Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2994 2995 [2996] 2997 2998 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691930 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #44925 on: October 21, 2014, 03:39:21 am »

Yup, had to double check again, I do still dislike OCaml... I really hate coding in it...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44926 on: October 21, 2014, 08:03:45 am »

I don't know whether to cry, or give up and laugh like the madman I feel like I've been driven to.

No, they have done nothing wrong. It is, in fact, only myself being insane and selfish. The audacity of my actions, that I would rather be at the library for a day, because all they ever wanted from me was 5 minutes.

I think I may seriously end up getting a divorce soon. She said "Go ahead and go live with your grandparents if that's what you want", and told me to go ahead and take the car and apartment, since clearly nothing matters to me anymore but myself.

I can't stop shaking right now, and I can't tell anymore if it's from cold, or some kind of mix of emotions.

...I'm leaning towards the madman-laughing, myself.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44927 on: October 21, 2014, 08:24:49 am »

That is terrible. Why does it seem like everyone you come into contact with is a complete hypocritical idiot? *manhug*

RAAEG: We're reading Beowulf in our English class. I loved reading Hamlet, but this is probably the most boring thing I've read in ever.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44928 on: October 21, 2014, 08:26:05 am »

told me to go ahead and take the car and apartment
Get that shit recorded and/or the statement written, signed, and notarized. Physical evidence would be really great, considering it sounds like you're dealing with the sort of person that will happily 180 on statements like that if it comes before a judge.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #44929 on: October 21, 2014, 08:28:58 am »

I don't know whether to cry, or give up and laugh like the madman I feel like I've been driven to.

No, they have done nothing wrong. It is, in fact, only myself being insane and selfish. The audacity of my actions, that I would rather be at the library for a day, because all they ever wanted from me was 5 minutes.

I think I may seriously end up getting a divorce soon. She said "Go ahead and go live with your grandparents if that's what you want", and told me to go ahead and take the car and apartment, since clearly nothing matters to me anymore but myself.

I can't stop shaking right now, and I can't tell anymore if it's from cold, or some kind of mix of emotions.

...I'm leaning towards the madman-laughing, myself.
:S
I pity that family, and your wife--for her learning from her family and having lacking intervention to stop her from imitating them.

No drowning into insanity MC :/
Talk to them. Tell them examples that contradict their narrowmindedness of 'You can't even spend 5 minutes with us'.
You need to communicate, kuya. :-\ Without communication (and/or bottling up the emotions), they'll be free to assume whatever they want because of lacking stimulus.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:34:11 am by Tiruin »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44930 on: October 21, 2014, 10:02:54 am »

I've finally realized that I'm dealing with people who completely lack the fundamental capability of seeing things from another person's perspective.

I have tried so many times, and every time, my exaplainations have been met with... Just illogical levels of denial, to the point where they will literally try to change the past, and accuse me of mis-remembering things to avoid being proven wrong.

I can't... Handle this any longer. I really feel like I'm drowning into insanity because of this.
But I won't.

I'm making it out of this.
The Derail Thread

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #44931 on: October 21, 2014, 10:28:44 am »

I've finally realized that I'm dealing with people who completely lack the fundamental capability of seeing things from another person's perspective.

I have tried so many times, and every time, my exaplainations have been met with... Just illogical levels of denial, to the point where they will literally try to change the past, and accuse me of mis-remembering things to avoid being proven wrong.

I can't... Handle this any longer. I really feel like I'm drowning into insanity because of this.
But I won't.

I'm making it out of this.
Go MC! You can do this! We believe in you!
Lots of love, all of Bay12 games.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44932 on: October 21, 2014, 10:30:14 am »

My word.  I have the absolutely most boring family as compared to everyone on here.  From about the time I was 8-ish, my parents pretty much left me alone, and I had almost no restrictions on what I could do.  Granted, I would have liked a little more involvement from them outside of toys, shelter, food, and transportation, but compared to what I've seen from most other peoples' parents, I'm not really complaining. 

My significant other is still (after a year and a half) in bewilderment that I was (and still am) pretty "meh" about my mother dying.  I never really knew her knew her, so there just never was that strong of a connection. 

So to present and future parents I would say, don't just not be a dick to your kids, make sure you get to know them as a person and let them get to know you as a person, not just 'mom' or 'dad'. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #44933 on: October 21, 2014, 10:44:30 am »

My word.  I have the absolutely most boring family as compared to everyone on here.  From about the time I was 8-ish, my parents pretty much left me alone, and I had almost no restrictions on what I could do.  Granted, I would have liked a little more involvement from them outside of toys, shelter, food, and transportation, but compared to what I've seen from most other peoples' parents, I'm not really complaining. 

My significant other is still (after a year and a half) in bewilderment that I was (and still am) pretty "meh" about my mother dying.  I never really knew her knew her, so there just never was that strong of a connection. 

So to present and future parents I would say, don't just not be a dick to your kids, make sure you get to know them as a person and let them get to know you as a person, not just 'mom' or 'dad'.
Indulgent parenting. @_@ Or..uninvolved?
Sorry, just remember an old lesson a few times back.
Linkie here
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:46:28 am by Tiruin »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #44934 on: October 21, 2014, 10:56:22 am »

Same thing, Shakerag.

I know my parents both love me and they always took great care of me. There's just not much I have in common with them :/
Living in a home with a ton of foster children didn't help either. Not that I'm complaining about that, as clearly someone has to take care of them.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44935 on: October 21, 2014, 11:42:56 am »

Indulgent parenting. @_@ Or..uninvolved?
Sorry, just remember an old lesson a few times back.
Linkie here

Sometimes, there is no hard border -^'-'^-

Also, because you linked that site, I accidentally... well, it's more of a Happy thread thing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44936 on: October 21, 2014, 12:17:26 pm »

Fucking windows 8.

I start useing it for the first time in a few years (because the windows 7 computer I was using at this location was moved to another) and they decide to force me to sit thru 10 min of shit that makes fucking GOOGLE look simple. I mean, what the fuck would I have done if I dident have a fucking cellphone? Answer, nothing. I had to enter a cellphone number. Then theres the bullshit with "oh, you must access yer email from another device to get a code to let you logon here" and then the pure fucking BULLSHIT with the passwords.

I actually had hope for fucking windows 8 again, and they killed it in 15 seconds.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44937 on: October 21, 2014, 12:26:38 pm »

It's almost gotten to the point where I could make a flowchart of their reactions to me.
They're once again back to trying to guilt me, saying "don't worry, I'll never ask for anything ever again, just like you wanted."
Maybe I should time it to see how long until it gets back to threats to leave, or comparisons to my parents.
The Derail Thread

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44938 on: October 21, 2014, 12:40:13 pm »

It's almost gotten to the point where I could make a flowchart of their reactions to me.
They're once again back to trying to guilt me, saying "don't worry, I'll never ask for anything ever again, just like you wanted."
Maybe I should time it to see how long until it gets back to threats to leave, or comparisons to my parents.
Hmm, if the change is precise enough, you could use them to replace the atomic clock. This could be Nobel Prize material!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #44939 on: October 21, 2014, 12:44:50 pm »

Mastah, stop being passive-aggressive and start being AGGRESSIVE-AGGRESSIVE. If they are so damned determined to demonize you (alliteration ho!) then let them. Stop giving them money past what they need, and start establishing boundaries on how they can and cannot treat you.

You're a nice guy Mastahcheese.
Nice doesn't mean doormat.
Teach them the difference, and if they don't respect that difference, oh fuckin well. Too bad for their soon to be back on the street asses.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 2994 2995 [2996] 2997 2998 ... 3345