Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3017 3018 [3019] 3020 3021 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693754 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #45270 on: October 27, 2014, 07:40:17 am »

For some irrational reason I hate the "Once Upon a Time" tv series. I really do and it's irrational. Somehow I got the idea that the show premise is stupid and dull, and lacks real creativity being little more than a half arsed mash up of other people ideas.

I don't watch it, nobody I know does but I still hate it with with hot passion. For some reason now it really bothers me the Frozen crossover thinghy (from outside it seems they ran out of ideas or something, I don't know).

Every time there's a commercial about it I change the channel. And yes, again, I know it's kind of irrational but the commercials and little segments I have seen on tv while doing zapping made me get that idea about the show.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #45271 on: October 27, 2014, 08:47:50 am »

I am sick and fucking tired of my mother telling me I'm not fit enough. We were thinking about going on a some trail in the mountains which was fourteen miles long, but Mom seems to enjoy telling me that I need to become a bodybuilder or something by the time I'm able to hike that trail.

Now, let me tell you a story. Last year, my mother and I decided we'd spend about an hour and a half going for walks (meaning we walk up and down our road, since god forbid I get to go somewhere interesting or try something new) and if Mom's phone is anything to trust, we would walk two or three miles before we were done. I'm no good at running because of my asthma, but I was good at walking, which was why I would always be the one who was unaffected when we were finished and she would be the one who was huffing and puffing. And now she's telling me that I would never survive walking fourteen miles, but somehow she will, despite being just as heavy as she was back then.

I fucking hate my family so much, I fucking hate all the people who think they're my friends, and I've had enough of this shit but I know it's never going to stop.

EDIT: This is the first time in a few days that I've had the energy to check the forums, what a lovely way to be back.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #45272 on: October 27, 2014, 09:07:57 am »

Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45273 on: October 27, 2014, 09:10:35 am »

No, no, there's also waiting for a few more years, clawing together financial independence, and then moving out and telling all of them what they can shove up their collective orifices.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #45274 on: October 27, 2014, 09:11:24 am »

Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
I need to change my signature.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:14:26 am by IronTomato »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #45275 on: October 27, 2014, 09:11:42 am »

No, no, there's also waiting for a few more years, clawing together financial independence, and then moving out and telling all of them what they can shove up their collective orifices.

130% rational response to your mom saying you should get fit

I need to change my signature.

If you try to change it, it's going straight into my sig

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45276 on: October 27, 2014, 09:12:16 am »

Read story about a Muslim girl who was forced into a "mental hospital" and got electroshock "therapy" because she expressed atheist beliefs.  She only got out because she made up a story about an angel visiting her in her dreams and showing her what heaven looked like and that she was totally 100% Muslim now.

The world continues to do nothing to convince me that psychiatry isn't quack medicine. 

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45277 on: October 27, 2014, 09:21:18 am »

Read story about a Muslim girl who was forced into a "mental hospital" and got electroshock "therapy" because she expressed atheist beliefs.  She only got out because she made up a story about an angel visiting her in her dreams and showing her what heaven looked like and that she was totally 100% Muslim now.

The world continues to do nothing to convince me that psychiatry isn't quack medicine.

right

from now on i assume you believe that tumblr is what all feminism is about, and the democratic people's republic of korea is the world standard of democracy, people, republics and koreas

or do you just apply this logic to mental health

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45278 on: October 27, 2014, 10:01:27 am »

Psychiatry is not necessarily quack medicine. As a bread knife is not necessarily a murder weapon or I'm not necessarily Batman just because I say so.

In that particular case the people that did that to her wasn't much psychiatrists as retarded religious bigoted bastards that deserved to be castrated and put to work until death under the most excruciating conditions.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45279 on: October 27, 2014, 10:03:01 am »

Don't know if I'm supposed to have work tomo-- today or not. Ughhh. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #45280 on: October 27, 2014, 10:15:04 am »

I thought psychiatry was the medical study, and psychology the 'softer', less scientific subject.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45281 on: October 27, 2014, 10:33:39 am »

I'm still alive. Is that enough to show that psychiatry is not in fact quack medicine?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45282 on: October 27, 2014, 10:35:47 am »

From what I know:

Psychiatry is a science, medical science or medical specialization that some medics do.

Psychiatrist are medics as much as your regular surgeon and can prescript you with medicines or operate your appendix in case of emergency as good as say, a dermatologist can.

Psychiatrists would deal with people with pathologies caused by malfunctioning brains and can and do prescribe drugs that help fix, combat or reduce those things that aren't working properly

On the other hand psychologists are indeed less scientific (not that they lack methodology, it's still a science, but more a social one) but it's more a social area that deal with feelings and such. That's it, things that are not pathologies. Regularly a psychologist would deal with people trying to cope experiences, feelings or other things of that nature, but wouldn't be able to prescript anything unless it has a pharmacology specialization.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #45283 on: October 27, 2014, 11:20:12 am »

I thought psychiatry was the medical study, and psychology the 'softer', less scientific subject.
Oh wow. Less "scientific". >_> The words burn a ton. Please word it in a better way to not be misinterpreted due to the vast meanings of 'scientific'. [not directed at anyone in particular despite Skyru's quote here, just at the...terminology used]

*also rage at info in Shakerag's post*
Wherein negativity rules because of generalization~

Love these recent events.[/sarcasm]
I mean bloody hell this is why exactly I'm very annoyed at how ideas are propagated. The fault of one, individual area or facility spreads like wildfire to affect all similar institutions in name.
Just like stigma towards mentally ill people!
Just like stigma towards schizophrenics.
Just like stigma believing alcoholics and drug/substance abusers will never life a wholesome life due to their actions.

Labels, assumptions--rather, unwarranted assumptions, lacking understanding, the very meaning of stigma and discrimination-...Gah.

Funny that it reminds me of what I'm fighting against ever since a young age >_> This misinformation...

...Granted, the danger is amplified when professionals, wielding such power and trust of their role in society, bend and lack awareness and thought to counter these, and rather add to the problem. Mmph.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:44:04 am by Tiruin »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45284 on: October 27, 2014, 12:18:34 pm »

It never rains, but it pours.
Pages: 1 ... 3017 3018 [3019] 3020 3021 ... 3345