Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3064 3065 [3066] 3067 3068 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691718 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Malum In Se Edition
« Reply #45975 on: November 08, 2014, 10:29:12 am »

I thought my be I'd be able to get some Shit done today, maybe force myself to start my NaNoWriMo story so people would stop bugging the shit out of me about that, and then my parents asked me if I would like to spend the weekend up to the camp that we've been jumping through hoops to blow all our money on instead of fixing my fucking room. Naturally, I said no, because there's stuff I wanted to do and it's freezing outside. She then threw a fit and told me that I was going to have to go up anyway, because everyone else would be going in the morning and god forbid I be out of her sight for an entire day and a half.

Kind of ironic, considering my parents never let my brother go to any of the school dances or anything unless they have like a week's notice, but yelled at me to "Suck it up and stop it with the attitude" when I say anything to object to it. I practically had her cornered and pointed out her incredibly obvious hypocrisy and inconsiderate actions, and she just basically told me "Shut up and deal with it, I can do whatever I want because I'm a parent".

The worst part of it is that my brother is up here to go hunting,  but I'm probably not going to be able to go for a walk or anything else that I would like to do, again, because God forbid her 16 year old son be out of her sight for a brief amount of time.

In other words, the camping trip is going to be like all our other camping trips, which are exactly like normal days at home, only worse because I can barely bring anything with me. I get to sit by myself and play video games and do nothing because I'm not allowed to be anothing except an automaton, while my twin brother is allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants and be as adventurous as he wants. The only hobby I have left that they haven't utterly ruined is guitar, and I barely even have the personal space to do that, and it's still just something my father keeps encouraging me to do so he can live vicariously through me.

Never in my life have I wanted to burn someone alive so much as I do now. What the fuck do I do to get my family to start respecting the fact that I am a fucking human?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45976 on: November 08, 2014, 10:32:23 am »

No sound is coming from my headphones. When they're plugged in, sound still goes through the laptop speakers.

Dammit.
Sounds like a jack problem. Did you hit it with compressed air?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #45977 on: November 08, 2014, 10:40:22 am »

Don't have any compressed air, so no.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45978 on: November 08, 2014, 10:52:25 am »

8 is really terrible and obnoxious.
for example, there's no intuitive way to get out of the app windows.

They fixed that in 8.1 App windows have a close and maximise button.

in 10 they won't even have to be fullscreen.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45979 on: November 08, 2014, 11:02:39 am »

So I just fucking woke up not ten fucking minutes ago.

I go to put phone on charger in the kitchen because the fucking charger in my room broke. Of course, parents are cleaning everything. no worries, I'll just have to pick up a few things in my room. They're telling me what I need to do while I walk through the noisiest bit of the house(fucking zumba for my sister and dog barking :c) so I tell them I'll be right there after I put my phone on my charger.

Apparently the 'I JUST WOKE UP' tone is freaking out and trying to keep a calm voice is having an oh so horrible attitude because cleaning was mentioned. I don't care if I'm in the wrong or right.

I just fucking woke up and you two are being mad at me for petty shit that you both go through as well :/

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45980 on: November 08, 2014, 11:34:20 am »

My stepdad tried to apologize for his comment about me yesterday... by saying that if the way I smell to him is indeed a medical condition I should go see a doctor about it. How I didn't stab him in the face at that moment, I don't know. There were knives in arm's reach any everything.

I just received my very first anon hate on tumblr today.
You're clearly new at this.
I have never received anon hate on tumblr. But then again, I don't have/do anything with tumblr.

Vista is basically 7 beta, imo.
Spoiler: Obligatory xkcd (click to show/hide)
* Akura  uses Vista and has no problems with it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45981 on: November 08, 2014, 12:09:10 pm »

The main annoyance I have had with Windows 7 is how it restricts even an administrators control over files and folders. Folders have to be owned by the current user to modify them or access them, modifying things in system folders had me looking through various obscure menus looking for a check-box to un-check. I've changed over the main ones since I got it but, eh... administrator should be total control, not half or 80%.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #45982 on: November 08, 2014, 01:01:14 pm »

Guess what? I fucked up on a class again!
Know what this means?
Of course, my mom got to rant at me and say how much she suffers because of me and slap me and make me feel terrified and horrible.

