Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700822 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46755 on: November 23, 2014, 12:07:04 am »

Sadly, there's not a very large number of decent free video editors on the market.

Lightworks is okay, but it has some... funky licensing. VLMC is very early alpha and intolerably glitchy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46756 on: November 23, 2014, 12:08:26 am »

My internet has taken to randomly dying for hours at a time after my dad unplugged it once when I was up late reading a book.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46757 on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:59 am »

No, because no one bothers to tell me I'm doing anything, much less ask when I want to do it.
You're wearing fancy pajamas, and you'll like it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46758 on: November 23, 2014, 12:23:23 am »

Sadly, there's not a very large number of decent free video editors on the market.

Lightworks is okay, but it has some... funky licensing. VLMC is very early alpha and intolerably glitchy.
Does VirtualDub count as an editor? (thats about all I know here, though)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46759 on: November 23, 2014, 12:38:21 am »

Does VirtualDub count as an editor? (thats about all I know here, though)
I haven't actually used it myself, but a cursory search seems to put it in the category of "screen recorder". Sometimes recorders have features for fairly general editing tasks, but not to the same extent as a non-linear (or whatever the correct term is) one.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46760 on: November 23, 2014, 05:17:13 am »

Well, Far Cry 4 is predictably terrible. Why do games like this get made?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #46761 on: November 23, 2014, 05:47:09 am »

Well, Far Cry 4 is predictably terrible. Why do games like this get made?
HOOOOOOOOLD ON THERE BUCKO.
THEM FIGHTING WORDS RIGHT THERE.
No, but seriously, why don't you like it?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #46762 on: November 23, 2014, 05:50:13 am »

Yes, I too am quite interested.

Mainly because I know nothing about FC4 apart from apparently it being placed in Himalayas and being akin to FC3 in gameplay (I... think?).
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46763 on: November 23, 2014, 05:53:50 am »

Yes, I too am quite interested.

Mainly because I know nothing about FC4 apart from apparently it being placed in Himalayas and being akin to FC3 in gameplay (I... think?).
Yhea, and I loved FC3, it certainly wasn't revolutionary but it was an amazing game for me.
I'm still in the process of completing FC2 though, which is far more tough on you than FC3 ever is, apparently, sneak attack machete kills are not silent, so enemies will know exactly when and where you are.
It at no point tells you this, or much of anything, really.
Alan help.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46764 on: November 23, 2014, 05:55:17 am »

Well, for starters you play as a guy named Ajay. Seriously. Ajay.
And it just gets worse than there- the railroading in this game is frigging ridiculous. You go to Nepal Kyrat to scatter the ashes of one of your parents and all of a sudden, with no actual justification whatsoever, you're fighting alongside some terrorist group said parent was apparently a part of. And of course you're fighting as a bunch of generic dweebs against the only interesting faction in the whole game...

The main character is one of the stupidest protagonists I've ever encountered. He's not even in it for personal gain or anything. He just shows up and decides to help a bunch of complete strangers try to overthrow the government. It really makes zero sense and the player has no choice in the matter.

...Did I mention that his name is "Ajay"? ::)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:57:38 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46765 on: November 23, 2014, 05:55:50 am »

Welp, last update about my nonsense.

172 updates. Four hours.

Five installed. I now have 167 updates to go through. This is BS of the highest caliber.

This is what happens when you install windows 7 when it's already at the end of its life cycle. You have to catch up on 5 years worth of updates.

FYI, the 75-800mb one is service pack 3, which can be bigger or smaller depending on what other updates you already have, since it will install all the updates before it if you didn't already.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46766 on: November 23, 2014, 06:01:55 am »

And it just gets worse than there- the railroading in this game is frigging ridiculous. You go to Nepal to scatter the ashes of one of your parents and all of a sudden, with no actual justification whatsoever, you're fighting alongside some terrorist group said parent was apparently a part of. And of course you're fighting as a bunch of generic dweebs against the only interesting faction in the whole game...

The main character is one of the stupidest protagonists I've ever encountered. He's not even in it for personal gain or anything. He just shows up and decides to help a bunch of complete strangers try to overthrow the government. It really makes zero sense and the player has no choice in the matter.

Ah, I see your problem.

You care about the story, I don't think FC3 had great story either, perhaps FC2 might be good for you? Probably not though, way too much padding for anyone who goes for story.
I do completely understand where you're coming from, it does kinda have a dumb story, I was just worried you were going to harp on the gameplay, and that would have been a whole other mess.
Alan help.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46767 on: November 23, 2014, 10:10:09 am »

And it just gets worse than there- the railroading in this game is frigging ridiculous. You go to Nepal Kyrat to scatter the ashes of one of your parents and all of a sudden, with no actual justification whatsoever, you're fighting alongside some terrorist group said parent was apparently a part of. And of course you're fighting as a bunch of generic dweebs against the only interesting faction in the whole game...

(Ajay is a reasonably common name in some pretty goddamn populous parts of the world)

(also you not liking something still doesn't mean it's terrible)
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46768 on: November 23, 2014, 10:14:19 am »

(also you not liking something still doesn't mean it's terrible)
...Since when? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46769 on: November 23, 2014, 10:17:37 am »

It has always been the case.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 ... 3345