Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3025 3026 [3027] 3028 3029 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693187 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #45390 on: October 28, 2014, 09:09:51 am »

SO TELL ME AGAIN WHY HAVING 50 DIFFERENT KINDS OF FRUIT/CANDY/WHATEVER FLAVORED VODKA IS OKAY?
Matter of tastes? Here flavored vodka is drink by girls or when you are out of any other booze. I rather the original one.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Take a deep breath Edition
« Reply #45391 on: October 28, 2014, 09:11:24 am »

Livers are easier to replace than lungs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45392 on: October 28, 2014, 09:13:29 am »

Nenjin~ Listen to your wallet~ It's telling you to quit~

You mean listen to people trying to tell me what to do with my body, under the totally hypocritical justification that my habit should be singled out among fast cars, guns, booze and wellness-obliterating work-life balance?

Fuck 'em.
This reminds me of a rage.  I used to smoke these wonderful flavored cigarettes.  All sorts of different flavors.  Lime, orange, vanilla crème, Scotch, strawberry ...  And then the fucking government decided that shit had to be illegal because it was tempting children to smoke or some such bullshit. 

SO TELL ME AGAIN WHY HAVING 50 DIFFERENT KINDS OF FRUIT/CANDY/WHATEVER FLAVORED VODKA IS OKAY?

Because vodka doesn't give people cancer?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45393 on: October 28, 2014, 09:26:37 am »

You mean listen to people trying to tell me what to do with my body, under the totally hypocritical justification that my habit should be singled out among fast cars, guns, booze and wellness-obliterating work-life balance?

Fuck 'em.
This reminds me of a rage.  I used to smoke these wonderful flavored cigarettes.  All sorts of different flavors.  Lime, orange, vanilla crème, Scotch, strawberry ...  And then the fucking government decided that shit had to be illegal because it was tempting children to smoke or some such bullshit. 

Because vodka doesn't give people cancer?

No, just cirrhosis of the liver, dead brain cells, drunk driving accidents, unplanned pregnancies, beaten spouses and out-of-work alcoholics.

None of those happen from cigarettes no matter how many you smoke. So again, fuck double standards.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45394 on: October 28, 2014, 09:28:19 am »

Kevak out of all people telling somebody to quit is kind of precious.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45395 on: October 28, 2014, 09:39:22 am »

No,... drunk driving accidents
None of those happen from cigarettes no matter how many you smoke. So again, fuck double standards.
Well.. not entirely true.
Man drops cigarette, runs over own head
David R.Verdi, KUSA-TV, Denver7:49 p.m. EDT October 26, 2014

(Photo: Daniel Acker, Bloomberg News)

AURORA, Colo. — An unidentified Colorado man suffered life-threatening injuries Sunday morning when he jumped out of his vehicle to avoid being burnt by a lit cigarette he had dropped down the front of his jacket — and was run over by his own car.
The incident occurred on the 15900 block of East Nassau Drive in Aurora at 6:37 a.m. while the man backed his vehicle out of a driveway.
As the driver jumped out after the cigarette fell, his van kept rolling backwards and he was knocked to the ground. The front driver's side tire rolled over his head.
He was transported to a local hospital and is in critical condition, though police say he will likely survive.
A relative was in the front passenger seat during the crash and he was not hurt. Alcohol is not a suspected factor in the crash, and police do not anticipate filing any charges. They remind drivers of the dangers of distractions and encourage them to limit distractions whenever possible.

:D hehehe

I do agree however on all the other things. However drinking moderately should not result on all those things you say. Smoking moderately (such thing exists?) will still land your ass on cancer sooner or later.

Key is abuse here. As everything, when you abuse something, no matter how healthy, bad or whatever, you'll end hurt.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:50:40 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45396 on: October 28, 2014, 09:43:15 am »

Also, second hand smoking is a thing. Second hand drinking... Not directly, at the least.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #45397 on: October 28, 2014, 09:44:38 am »

Also, second hand smoking is a thing. Second hand drinking... Not directly, at the least.

That, perhaps, is the greatest issue. You can drink and you alone will face the consequences of the alcohol in your system. You smoke, and everyone within X meters of you get the same downsides you do, involuntarily.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45398 on: October 28, 2014, 10:21:01 am »

That, perhaps, is the greatest issue. You can drink and you alone will face the consequences of the alcohol in your system. You smoke, and everyone within X meters of you get the same downsides you do, involuntarily.

That's bullshit, as outlined above. Yes, people can drink responsibly. As a species, in America? We do not.

And I'm getting sick of "oh I breathed your smoke. Now I have cancer forever." That's the kind of alarmist crap that fuels demonizing it. Yes, if you hot box with your kids in the car, they'll get cancer. And those people should be shot. No one is in disagreement about that. But don't foist those fears on to every smoker, everywhere. Seriously, take your above statement: "You drink alone...." Now apply it to smoking. "You smoke alone...."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:23:54 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #45399 on: October 28, 2014, 10:27:38 am »

Yes, smoking is bad. But if people want to do it, it's their decision. As long as they're not allowed to do it indoors, or enclosed spaces, where it could be a health risk/public nuisance.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #45400 on: October 28, 2014, 10:31:45 am »

Fuck 'em.
Err, comparing a personal negative to other negatives don't cancel out each other. Life isn't math in that context :-\

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #45401 on: October 28, 2014, 10:47:42 am »

Why don't we all smoke something other than tobacco?

Like, you know, something less addictive?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45402 on: October 28, 2014, 10:51:09 am »

Good point!

Ok, so I tried smoking a cheeto.  While it caught fire quite nicely, as a non smoker I don't know for certain if it had the desired effect.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #45403 on: October 28, 2014, 10:57:12 am »

I remember that Arby 'n' the Chief tried smoking cereal once. I've never tried it.

/weirdjoke

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #45404 on: October 28, 2014, 10:58:14 am »

Why don't we all smoke something other than tobacco?

Like, you know, something less addictive?
I'd rather not
Pages: 1 ... 3025 3026 [3027] 3028 3029 ... 3345