Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3089 3090 [3091] 3092 3093 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693807 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46350 on: November 15, 2014, 10:06:37 pm »

* MAXIMUMZERO SMAAASH [insert name] INTO SUN
:P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46351 on: November 15, 2014, 10:12:05 pm »

* MAXIMUMZERO SMAAASH [insert name] INTO SUN
:P
Not hulk enough. Hulked MZ would probably smash the sun into people instead.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46352 on: November 15, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »

You've heard the advice MZ.

Now you have no choice but to become a super hero.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46353 on: November 15, 2014, 11:10:30 pm »

I'm sick and fucking tired of bending over backward to help someone, going way above and beyond the call, only to have them be a complete fuckface to me. I'm fucking done. I need to get out of retail.
Yo, awesome! :O
Despite whatever that happened--don't change yourself! c:
(also move outta there ._. and be awesome in other places where you could grow that awesome)

Rage: Tried again to upload that one DF community fort file )now non-canon, thanks Net. -__-).
98%
> Cue textbox with the paraphrased text of "Upload Failure."
Reset to 0%.

6 Hours wasted ._. of 36~Mb

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46354 on: November 15, 2014, 11:21:30 pm »

Thanks, guys. I needed that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46355 on: November 15, 2014, 11:28:00 pm »

Sick + canker sore. 90% certain both are from pure stress. This year needs to be fucking over.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46356 on: November 15, 2014, 11:32:32 pm »

Thanks, guys. I needed that.
You do deserve better, though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46357 on: November 16, 2014, 12:28:33 am »

That scientist wearing that shirt that helped with the philae landing?

He had to apologise to people for wearing that shirt since it was *clearly* demeaning to women, whilst visibly upset. Meanwhile, a woman who helped with it an awful lot is completely ignored.

i've been told that he deserved all the crap he got because of that shirt

because of what he was wearing, to put it simply

gee where the fuck did i hear that one before.

i guess it's just easier to focus on to crying oppression than it is to do so on the achievements of the rare woman in a stem field

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #46358 on: November 16, 2014, 12:42:07 am »

*Suplexs LSP into a sensitivity classroom*

Don't come out till you finish module 7: The Way People Is
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46359 on: November 16, 2014, 12:55:58 am »

"Because wearing work-inappropriate clothing and getting chastised for it is the same thing as getting raped and having that blamed on one's clothing choices"

If I wear fishnets and a pvc miniskirt to work and am sent home for work-inappropriate attire, and am raped on the way home, being sent home due to my clothing choices is my problem but being raped still isn't. And no, this is not a false equivalency. There is a certain dress code that says "I am ready for work." There is not a dress code that says "Rape me now," because "consenting to rape" is an oxymoron by definition.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #46360 on: November 16, 2014, 01:01:37 am »

Words.
The funny part is that I've seen the same people who are in an uproar about the shirt they deemed inappropriate get pissy at dress codes for "objectifying women's bodies" or some shit.

Rage: middle of the night, family up and about making enough noise to keep me awake, as usual. Of course, when I sleep late because of this, they get mad at me for staying up late. Also, my thingamajig wants to replace all commas with exclamation points again.
Take a closer look at this text!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46361 on: November 16, 2014, 01:03:03 am »

Wait whoa when did this topic ever move towards rape

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46362 on: November 16, 2014, 01:04:30 am »

Wait whoa when did this topic ever move towards rape

i've been told that he deserved all the crap he got because of that shirt

because of what he was wearing, to put it simply

gee where the fuck did i hear that one before.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46363 on: November 16, 2014, 01:09:19 am »

Dammit, LSP. Also, rapey-debatey thing is a bad idea. Make a thread for it if you really want to go there. Just don't forget to give us a link so we can watch it burn in Toadfire after about three posts.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46364 on: November 16, 2014, 01:13:13 am »

"Because wearing work-inappropriate clothing and getting chastised for it is the same thing as getting raped and having that blamed on one's clothing choices"

If I wear fishnets and a pvc miniskirt to work and am sent home for work-inappropriate attire, and am raped on the way home, being sent home due to my clothing choices is my problem but being raped still isn't. And no, this is not a false equivalency. There is a certain dress code that says "I am ready for work." There is not a dress code that says "Rape me now," because "consenting to rape" is an oxymoron by definition.
@_@
Man...that kind of reasoning.
Realistically, that isn't or shouldn't even be considered because of how unrealistic it is!
"Oh yes blame the victim--I mean nowhere was it stated that the rapist had a choice :V".

Rage at that kinda stupidity. 'Oh nooo, clothes provoked rape!' -.-
As if its even a debatable idea in the court or in any law that clothes provoke such ideas.

I rage at the stupidity of those things.
*hugs Vector TONS*
Don't dwell on it much :( It's better to attribute such ideas to...illogical reasoning.
Pages: 1 ... 3089 3090 [3091] 3092 3093 ... 3345