Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3094 3095 [3096] 3097 3098 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695259 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46425 on: November 17, 2014, 02:51:45 pm »

I already try to do everything manually.
Git gud skrub.
Are you this guy

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46426 on: November 17, 2014, 03:56:46 pm »

fucking circles

why y u worst case scenario?!

Do I really have to create a separate pathing system just for shitty circles? *sigh*

EDIT: Turns out a really easy modification of the algorithm will radically reduce the edge cases like that... at the cost of doubling the computation time. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHH.

EDIT2:
Bad news: It's worse than that. Apparently I have to choose between wildly non-optimal but fastest, the optimal but sssssssssslow, and anything in between.
Good news: The difference between those lies simply in the number of path-central points.
Bad news x 2: Each path-central point requires a O(N) time to set up and O(1) time for adding a new element to the graph.
Good news x 2: I only need two path-central points to achieve reasonable optimum for most of the cases not involving Lovecraftian geometries.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:20:30 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46427 on: November 17, 2014, 04:21:51 pm »

Blackmail Google into installing Google Fiber?
Somehow I think that Google has more dirt on you than you on them.  In fact, I sort of feel that they have more information on everyone than everyone has on them.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46428 on: November 17, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »

Google sees and searches all.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46429 on: November 17, 2014, 04:33:08 pm »

-snip-
What are you trying to program?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46430 on: November 17, 2014, 04:38:51 pm »

Non-Euclidean pathfinding, apparently.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46431 on: November 17, 2014, 04:40:26 pm »

-snip-
What are you trying to program?
A non-optimal fast pathfinding from one point in a graph to another. It involves picking one point as a path-central point and then recursively adding all other points to it, resulting a sort-of pathfinding tree.

The most basic form of it replaces the movement from point A to point B by moving first to a central point C. The more advanced forms try to shorten the way by cutting out the middle points and straightening the way, but it seems like simply adding more central points essentially does the same thing, while being much less complex to program.

Non-Euclidean pathfinding, apparently.
It's an abstracted hierarchic space path-finding, but it can be non-Euclidean, too!
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46432 on: November 17, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »

How about contracting large cliques/other subgraphs which are nearly complete? It would presumably reduce computation time enormously while being fairly compatible with your method of optimization. Ah, but you need to determine the cliques first... It's been some time since I last did discrete mathematics.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46433 on: November 17, 2014, 05:29:46 pm »

Assholes who are playing a world building game with no real rules besides the obvious "Dont change history, dont counteract things" decides to change history and counteract things, particularly by having a guy loldestroy something designed to keep that single guy in, and shockingly easy to have an outside force destroy.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46434 on: November 17, 2014, 05:34:37 pm »

How about contracting large cliques/other subgraphs which are nearly complete? It would presumably reduce computation time enormously while being fairly compatible with your method of optimization. Ah, but you need to determine the cliques first... It's been some time since I last did discrete mathematics.
That method of optimization is probably the best one, yeah.

The dividing method is going to be a pain, though. Maybe a crystallization process combined with picking a random new growth point can do that reasonably fast, though. And them crystallize inside the already formed crystals some more! Yeah!!!!!!!!
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46435 on: November 17, 2014, 05:37:16 pm »

Assholes who are playing a world building game with no real rules besides the obvious "Dont change history, dont counteract things" decides to change history and counteract things, particularly by having a guy loldestroy something designed to keep that single guy in, and shockingly easy to have an outside force destroy.

What's the game you're playing there?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46436 on: November 17, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »

errything gone wrong
why you do this universe
even hole in pants

This has been a rage haiku by Sirus.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #46437 on: November 17, 2014, 05:38:59 pm »

It's in the forum games section
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #46438 on: November 17, 2014, 05:40:15 pm »

Create a world.
It's a forum game he's running.
View post history really helps sometimes.
Edit: NINJAAAAAASSS
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46439 on: November 17, 2014, 05:42:56 pm »

If what he's talking about is viewable in his post history, then it's not a conversation for the Rage Thread. That goes for Aseaheru and anyone else that wants to know.

Here's a reminder: if what you're raging about is happening on Bay12, you do not talk about it here. Period.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 3094 3095 [3096] 3097 3098 ... 3345