Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3062 3063 [3064] 3065 3066 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692242 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Malum In Se Edition
« Reply #45945 on: November 07, 2014, 10:36:08 pm »

... vista's actually pretty painless once you rip all the irritating bits out of it and turn everything else off :I

GO's problem with it would appear to be having not done that.

And 8.0 is, in fact, not better than Vista. 8 is a nightmare, vista is merely initially irritating. XP's about on par... definitely better in the beginning, but after the various whatsit packs vista smoothed out a bit. Haven't used 7, so... eh.

7>XP>Vista>...insert all other versions here for mild exaggeration...>8. 7 was actually pretty good by Microsoft standards.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45946 on: November 07, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »

But..... Powershell 3.0

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #45947 on: November 07, 2014, 10:39:07 pm »

Can't stand 8 personally. Too many flashy things there to do nothing but be flashy, a completely pointless redesigned new home menu, an annoying multitasking system, and the fact that the internet connection list not only takes eons to load, it will actually completely stop working at times, preventing me form even opening it. It'd be great for a tablet, and passable for a touchscreen laptop, but all save worthless for anything else. Certainly pales in comparison to 7.
I actually thought you were comparing the actual numbers for a second there.
I was going to weigh in on how 7 is plotting with 8 against me and 4 seems like a pretty cool guy.
:P

Though 8 is pretty shifty. I don't really trust 4 much, either. 7 seems pretty cool, but I can't help but feel that he isn't telling me something. Now, 1, that's a guy I trust. Pretty much always completely straight with you, and easy to read when he isn't. Too much of a loner to conspire with anybody, too. Great guy, if you get past his quiet attitude. Bit of a braggart at times, though.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45948 on: November 07, 2014, 10:47:14 pm »

... vista's actually pretty painless once you rip all the irritating bits out of it and turn everything else off :I

And 8.0 is, in fact, not better than Vista. 8 is a nightmare, vista is merely initially irritating. XP's about on par... definitely better in the beginning, but after the various whatsit packs vista smoothed out a bit. Haven't used 7, so... eh.

7>XP>Vista>...insert all other versions here for mild exaggeration...>8>ME. 7 was actually pretty good by Microsoft standards.
FTFY.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45949 on: November 07, 2014, 10:50:49 pm »

7>XP>Vista>...insert all other versions here for mild exaggeration...>8>ME. 7 was actually pretty good by Microsoft standards.
FTFY.

I honestly would rather have Mistake Edition than out-of-the-box 8 because you waste less time before installing a better OS. 8'll keep you dragging it out, "Oh, maybe I'll get used to it eventually, it isn't always so bad..."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45950 on: November 07, 2014, 10:54:10 pm »

Windows 98 was really good for its time.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #45951 on: November 07, 2014, 10:56:08 pm »

2000 wasn't too bad, if I recall correctly.

Then again, I used 2000 for years before switching to XP, then to Linux in a matter of months. I'm biased.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45952 on: November 07, 2014, 10:59:39 pm »

2000 was terribad IMO. Then again, I went 98 -> XP -> 7 and am very happy with the choice made at each point.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45953 on: November 07, 2014, 11:12:18 pm »

Can't stand 8 personally. Too many flashy things there to do nothing but be flashy, a completely pointless redesigned new home menu, an annoying multitasking system, and the fact that the internet connection list not only takes eons to load, it will actually completely stop working at times, preventing me form even opening it. It'd be great for a tablet, and passable for a touchscreen laptop, but all save worthless for anything else. Certainly pales in comparison to 7.
I actually thought you were comparing the actual numbers for a second there.
I was going to weigh in on how 7 is plotting with 8 against me and 4 seems like a pretty cool guy.
:P

Though 8 is pretty shifty. I don't really trust 4 much, either. 7 seems pretty cool, but I can't help but feel that he isn't telling me something. Now, 1, that's a guy I trust. Pretty much always completely straight with you, and easy to read when he isn't. Too much of a loner to conspire with anybody, too. Great guy, if you get past his quiet attitude. Bit of a braggart at times, though.
See, 8 is regularly a cool guy, but seven likes messing with my multiplication tables, and when it teams up with 8 it becomes a headache. 4 feels more like someone who got sucked into it. 1 is... Eh. rarely does much of anything, but just sort of stands around in the background, when you think about it in retrospect. 1 is like a ghost of a number that is always there but still barely substantial, if you get what I mean. -1 is really interesting. It's 1s twin, and together the form a firm chain-link fence that keeps function transformations in order.

Personally, I like the roots of -1 much better. i and -i open up a whole new dimension for numbers!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #45954 on: November 07, 2014, 11:18:01 pm »

-snip-
Should I go get the still frames of Joe Biden eating a sandwich? Or would quoting Much Ado About Nothing be better? :P
2000 was terribad IMO. Then again, I went 98 -> XP -> 7 and am very happy with the choice made at each point.
I take it you like going on forums and complaining about games you've never played, too? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45955 on: November 07, 2014, 11:22:34 pm »

Oh gods, I'm kinda freaking out here.
I really don't want to go to work tomorrow, but it's a day that's been planned for quite some time. I want to just drop this whole "job" like something unpleasant pulled out of a drain, but my boss is a nice guy and I don't want to let him down on such short notice. I can't even put half of the stressful conflicts that are going on in my head into words. Arrrgghgh.

Please guys: what's a good excuse for not being able to work tomorrow? I was thinking I could say my grandmother died or something. Or maybe I became suddenly ill, but those sorts of stories are easy to see through if you aren't actually sick. Although I feel like I might be sick if this stress keeps churning my gut. :-X
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #45956 on: November 07, 2014, 11:31:50 pm »

If you actually don't want to let him down, why don't you just tell him the truth?
Or just go to work tomorrow.
I feel like he'd prefer either to you letting him down with some last minute excuse.

Of course, I have no idea why you don't want to go to work tomorrow, so ignore the above if it's not applicable...

But seriously, it's allergies. I spent almost a week a month during high school gaming at home "taking allergy tests". I'm still not sure how I got away with that.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #45957 on: November 08, 2014, 12:07:08 am »

Stress is very real... but also not accepted by most people as an excuse, and you waited a bit to give him a different one.  This probably isn't what you want to hear, but have you considered muddling through it?  $300 is a great payout for a day's work, even a completely miserable one.

(seriously though, sucks about the stress.  I've been there plenty)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45958 on: November 08, 2014, 12:42:19 am »

I honestly would rather have Mistake Edition than out-of-the-box 8 because you waste less time before installing a better OS. 8'll keep you dragging it out, "Oh, maybe I'll get used to it eventually, it isn't always so bad..."
ME gave me literal nightmares, no hyperbole. Literal literal. See, I started computer networking classes in 2000, and we just had to learn on the new OS.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45959 on: November 08, 2014, 12:57:12 am »

Thanks for the advice, Dutchling and EH. :)
I'm still not quite sure what I'm gonna do, but having someone else's input is a big help.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 3062 3063 [3064] 3065 3066 ... 3345