Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3087 3088 [3089] 3090 3091 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694479 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46320 on: November 15, 2014, 02:09:21 am »

I went to take a sip of coffee and somehow rammed the lip of the mug right into my front teeth. Ow.

At least it's better than going to take a sip of a hot beverage and getting sandpaper tongue because it's too hot.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46321 on: November 15, 2014, 07:04:35 am »

I fell asleep way too early yesterday and woke up at six this morning.

I MISSED DINNER DAMMIT

D:<
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #46322 on: November 15, 2014, 08:02:54 am »

Excellent.

The starving of the King has finally begun. The people shall rise up!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46323 on: November 15, 2014, 08:42:19 am »

I've been angry at my apartment-mate since literally day one.  Today I was fuming at her right before bed and it kept me from getting to sleep.  Her most recent offense?  Well, ok, that's the unidentifiable stain in the shower.  But her second most recent was taking money for the electric bill last month and then not paying it.  There's no hard evidence that she stole the money (she claims to have sent a money order that wasn't received) but her behavior surrounding the incident has been highly suspicious.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46324 on: November 15, 2014, 08:45:51 am »

Well, ok, that's the unidentifiable stain in the shower.
That... can't possibly be anything good. Ew.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46325 on: November 15, 2014, 08:56:06 am »

Its probably hair dye.  Apparently back in the dorms she washed out her hair dye in the sink and just left it all over their common bathroom until they all confronted her together and got her to clean it up.  A story I heard AFTER it was too late to easily turn back.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46326 on: November 15, 2014, 10:14:42 am »

My math teacher is an idiotic asshole that gives us tons of stupid, repetitive exercises.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46327 on: November 15, 2014, 10:36:13 am »

Write down the general case, then finish with "The numerical calculations are left as an exercise to the reader."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46328 on: November 15, 2014, 10:39:34 am »

Sadly the exercises clearly read "Solve for x"

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46329 on: November 15, 2014, 10:48:59 am »

So what? Solve for x in the general case! For ax^2 + bx + c = 0 this would be x = -b/(2a) ± sqrt((b/2)^2 - c), for example. What kind of exercises do you have to do? Algebra, analysis, geometry?

Edit: I was wrong, it has to be x = -b/(2a) ± sqrt((b/2a)^2 - c/a). Usually a is one anyway...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:28:32 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #46330 on: November 15, 2014, 10:49:51 am »

So, my drivers are all up to date and still my sound problems persist. Gonna have to bring it in to get looked at, I guess.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46331 on: November 15, 2014, 11:20:26 am »

So what? Solve for x in the general case! For ax^2 + bx + c = 0 this would be x = -b/(2a) ± sqrt((b/2)^2 - c), for example. What kind of exercises do you have to do? Algebra, analysis, geometry?
I have to do exactly the kind of exercises you just gave the general case for :P
(except that we learned sqrt(b^2-4ac)/2a instead of what you have written down).
I'm mainly pissed at this because there's two big French tests next week, plus a big Chemistry test.

All of them are done now. The only reason I'm doing them is because the teacher's going to check. I stopped doing the exercises one month into the year.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:22:21 am by miauw62 »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Someone Save mastahcheese Edition
« Reply #46332 on: November 15, 2014, 11:58:59 am »

If I hear the words "and when you're done with that" or "before you start that do this" I will slit someone's throat. Next time they wait until just before I leave to stay until closing, I will tell the NO. I managed to clear up the issue with my hours not getting paid, but I won't get that money until my next paycheck unless the payroll department fuck up again. I guess that means I don't have money for things like food for the next two weeks.

It doesn't help that my last meal was 10 hours ago, either. I want to stab somebody, but I simply don't have the energy to.

And to continue this, I try to go to a local deli for something. First, I find that my stepdad put my bike back in the garage(which is always locked) because he finally found room to put it, only he didn't tell me. Normally not a rage, but it only compounded my mood right then. I try to leave and find that several of the ties for my bike's basket broke(and unfortunately, that was my fault, not my stepdad). After replacing them I discover I have to change my pants, since the ones I was wearing don't split enough for my leg to get over the basket to get on my bike. When I get to the deli, I have to wait awhile at first because it looks like the manager is the only one there and I have to wait for him to get behind the deli counter... only to wait a few more minutes and discover the woman normally supposed to be working the deli counter was sitting in the freezer having an emotional breakdown.

This string of Murphy's Law continued when this morning, more of the ties of my bike basket broke off, including one that I had just replaced right before leaving. What's next, my paycheck is going to bounce?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46333 on: November 15, 2014, 12:04:08 pm »

When I get to the deli, I have to wait awhile at first because it looks like the manager is the only one there and I have to wait for him to get behind the deli counter... only to wait a few more minutes and discover the woman normally supposed to be working the deli counter was sitting in the freezer having an emotional breakdown.

Is this the deli that you work at????

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46334 on: November 15, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

No, but it's the deli where I get change for the bus to get to where I work, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 3087 3088 [3089] 3090 3091 ... 3345