Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3063 3064 [3065] 3066 3067 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691618 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Malum In Se Edition
« Reply #45960 on: November 08, 2014, 02:18:12 am »

I honestly would rather have Mistake Edition than out-of-the-box 8 because you waste less time before installing a better OS. 8'll keep you dragging it out, "Oh, maybe I'll get used to it eventually, it isn't always so bad..."
ME gave me literal nightmares, no hyperbole. Literal literal. See, I started computer networking classes in 2000, and we just had to learn on the new OS.
Okay, now that I completely understand and sympathize with. Yikes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #45961 on: November 08, 2014, 02:34:08 am »

I'm still using Vista even though I could probably upgrade to 7 for free. But from what I've used the later I just don't see any obvious benefit for doing so, in fact there are even some minor design choices in 7 that piss me off to no end so there you have it. And I don't wanna touch 8, might as well wait for 10 and see what's up.

We'll join the Macs before going over to you.

* IronTomato draws a lightsaber

*bsheoowww*

... now THAT'S the real dark side.  :P
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45962 on: November 08, 2014, 02:34:49 am »

Your BBCode is a little borked there, Sinistar :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #45963 on: November 08, 2014, 03:44:15 am »

Vista is basically 7 beta, imo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45964 on: November 08, 2014, 03:53:33 am »

why is it when you tell people "i don't give a fuck shut up already" they take it as something like "i love your bullshit please tell me more"

just spent 20-30 minutes having some idiot tell me about their drunken adventures like it's the motherfucking odyssey

can't exactly focus on getting shit done around here if you can't even talk to other coworkers over that shitlord

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45965 on: November 08, 2014, 04:50:35 am »

Vista is basically 7 beta, imo.
Spoiler: Obligatory xkcd (click to show/hide)
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #45966 on: November 08, 2014, 05:02:15 am »

* Blargityblarg has had no real trouble with 8 on his laptop and thinks some of y'all need to suck it up
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45967 on: November 08, 2014, 07:55:12 am »

8 is really terrible and obnoxious.
for example, there's no intuitive way to get out of the app windows.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #45968 on: November 08, 2014, 08:07:44 am »

On a touchscreen, I found swiping in from the side pretty quickly (and there's always alt-tab). I wouldn't want to use it without a touchscreen, though. It's very touch-focused.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45969 on: November 08, 2014, 08:25:39 am »

My solution is not to use apps. My basic approach to 8 is 'pretend it's still 7' which has worked pretty well for me.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45970 on: November 08, 2014, 08:27:45 am »

My solution is not to use apps. My basic approach to 8 is 'pretend it's still 7' which has worked pretty well for me.
if you have to pretend it's something else, that means it's terrible.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45971 on: November 08, 2014, 08:31:28 am »

if you have to pretend it's something else, that means it's terrible.

Well, no. Windows 8 does Windows 8 alright; trouble is I'm not accustomed to Windows 8. Thing is, Windows 8 also does Windows 7 just about as well as Windows 7 does Windows 7, at least in my experience
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #45972 on: November 08, 2014, 08:55:44 am »

No sound is coming from my headphones. When they're plugged in, sound still goes through the laptop speakers.

Dammit.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45973 on: November 08, 2014, 10:14:05 am »

Good news: Now Youtube no longer crashes my computer randomly!

Bad news: Now it just crashes Firefox randomly!

This is a solid improvement Youtube, I'm proud of you, you've finally fucked up less notably than usual.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #45974 on: November 08, 2014, 10:29:12 am »

I thought my be I'd be able to get some Shit done today, maybe force myself to start my NaNoWriMo story so people would stop bugging the shit out of me about that, and then my parents asked me if I would like to spend the weekend up to the camp that we've been jumping through hoops to blow all our money on instead of fixing my fucking room. Naturally, I said no, because there's stuff I wanted to do and it's freezing outside. She then threw a fit and told me that I was going to have to go up anyway, because everyone else would be going in the morning and god forbid I be out of her sight for an entire day and a half.

Kind of ironic, considering my parents never let my brother go to any of the school dances or anything unless they have like a week's notice, but yelled at me to "Suck it up and stop it with the attitude" when I say anything to object to it. I practically had her cornered and pointed out her incredibly obvious hypocrisy and inconsiderate actions, and she just basically told me "Shut up and deal with it, I can do whatever I want because I'm a parent".

The worst part of it is that my brother is up here to go hunting,  but I'm probably not going to be able to go for a walk or anything else that I would like to do, again, because God forbid her 16 year old son be out of her sight for a brief amount of time.

In other words, the camping trip is going to be like all our other camping trips, which are exactly like normal days at home, only worse because I can barely bring anything with me. I get to sit by myself and play video games and do nothing because I'm not allowed to be anothing except an automaton, while my twin brother is allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants and be as adventurous as he wants. The only hobby I have left that they haven't utterly ruined is guitar, and I barely even have the personal space to do that, and it's still just something my father keeps encouraging me to do so he can live vicariously through me.

Never in my life have I wanted to burn someone alive so much as I do now. What the fuck do I do to get my family to start respecting the fact that I am a fucking human?
Pages: 1 ... 3063 3064 [3065] 3066 3067 ... 3345