate without tellings us, leaving us to figure it out on our own.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:09:46 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #47042 on: November 30, 2014, 02:52:26 pm »

Review companies don't tend to cover things like that.  You never see "Mass Effect 3 was nice but it had a lot of DLC and forces you to use Origins, 6/10 -IGN"
No, you get stuff like "Alpha Sapphire had too much water, and team Aqua was too water type focused. 7.8/10 - IGN"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47043 on: November 30, 2014, 03:14:22 pm »

"Galaga, what happened to the third dimension? Incredible design flaw, 4/10." - IGN

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47044 on: November 30, 2014, 03:53:34 pm »

"Galaga, what happened to the third dimension? Incredible design flaw, 4/10." - IGN
I completed that until wave 100! D:<
And...and...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:'(

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47045 on: November 30, 2014, 05:51:47 pm »

Argh, my Tire Iron has gone missing in action. Pretty sure even after getting my car a block or so to an air pump, and then the 5 or 6 blocks to the tire shop, it'll be ruined. Assuming it isn't so flat it falls off the rim on the drive down there, and I'm forced to call a tow truck. Tempted just to skip the middle man and call a tow truck, have him put the doughnut on it for me. As embarrassing and costly as that will be. Guh. I always seem to have this problem in winter, as the memory of a flat tire and numb, frozen hands seem to go together often.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47046 on: November 30, 2014, 07:03:19 pm »

There is something deeply obnoxious about realizing you have genuine complaints with your parents, on the verge of potential independence.  Bringing my complaints up would just be needless emotional distress for everyone involved, but they're still there.  In the past.  And occasionally the present.

I guess the real problem would be if I ever end up living with them again...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47047 on: November 30, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »

I can hear my mom's boyfriend screaming upstairs. Screaming because my mom tried bringing up how much she would get when we leave.

He still claims she shouldn't get anything. He has legal documents he wants her to sign. He says she isn't allowed to bring them to a lawyer, and that even she can't read them. He thinks that because she didn't actually work on the house while it was being built, she shouldn't get anything from it. He even wants to charge her for all the work he did on the house, at somewhere between $30 to $50 an hour. Apparently the money she put towards buying the house, paying all of the bills, and paying for most of the furnishings means nothing.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #47048 on: November 30, 2014, 09:37:36 pm »

My group for a project (the engineering graphics project I mentioned way back) has decided to meet for seemingly the first time (that I know of) the night before we're due to present our project.

And the member who's actually contacted me (after my second message to the entire group - they didn't respond the first time) seems not to know what building they're in. Claims they're working in Maddux hall lab - I went and checked (I live in Maddux/McCord hall), they're not there. Says to check the other labs in the building, since he's not sure of the floor number (?). There are two labs in this building - study and computer, neither has my group.

And if it turns out they have worked on it (without keeping me in the loop), my individual work doesn't mean shit.

This project is a damn test grade. I have a very good record in the class so far, so I doubt it'd fail me, but damn it all to hell I want to do it well anyways.

EDIT: He wasn't even with the group (who were in the library). He was at work, telling me the group was in a possible meeting place.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:04:20 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47049 on: November 30, 2014, 09:59:06 pm »

I can hear my mom's boyfriend screaming upstairs. Screaming because my mom tried bringing up how much she would get when we leave.

He still claims she shouldn't get anything. He has legal documents he wants her to sign. He says she isn't allowed to bring them to a lawyer, and that even she can't read them. He thinks that because she didn't actually work on the house while it was being built, she shouldn't get anything from it. He even wants to charge her for all the work he did on the house, at somewhere between $30 to $50 an hour. Apparently the money she put towards buying the house, paying all of the bills, and paying for most of the furnishings means nothing.
He wants her to sign legal documents without reading them? Yeah no. See if you can get a recording of him saying that though, might help her case in court.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Sig

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47050 on: November 30, 2014, 10:00:40 pm »

Yeah, that's not the way that works, bucko.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47051 on: November 30, 2014, 10:02:30 pm »

Seriously though, there ain't no way that's getting resolved out of court.
Sig

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47052 on: December 01, 2014, 10:01:30 am »

Uggggghhhhhh this tire is going to cost me out the ass. Tow truck driver didn't have a socket that fit the lugs so he had to tow it. Tire is a non-standard size so if they can't repair it, it'll be a day before it's fixed. I love my car but it has been an unending source of special, non-standard problems requiring expensive solutions. And since it's almost 20 years old, it has problems. Constantly. I'd buy a newer car if it wouldn't break my bank completely.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47053 on: December 01, 2014, 12:50:58 pm »

So, half of the hour that my boss is shorting me is from a lunch break that I was never informed I was legally required to take, not that I could since I never could get a word in that day through the constant stream of "And when you're done with that" and "Before you start that I need you to". The other hour she's claiming I didn't work, and I'm not 100% certain she's wrong.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47054 on: December 01, 2014, 03:03:45 pm »

I had this perfect article to use as a source in my essay. It had all sorts of quotable lines, plenty of hard numbers to support my point and (most importantly) came with a pre-made MLA citation. Then I rearrange some tabs and it's completely missing. I can't find it in my history, it's not in my browsing history, I didn't accidentally move it to another window and it's not hiding in my Works Cited page. It's like I bloody imagined it. >:(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 3135 3136 [3137] 3138 3139 ... 3345