Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3021 3022 [3023] 3024 3025 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693725 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #45330 on: October 27, 2014, 09:08:03 pm »

Though, to be fair, quitting smoking, even if you do literally *nothing* else health-wise, is literally the best health-related factor you can change. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #45331 on: October 27, 2014, 09:08:41 pm »

Also, even to those who aren't particularly sensitive, it smells like arse. I regularly hold my breath when walking past smokers, not because I'm trying to be passive aggressive, but because I don't want to smell it or breathe it.

Same.

Living in Illinois has given me a bit of a culture shock whenever I go out of state, ever since they passed those stricter laws about smoking near public buildings and business you barely ever see anyone smoking back home.
It's FEF, not FEOF

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45332 on: October 27, 2014, 09:09:34 pm »

I suggest just not doing it in public, it can and will cause health issues, even from fifty feet away.

Paranoia. You're getting as many carcinogens breathing exhaust in traffic, or sitting around a camp fire.

But don't let me stop you from trying to make your personal bubble 200 feet in every direction.

Though, to be fair, quitting smoking, even if you do literally *nothing* else health-wise, is literally the best health-related factor you can change. :v

Duly noted. And dismissed. I'm not killing myself. I'm shaving off the years I'm not going to want to be alive anyways.

And Frumple, while I'm not going to doubt your personal experience, I find that almost impossible to believe.

Let me put my rage into perspective. My dad quit smoking in his 30s. And for about 10 years, I had to put with his constant bullshit. I'd walk into the house and have to listen to, shouted from the upstairs bedroom "I can smell you from here!" Everyone seems to think smoking is their goddamn business, when it's nobodies but my own and I'm honestly fucking sick of a) the well-meaning but stupid and redundant health advice and b) the high horse everyone sits on while they do it. I'll have to stop there as my own thread rules prevent me from finishing that thought the way I'd like to.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:17:13 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Take a deep breath Edition
« Reply #45333 on: October 27, 2014, 09:12:20 pm »

That's kind of a weird way to think about health. :V It's not about making your last years last longer, but making your early-to-middle years not suck donkey cock.

Of course, we'll probably figure out how to fix the human body before long, so you know, whatever. At any rate, it's cheaper to not smoke :v
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #45334 on: October 27, 2014, 09:16:43 pm »

You're getting as many carcinogens breathing exhaust in traffic, or sitting around a camp fire.

But don't let me stop you from trying to make your personal bubble 200' feet in every direction.

Duly noted. And dismissed. I'm not killing myself. I'm shaving off the years I'm not going to want to be alive anyways.

1)[citation needed] on the traffic/campfire thing

2) People aren't inflating their personal bubbles; they don't give a shit that there's smoke over there across the road. The smoke they give a shit about is the stuff right next to them; the bubble zone is a couple feet across, the sphere of influence of the smoke is what's massive.

3)Unfortunately, just as you're moving the date of death on up, you're also moving the date of debilitating, quality-of-life-obliterating illness.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45335 on: October 27, 2014, 09:17:38 pm »

Not paranoia, fact. Ciggarrete smoke is several factors more carcinogenic then either of those (still fun wanna breath them)

And even if you don't want to think of it health wise. Think of it moneywise. What could you do with those ten dollars per box instead of buying deathsticks? *coughstarwarsreferencecough*

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #45336 on: October 27, 2014, 09:21:00 pm »

Guys, I think he got the message, yes, smoking when you aren't the one smoking smells like crap and is horrible for you but it is his choice.
It doesn't matter how large or how numerous the donkey peeni he has to suck are in the future, it only matters if others have to do so as well because of his actions.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45337 on: October 27, 2014, 09:21:51 pm »

And Frumple, while I'm not going to doubt your personal experience, I find that almost impossible to believe.
Wind is a sumbitch. Also the stuff really is almost... virulent, in how the smell gets around. Like, to parallel your blurb: When I visit my aunt, sometimes I actually can smell her husband from the upstairs rooms when he comes in from a smoke. Not to say your dad wasn't just being an ass, but the stuff really gets around, especially when you're sensitive to it.

