Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3110 3111 [3112] 3113 3114 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700396 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46665 on: November 21, 2014, 03:52:59 am »

Knife might be a bit excessive, but some form of self defense is a good idea, yes. Martial arts have the added bonus of providing healthy exercise.

LSP has it right about schools doing bugger all about their students. It's less bad in some places. Probably has something to do with the nonsense of "Kid, were you nice to your teacher today?" turning into "Kid, was your teacher nice to you today?".
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46666 on: November 21, 2014, 04:07:18 am »

Murder those little shits.

Nah ok, that's a bit excessive. But it really is a question what to do know. To think the one force that could actually at least try to do something, the school, does nothing even after he's been beaten up for 6 times... is staggering. Is this some "suck it and man up" thing you have there? Anyways, I think some sort of MA/seld defense course might be in order. The question is, does this A and B persons have any C and D behind them that could further escalate the aggression if your brother refuses to back down next time... This could be a nasty situation.

Other suggestion I can give is for him to try and stay away from A/ A and B. Or, if forced and if he can, run. It's hard to swallow your pride and do nothing about such thugs (I know), but maybe sometimes this is for the best.

You can still murder them when he grows up.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Atomic Emu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46667 on: November 21, 2014, 04:15:20 am »

My advice: put an end to it right now no matter the cost, otherwise it will become far, far worse.
And you gaze up at the sky
As the clouds are passing by
And you wonder for a while
What it would be like to die

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46668 on: November 21, 2014, 04:16:43 am »

My brother goes to an alternative boarding school. And he's not socially savvy enough to know how to avoid A -.-

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46669 on: November 21, 2014, 04:18:32 am »

How your parents threaten to beat up sue the teachers or something if they don't stop it?

I don't know how Korean law works >.>

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46670 on: November 21, 2014, 04:20:10 am »

I don't either... can you even report an underage to the police if your only witness is the victim, and have a good chance of getting them sentenced? And is it worth the time and effort?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46671 on: November 21, 2014, 04:21:45 am »

Maybe tell the kids' parents somehow? I mean, the only people who can really stop them are the teacher or their parents.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46672 on: November 21, 2014, 04:22:38 am »

Korean adults are notoriously unconcerned about their child and any school violence they reportedly did...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46673 on: November 21, 2014, 04:23:55 am »

Korea truly sounds like a great place to live o.o

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46674 on: November 21, 2014, 04:25:26 am »

It's a great place to live if you're

- rich
- well connected
- don't need to work as a non-executive
- look like a Korean
- know Korean fluently
- don't need to educate or get education

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #46675 on: November 21, 2014, 04:28:09 am »

My brother goes to an alternative boarding school. And he's not socially savvy enough to know how to avoid A -.-
I meant physically avoid him, if he can? I'm guessing A is his classmate, so this might be hard, but try to stay with the groups of people (just mix with the crowd) when moving from class to class (if you do that, I have no idea how your schools works?) and just not going anywhere alone if he can. Generally not trying to be a loner and make himself a target. I know it's easy for me to speak like that when I'm not in his skin, but hopefully we can at least figure out what does NOT work in this case...

Though being a boarding school, is that, like, school where you also live and only come home for holidays and such? Ugh, well, that's problematic. :\

Also: imminent "THAT'S why Best Korea must liberate Worst Korea" jokes. Damn.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46676 on: November 21, 2014, 04:40:16 am »

I don't either... can you even report an underage to the police if your only witness is the victim, and have a good chance of getting them sentenced? And is it worth the time and effort?

Well, if he was beaten up, there are ways to confirm it via an MD, probably.

I've learned some interesting legal stuff about how it works here while I read up on the topic. Turns out, in Poland, Battery only becomes Battery when more than two people are involved, usually 2 vs. 1, but the 'attacker' is taken to mean not only someone actively punching but even verbally supporting one side.

1 vs. 1 fights are covered by other laws, based on the consequence, and if both parties caused harm, the judge may decide neither gets a sentence.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Shirtlords Edition
« Reply #46677 on: November 21, 2014, 06:26:33 am »

asdafsdgfgsd

fractal tentacle trees why u y no working
I think I've just proven that they'll actually work worse than a non-fractal tree.

i should've just used multiple points solution to start with
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46678 on: November 21, 2014, 06:34:17 am »

I keep imagining you watching Hentai and then jumping up, and running down the street with your pants down, screaming 'Eureka!'
Because, y'know, you finally found inspiration for coping with fractal tentacles.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46679 on: November 21, 2014, 08:58:00 am »

*Copulating
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 3110 3111 [3112] 3113 3114 ... 3345