Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3001 3002 [3003] 3004 3005 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696639 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #45030 on: October 22, 2014, 01:33:11 pm »

RE: Jokeban: The police have never shot unarmed civilians. The police have always been perfectly nice.[/doublethink]

On another note, my mom has apparently decided that the fact that I cannot do an essay is my fault, even though she's the one that stopped me from going to school today.
>:(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45031 on: October 22, 2014, 02:24:33 pm »

Also, I've been married 10 years to someone I met on the internet in 1996.

But you wouldn't have married her if she hadn't emigrated from internet to meatspace, would you?

people migrating from the internet to meatspace makes about as much sense as being upset that your flamebait didn't pan out

sure you might be emotionally invested in that but still it's just not meant to be

I have no idea what you're even trying to say.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #45032 on: October 22, 2014, 02:26:03 pm »

I assume: "People moving from the internet to reality doesn't make any sense"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45033 on: October 22, 2014, 03:38:29 pm »

I really have no idea how things are going to pan out at this stage.

I'm not sure if this is fixable or not at this stage. It may be, I'm not fully sure. I'm not even sure if fixing it would be worth it, if it's just going to go back to the way things were.

I'm just very uncertain at this point.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45034 on: October 22, 2014, 03:48:48 pm »

I really have no idea how things are going to pan out at this stage.

I'm not sure if this is fixable or not at this stage. It may be, I'm not fully sure. I'm not even sure if fixing it would be worth it, if it's just going to go back to the way things were.

I'm just very uncertain at this point.
I wish I had a good advice to give, but I dont. Just go over what you can't stand happening now and why, and say that there. If she keeps stonewalling and denying that happens at all like you have said... well, you can't change the relationship alone.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #45035 on: October 22, 2014, 04:05:01 pm »

*unplugs from the Matrix
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45036 on: October 22, 2014, 04:10:18 pm »

Yeah. It requires both to heal a relationship. I've learned myself that if one person doesn't want to make things better... it won't.

You're still doing the right thing, hard as it is, and you'll be better for it once you push through.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #45037 on: October 22, 2014, 04:51:53 pm »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45038 on: October 22, 2014, 05:01:25 pm »

Hm?

No, sir, this invention will turn a steady profit, it....

Where'd it go?

*Employee runs off with the internet-woman-maker*
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45039 on: October 22, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »

Spend several hours trying to get software to work on a customer's server.

Call in the big guns with teh big brains to help me out.

Big brains spends two hours on it with no success.

We roll back to an earlier version that handles the logging output differently.

And lo, what do you we find? Not only are 32-bit applications disabled on this server.....the entire framework for enabling them is just fucking gone.

What hamfisted tech monkey thought it was a good idea to only allow 64-bit applications to run on this server? My mind is full of fuck.

BTW, I'm not really checking the thread with my usual intensity, because something about browsing forums on a laptop in a hotel room is highly unpleasant to me. So please continue to behave and police yourselves.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #45040 on: October 22, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »

Also, I've been married 10 years to someone I met on the internet in 1996.

But you wouldn't have married her if she hadn't emigrated from internet to meatspace, would you?

We knew each other online for 4 years.  We then lived together for 4 years before getting married, but had never physically met before she came to live with me.  There is a lot of unusual circumstance behind our relationship.  The bottom line is I convinced my parents to rescue her from imminent homelessness.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45041 on: October 22, 2014, 05:12:06 pm »

Wow, how'd you do that?

If I told my parents I wanted a person from the internet to stay with us...they'd be less than pleased.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45042 on: October 22, 2014, 05:13:04 pm »

WHAT.
I mean, I'm pretty sure that almost all hardware sold nowadays is 64bit, but there's an ass ton of programs out there that only have 32bit versions. You just can't go 64bit only on a windows PC, and while I have almost no experience with servers but I imagine it's a similar picture.
Also, how does one have enough tech savy to be able to completely remove 32bit support yet not realize it's a terribad idea?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #45043 on: October 22, 2014, 05:25:55 pm »

Wow, how'd you do that?

If I told my parents I wanted a person from the internet to stay with us...they'd be less than pleased.

My parents are decent people who could understand my distress at knowing that one of my best friends was about to be homeless, especially as someone who hadn't had many friends.  They have their faults, but compared to most people, I really lucked out.

My wife, however, might as well not have a family at all.  They're the fucking worst.  Which is why she almost became homeless.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:29:48 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45044 on: October 22, 2014, 05:36:50 pm »

WHAT.
I mean, I'm pretty sure that almost all hardware sold nowadays is 64bit, but there's an ass ton of programs out there that only have 32bit versions. You just can't go 64bit only on a windows PC, and while I have almost no experience with servers but I imagine it's a similar picture.
Also, how does one have enough tech savy to be able to completely remove 32bit support yet not realize it's a terribad idea?

Right?!?!? It's telling that they have this brand new server side-by-side with the old one....and there's nothing on it but Quickbooks. No one has actually messed with the server beyond the initial networking. (Which, thank god, they seemed to have done correctly.) I tried to contact these guys before I even left town to start set up, which would have revealed this problem several days earlier....

Oh and their 3rd party tech guy is "wicked smahrt" (I'm in Massachusets.) If he's so wicked fucking smart, why did he effectively cripple their server?

I've got two more days here, and I fucking pray we get this sorted out before I leave. At least we can say with confidence that we didn't do it, and we can't fix it.

Seriously, the more I work with random truck parts yards, the more I realize these people get exploited by people in the tech industry, because they don't know shit and don't want to know shit. Which leaves the mess for.......other tech people to clean up. Christ, I could have told them in 20 minutes there was something fundamentally wrong with their server, if they'd only let me touch the thing before I flew 1000 miles to get here.

In other news, our sysadmin, who literally holds all the keys to the castle at work, was almost killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday. We've joked constantly about what we'd do if he was hit by a bus.....and it almost came true. And now we're down one of the most critical parts of our infrastructure for 2 months or more while he recovers.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:45:47 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 3001 3002 [3003] 3004 3005 ... 3345