She said I didn't deserve to have friends over yesterday, nor deserve to go to a friend's party today, but of course in her eternal kindness she will allow me to.
Never mind that yesterday was the first time I felt I had actual friends I could trust in, the first time I think I've felt actual fun with someone else IRL.
I forgot the rule. "Whenever Caroline starts enjoying life, something will come back and bite her in the ass immediately afterwards."

I'm tired of this. Of fake help, of fake friends, of fake words and fake intentions of fake messages, of fake people and fake hopes, fake everything, fake feelings and fake meanings.
:x

* Worldmaster27 hugs Caroline

We're real, and we'll kidnap you eventually
Until then it's just support over the internet

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45983 on: November 08, 2014, 01:05:30 pm »

*Throws LSp at Caroline*

What, he was the nearest forumite to hand. I mean, he can't make it worse, right? Right?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45984 on: November 08, 2014, 01:07:22 pm »

* LordSlowpoke raises finger midflight

excuse me i saw you reaching over someone else before i were suddenly the clouds wow there are birds here yes hell-

* LordSlowpoke crashes through a roof

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #45985 on: November 08, 2014, 01:11:05 pm »

Speak of the Slowpoke, and he shall appear.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45986 on: November 08, 2014, 01:38:56 pm »

Speak of the Slowpoke, and he shall appear.
With delay, of course.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45987 on: November 08, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »

My stomach hurts like hell and I have diareha, but I can't leave work earlier because I'm the only one working this shift today and I'd feel back asking someone else to cover for me again, and all I'm getting is getting yelled at over the phone because I took a little bit of time out of my break to eat, instead of calling them immediately.

Fuuuuck...

*Offers hugs to Caroline, Iceblaster, and Akura*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #45988 on: November 08, 2014, 03:47:30 pm »

No sound is coming from my headphones. When they're plugged in, sound still goes through the laptop speakers.

Dammit.
You could say that it doesn't...
* Objective put on sunglasses
Do jack.
* YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guess what? I fucked up on a class again!
Know what this means?
Of course, my mom got to rant at me and say how much she suffers because of me and slap me and make me feel terrified and horrible.

She said I didn't deserve to have friends over yesterday, nor deserve to go to a friend's party today, but of course in her eternal kindness she will allow me to.
Never mind that yesterday was the first time I felt I had actual friends I could trust in, the first time I think I've felt actual fun with someone else IRL.
I forgot the rule. "Whenever Caroline starts enjoying life, something will come back and bite her in the ass immediately afterwards."

I'm tired of this. Of fake help, of fake friends, of fake words and fake intentions of fake messages, of fake people and fake hopes, fake everything, fake feelings and fake meanings.

* Objective hugs Caroline

I'm not going to be blithely optimistic, but I've been thinking about what to say to you for a while now and I feel like saying something is better than just being silent about it. :c

I've been in a really hostile environment too before I came to New Zealand. So uh, what I'm saying is that just hang in there, ok? Things will get better, and I'm not saying that for the sake of optimism. In pragmatic term, your parents aren't immortal and they'll die, or at least they'll lose control over you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45989 on: November 08, 2014, 04:43:41 pm »

Dammit.
You could say that it doesn't...
* Objective put on sunglasses
Do jack.
* YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
No, I suppose it doesn't. As well as this, for the last few weeks my computer speakers have cut out with no warning. The headphone thing happened yesterday. But the sound would cut out, and yet the volume control showed sound was being produced. To turn it back on, closing the lid of my laptop and opening it again, or disabling and then enabling my laptop seem to be the only methods. Sometimes, it would turn itself back on after a long enough time.

In short, the sound on my laptop is making me want to punch it, which may be counter productive.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3064 3065 [3066] 3067 3068 ... 3345