Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3120 3121 [3122] 3123 3124 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700358 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: MOBA me? I MOBA you! Edition
« Reply #46815 on: November 24, 2014, 01:18:01 pm »

Most genre names are vague.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46816 on: November 24, 2014, 01:19:33 pm »

Do you just do "entire forum" searches for MOBA and related keywords so you can complain about LoL?

Nope, just follow topics a lot and get annoyed when the word "toxic" is used as synonymous for "bad".

And besides that, I usually don't complain about LoL, only Riot Games. Wait, shit, sorry, they only make the one.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46817 on: November 24, 2014, 01:25:11 pm »

The worst part is that Riot isn't even really worth defending most of the time. Even more so now that they've gotten rid of the best part of LoL with their "Lore? What lore?" move.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46818 on: November 24, 2014, 01:35:19 pm »

Yes, I too am quite interested.

Mainly because I know nothing about FC4 apart from apparently it being placed in Himalayas and being akin to FC3 in gameplay (I... think?).
Yhea, and I loved FC3, it certainly wasn't revolutionary but it was an amazing game for me.
I'm still in the process of completing FC2 though, which is far more tough on you than FC3 ever is, apparently, sneak attack machete kills are not silent, so enemies will know exactly when and where you are.
It at no point tells you this, or much of anything, really.
I still posit that Far Cry 2 is a terrible game, because you can never do anything without getting into 15 gunfights on the way, because the AI is programmed not to leave you alone once it sees you until one of you is dead, and you run into a hostile truck full of guys every 2 minutes. The game for me devolved into "try to get somewhere, shoot some dudes, die, repeat, make no progress because every time you kill the guys on the road who were shooting you, more guys show up in the exact same place."
Far Cry 3 was great, though. The only thing it was missing was more substantial female characters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46819 on: November 24, 2014, 02:15:41 pm »

We have hot water again!

It's brown!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46820 on: November 24, 2014, 02:28:17 pm »

The worst part is that Riot isn't even really worth defending most of the time. Even more so now that they've gotten rid of the best part of LoL with their "Lore? What lore?" move.
I didn't knew games like that had lore

(eeeeurgh that font is terrible)
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46821 on: November 24, 2014, 02:31:22 pm »

Wow, comic sans in italics manages to make it significantly worse. I'm actually impressed.

Also, yeah, games like that tend to have tons of lore. LoL recently replaced all their character lores with single-paragraph bits on the character and a copy+pasted setting bit on top that they share with a bunch of others. Most ridiculous MOBA lore I've seen is probably Dota 2's Oracle for its all-caps WORLDBUILDING.

Oh, yeah, and some league champions used to have a band I think, which is fairly ridiculous, but Oracle's seems to be taking itself seriously, heh.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:35:37 pm by Putnam »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46822 on: November 24, 2014, 02:34:51 pm »

the italics shall consume the earth

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46823 on: November 24, 2014, 02:36:28 pm »

... let's pre-emptively not go sweet bro on this thread, yes? Font fight the fiftieth should occur somewhere else.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46824 on: November 24, 2014, 02:47:50 pm »

... let's pre-emptively not go sweet bro on this thread, yes? Font fight the fiftieth should occur somewhere else.

Spoiler: go hella h instead (click to show/hide)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46825 on: November 24, 2014, 02:49:19 pm »

I still don't get why people hate comic sans so much.
because it looks so shitty it's fkin unbelieeable man
._.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46826 on: November 24, 2014, 02:50:23 pm »

Fuck this wind! We've been getting 20-30 mph winds all day, and rain on and off throughout the day. The forecast says it'll cool significantly tomorrow, and I'll bet the wind will still stick around.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46828 on: November 24, 2014, 02:52:13 pm »

Hm. I forgot the reason I came to this thread in the first place.

Original RAGE:
Yesterday, a certain staff member at my house was getting on me about not doing my chore on a previous day. I told them it was because I was really depressed that day and had gone to bed early (which was the truth) and that I would have done it in the morning if it was allowed. Cue the following conversation:

Staff: Who told you that?
Me: (other staff)
Staff: Well, (other staff) isn't full time staff here, and everybody knows that.
(Already making me feel like she's calling me an idiot)
Me: I know that, but he's been working here a while, so I feel like he would know what the rules are.
Staff: Well, he's not full time staff, so I don't know why you would think that, cause everybody knows that.
Me: What does him not being full time staff have to do with whether or not he knows the rules?!
Staff: I dunno and you really shouldn't raise your voice at me there's no reason for you to be raising your voice right now so please stop OK?
Me: A-are you serious? Alright, whatever.

At this point, I just go back to doing what I was doing, and she just walks away. A few minutes later, I sit down to eat, and out of the blue, she says from across the room, "Hey, just so we're clear, that's a verbal warning for raising your voice at staff."
I wanted to chew her out after that, but I knew that there was no other reason for her to bring that up again other than to get a rise out of me, so I just gave her a look and kept eating in silence. This isn't the first issue I've had with her, either. She generally walks around here like she's better than us, and refuses to do anything more than the bare minimum of her job. How she ever got hired as full time I will never know.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46829 on: November 24, 2014, 02:58:40 pm »

Quick Fermi estimation: 5 source games * 10 kind of weapons * 5 weapons in each kind * 30 different types of enchantment = 7 500 items I need to write raws for. Jesus Christ.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 3120 3121 [3122] 3123 3124 ... 3345