Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3112 3113 [3114] 3115 3116 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700818 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46695 on: November 21, 2014, 03:24:08 pm »

All the action sequences were kinda boring and same-y, and the ending bit where they try to portray "19 Americans dead" as a tragedy, right next to the words "over 1,000 Somali militants and civilians" pissed me off more than a little bit. It's also apparently not terribly accurate as far as actual events, but that doesn't really bother me too much because it isn't a documentary and doesn't really pretend to be.
Ah, interesting. Been a while since I last saw it and I remember action being decent enough but maybe I should watch it again because I honestly don't even remember that statistic from the end.
And yeah, it's pretty sad how things went down in Somalia, but to be fair it's been pretty f-ed up even before US got directly involved. :\
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46696 on: November 21, 2014, 10:32:48 pm »

He's in middle school, and there are two people who are actively trying to form their cliques of a sort. :P A is one of them.

It seems that he's being beat up because he's standing up, actually--say, if A insults him badly and tells him to go away he doesn't, apparently.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46697 on: November 21, 2014, 10:43:36 pm »

That's good, then. All it takes is a step more to crush the scum under his feet and establish his social dominance ensure that A stops targeting him.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46698 on: November 21, 2014, 11:08:29 pm »

I expended heaps of energy lugging beer back from the shop, and now I'm too tired to get drunk properly. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46699 on: November 21, 2014, 11:23:32 pm »

Plus A was beating him up, so going the Kung-fu kid route and teaching your brother how to beat the tar out of him would help. :u

The system doesn't work for him in this situation, but it can't work against him either.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46700 on: November 22, 2014, 01:13:48 am »

Yeah, that's the real fear for kids in the 'states and such, you fight back once and suddenly you're being punished equally (if you weren't already) or worse, on the school's shit-list, &c. If the institutions just don't care, it's much easier to resolve problems the simple way.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46701 on: November 22, 2014, 01:20:11 am »

on the school's shit-list
Its kind of sad how much this is a thing.

In elementary school I was an extremely polarizing student.  Most of the teachers and administrators I met either loved more or hated me, so I've gotten to see both sides of that coin.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #46702 on: November 22, 2014, 01:50:56 am »

Through some horrible glitch in the matrix I just closed Firefox and it didn't save my tabs from last time. Instead it warned me I was about to close a window with 27 tabs open. "That's odd, it hasn't done that in a while. Better check not to do that again." Then I close the window.

Reopen Firefox to check that it saved. Opens to the Firefox homepage I haven't seen in months.

Shit. There goes 27 tabs of things that may or may not have been important. I don't even remember what most of them were. Checked options, option to remember tabs from last time remains checked, IT SHOULD'VE WORKED.

aglblaglasdf
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46703 on: November 22, 2014, 02:26:52 am »

I know on Chrome if you hit "Ctrl+Shift+T" it opens the last tab, and it also opens up a close window full of tabs. So, uh, try that? Or firefox's version...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46704 on: November 22, 2014, 02:32:42 am »

This is why I use bookmarks.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46705 on: November 22, 2014, 02:35:06 am »

Chrome doesn't save tabs for you, so I guess I've never had that issue...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46706 on: November 22, 2014, 02:37:51 am »

... Yes it does? It saves all my tabs.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46707 on: November 22, 2014, 02:59:25 am »

I think there's an option for it. I never use it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46708 on: November 22, 2014, 03:00:31 am »

Through some horrible glitch in the matrix I just closed Firefox and it didn't save my tabs from last time. Instead it warned me I was about to close a window with 27 tabs open. "That's odd, it hasn't done that in a while. Better check not to do that again." Then I close the window.

Reopen Firefox to check that it saved. Opens to the Firefox homepage I haven't seen in months.

Shit. There goes 27 tabs of things that may or may not have been important. I don't even remember what most of them were. Checked options, option to remember tabs from last time remains checked, IT SHOULD'VE WORKED.

aglblaglasdf
After the same happened to me two times with about 700 pages open, I've found that there is an addon for Firefox which alleviates that problem. It's called Session Manager.
._.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46709 on: November 22, 2014, 03:13:56 am »

After the same happened to me two times with about 700 pages open, I've found that there is an addon for Firefox which alleviates that problem. It's called Session Manager.
Why would you even need 700 pages open? O_o

Like I could see someone maybe having like 10 tabs, or even like 15, but once you get over that I don't exactly see what you could be viewing. Like maybe 4 forums, 5 social sites, a chat window, maybe a couple of pages for a job/school and 1-2 wikipedia pages? Any more then that and it seems to me like you just have a problem closing things when you are done with them (or you have horrible internet and have just decided to save everything ever because it takes to long to reload pages).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 3112 3113 [3114] 3115 3116 ... 3345