It's... do what y'want, y'know? But cig smoke really can reach out and touch folks, at least from what I've experienced. Either that or I'm some kind of freakish smoke psychic that can detect its aetheric emanations or some bullshit like that. I wouldn't mind a different manifestation.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45338 on: October 27, 2014, 09:25:17 pm »

Buy something else that someone else will tell me I shouldn't buy.

Seriously, if everyone had fucking nannies harrassing them about the food they eat, the fun they have and the things they do that were bad for their health, we'd all be murderous rampaging psychopaths, because no one likes being made a pariah for something that nothing to do with anyone else. We've done away with the behaviors of smokers that endanger others, and smokers have rightly accepted that. But people still can't fuck off. Not with the advice. Not with the double, triple taxation. And not with the completely fucking ludicrous extent to which they'll inflate their personal bubble on a whim to make a point that they don't like smoking.

Just imagine everyone chiming in that sitting around playing video games all days gives you a bad back, hemorrhoids, makes you fat and unsociable. Oh wait. They do. And people who play games resent that. Or imagine every time you get some fast food that is terrible for you, some dick on the corner looks at you like a sub-human, second-class citizen, or gags at the mere sight of the food you find delicious.

It's hypocrisy, particularly since I go to great lengths to keep my habit out of other people's lives. But that's not good enough. No, the thing I enjoy, bad as it is, has to be demonized, stigmatized and fucking eradicated by every quasi-legal means possible. 

Guys, I think he got the message, yes, smoking when you aren't the one smoking smells like crap and is horrible for you but it is his choice.
It doesn't matter how large or how numerous the donkey peeni he has to suck are in the future, it only matters if others have to do so as well because of his actions.

Thank you. If I was one of those truly thoughtless pricks who belligerently flaunted my habit in front of others, the hate would be justified. But that describes pretty much no smoker these days, as everyone has been shamed and brow-beaten to the point where it's not even close to socially acceptable to act that way. I go and hide around the corner, like a good little whipped smoker. But I'm not going to go hide in my fucking car. I don't care what anyone's health problems are, you don't own the fucking air.

I mean, look at this thread. Look how many people dog piled on to tell me what I've been listening to for 15 goddamn, rage-inducing years.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:32:15 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #45339 on: October 27, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »

What could you do with those ten dollars per box instead of buying deathsticks?
Yeah, you can buy loads of crack for ten dollars.
My opinion? Fuck it, do what you want. Maybe consider buying an e-cig so I don't die from cancer, but whatever. It's hardly like I can stand as a bastion of health when the rare occasions I go outside and exercise are to walk to the shop so that I can buy sweets so I can ruin my teeth and get diabetes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45340 on: October 27, 2014, 09:30:38 pm »

I don't really think e-cigs are much healthier for you. And while it supposedly is less offensive to everyone else, my work already banned e-cigs in the building. And it actually pisses me off to watch people smoke e-cigs in buildings. Not because *I* can't do the same, but because I'm so well-trained by our culture I find it offensive to do it inside at all.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45341 on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:38 pm »

One final (Canadian) point though:

Kind of does affect others in the long run, because Health Care.

Insurance, I guess, for you guys, but you pay more premiums (is that the word?) for being a smoker so I guess it balances in that regard?

Also drinking, driving, non-exercise, etc, etc, lots of food, etc, same ballpark.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #45342 on: October 27, 2014, 09:34:02 pm »

Meh, bleeding yourself is a lot cheaper than intentionally compromising your respiration.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45343 on: October 27, 2014, 09:35:37 pm »

Wow guys just let the man smoke if he wants to smoke jesus. It's his choice and he can legally decide to inhale concentrated smoke if he wants.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45344 on: October 27, 2014, 09:36:15 pm »

Meh, bleeding yourself is a lot cheaper than intentionally compromising your respiration.

But it's not half as satisfying.
Pages: 1 ... 3021 3022 [3023] 3024 3025 ... 3345