Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3117 3118 [3119] 3120 3121 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700319 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46770 on: November 23, 2014, 10:19:29 am »

That was a joke. I do understand what you mean.
Sure, sometimes I dislike things simply because I dislike them, but other times I dislike them because they are inarguably, unforgivably terrible.
This falls into the latter category.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46771 on: November 23, 2014, 10:20:41 am »

That was a joke. I do understand what you mean.
Sure, sometimes I dislike things simply because I dislike them, but other times I dislike them because they are inarguably, unforgivably terrible.
This falls into the latter category.

The third and fourth sentences of this post make me doubt the accuracy of the second.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46772 on: November 23, 2014, 10:23:37 am »

As far as I can tell, there is a reason why you are fighting with them. As for personal gain, you know some people dont like that, right?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46773 on: November 23, 2014, 10:27:24 am »

Well, uh. Thanks for summing up both most of the reasons it sucks, and the mindset the developers were apparently in whilst making the thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46774 on: November 23, 2014, 11:09:55 am »

Yeah, if I was Ajay, I definitely wouldn't have joined Pagan...but...joining the rebels seems like a bit much. I'd probably just do the ashes thing, go home, and try to forget that a guy was stabbed to death a few feet in front of me.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46775 on: November 23, 2014, 11:19:24 am »

That's actually something you can do in the game.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #46776 on: November 23, 2014, 12:42:46 pm »

The shitty thing about the story is the prospects proposed by the Easter egg ending

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46777 on: November 23, 2014, 02:33:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As for Far Cry 3, I originally really liked the story... But ultimately I realized that it was horribly flawed after playing some games with much better stories. You start out as a badass yet you're meant to be a random dude in a horrible situation, and the whole tribe plot just reeks of colonialism. I also really don't like how the devs keep playing up the flaws as intentional. Like the crafting system being intentionally absurd.
Far Cry 3 would have been really improved if you started the game by waking up on a beach with no guns, no training, on the island filled with pirates and animals, then finding an old rusty knife. Which you can't do takedowns with, you just have to desperately stab at pirates until they fall over. You have to earn that takedown.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46778 on: November 23, 2014, 02:54:53 pm »

Yeah, my big problem with FC4, this isn't a spoiler since everyone knows this is the problem all FC games have.

Within 10 seconds of landing on the beach/the game starting, etc. the PC becomes a cold-blooded killer who can gun down 5 guys without blinking, or missing, and can throw a throwing knife perfectly, survive bullet wounds, etc.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #46779 on: November 23, 2014, 04:07:13 pm »

That's pretty much the problem with all videogames that try and put a realistic setting with over the top gunplay.

Now, the "Or missing" part depends on the players own skill at least.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46780 on: November 23, 2014, 04:09:00 pm »

That's why I like Crysis. It just gives you a suit and a gun and you've gotta kill stuff. No questions asked.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46781 on: November 23, 2014, 04:14:24 pm »

That's why I like Crysis. It just gives you a suit and a gun and you've gotta kill stuff. No questions asked.
Isn't there also aliens involved somehow?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46782 on: November 23, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »

Entertainment engaged.

You still don't have to ask any questions!

"Hey, why is...."

"NOPE." DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46783 on: November 23, 2014, 04:16:08 pm »

You still don't have to ask any questions!

"how many bullets do i need to shoot this with so it dies"

there, a question for you

add a mark at your leisure m8

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46784 on: November 23, 2014, 04:16:27 pm »

Yeah, but they're not very interesting. At least in Crysis 2 the game doesn't really tell you shit about them.

I only just got to the Alien part in Crysis 1 so I'm not sure if they do anything interesting in that game.
Pages: 1 ... 3117 3118 [3119] 3120 3121 ... 3345