Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3126 3127 [3128] 3129 3130 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701241 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: MOBA me? I MOBA you! Edition
« Reply #46905 on: November 26, 2014, 04:15:14 pm »

Argh. I got used to staying up to 1:30, but I want to go to a lecture at 8 AM. It's too late to start doing anything fun, but too early to actually go to sleep yet. Boredom intensifies.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46906 on: November 26, 2014, 04:26:10 pm »

hey speaking of the post title

Riot said that Dota had "burden of knowledge" and that they don't want that

meanwhile in League of Legends you have two choices to see what a champion actually does:

1. buy them and play them in a game, all the way through, and make sure to use every ability to see the cooldowns, and also pay attention to stats and item builds
2. google it

Compared to DotA:

1. Play them in a game, probably a bot game if you really have no idea, and read the guides that the game gives you access to in-game that also give you item and ability build guidance, as well as seeing their stats and what the stats mean
2. Click on them while playing (even if you're not playing them) and read their ability descriptions, which includes cooldown and scaling for all levels, plus their current stats (and you can still see stat growth and stuff, of course, plus all the items they have)
3. Watch a replay containing the hero and read said descriptions to understand not just what they do but why; League doesn't even have replays despite Riot promising them since the game was in beta
4. google it

But that's just more of Riot being hypocritical.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:28:13 pm by Putnam »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46907 on: November 26, 2014, 04:34:29 pm »

uuugh

knowledge: such a fucking burden
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46908 on: November 26, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »

The American Wild West is actually in Italy.
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46909 on: November 26, 2014, 05:10:40 pm »

The Italians are apparently invading. This makes me angry.

In topic: day disorganized verily, accomplish cannot things me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46910 on: November 26, 2014, 05:11:19 pm »

hey speaking of the post title

Riot said that Dota had "burden of knowledge" and that they don't want that

meanwhile in League of Legends you have two choices to see what a champion actually does:

1. buy them and play them in a game, all the way through, and make sure to use every ability to see the cooldowns, and also pay attention to stats and item builds
2. google it

Compared to DotA:

1. Play them in a game, probably a bot game if you really have no idea, and read the guides that the game gives you access to in-game that also give you item and ability build guidance, as well as seeing their stats and what the stats mean
2. Click on them while playing (even if you're not playing them) and read their ability descriptions, which includes cooldown and scaling for all levels, plus their current stats (and you can still see stat growth and stuff, of course, plus all the items they have)
3. Watch a replay containing the hero and read said descriptions to understand not just what they do but why; League doesn't even have replays despite Riot promising them since the game was in beta
4. google it

But that's just more of Riot being hypocritical.

3. Check their profile to see what sort of roles they're listed as filling, read what their different abilities do, and watch the integrated videos of the abilities in use, then check the tips for them.
4. Play them when they're up in the free-week rotation.

Seriously, I get that you love the frothing rage about everything Riot does, but at least go for the valid complaints instead of misrepresenting things. The sole greatest issue with champion transparency is that you don't get access to the full tooltip for each ability until you play a champion, and that the scaling ratios aren't visible in-game. That's something worth complaining about, because it's bloody stupid to not include it. Or, for that matter, a full listing of champion stats outside of matches.

I do like how you're pretending that free rotation and practice matches vs. bots don't exist.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46911 on: November 27, 2014, 12:08:54 am »

Mostly because free rotations aren't even remotely a solution? You only have, what, 1/6 chance to get to play a champion in any given week?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46912 on: November 27, 2014, 12:21:35 am »

Mostly because free rotations aren't even remotely a solution? You only have, what, 1/6 chance to get to play a champion in any given week?

Less. You might not get rare and underplayed champions in months. Which is definitely something I disagree with. This champion isn't getting played that much. Obvious solution is give people less opportunities to learn them. Logic. On the other hand, it does satisfy my inner hipster to use uncommon choices. So silver copper soap lining?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46913 on: November 27, 2014, 12:23:34 am »

Yeah, sorry, my math was wonky, I mean to say "1/12". For some reason I thought it was a 20 hero rotation or something in my math? I don't know, I doubled or halved something erroneously along the line.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #46914 on: November 27, 2014, 04:40:16 am »

My project was marked externally, apparently, and the rest of the class also got weird marks. I don't know if the marker just ticked random boxes on the mark sheet or what.

Whatever the case, I get to spend my first afternoon after exams querying literally every other section of marking.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #46915 on: November 27, 2014, 03:18:17 pm »

UPlay is a stupid piece of shit.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46916 on: November 27, 2014, 04:42:05 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46917 on: November 27, 2014, 06:04:58 pm »

Yeah, P. much.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46918 on: November 27, 2014, 06:07:21 pm »

From my understanding, pretty much all DRM including Steam is a PoS
FTFY
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46919 on: November 27, 2014, 06:16:51 pm »

Less. You might not get rare and underplayed champions in months. Which is definitely something I disagree with. This champion isn't getting played that much. Obvious solution is give people less opportunities to learn them. Logic. On the other hand, it does satisfy my inner hipster to use uncommon choices. So silver copper soap lining?

I guarantee you if putting rare champions on free week increased their popularity significantly, they'd do it all the time. You can only buy a champion once, so introducing people to less popular champions gives you more potential sales.

I do think there's no excuse the champion rotation isn't 15 or 20 by now.
Pages: 1 ... 3126 3127 [3128] 3129 3130 ... 3345