Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2985 2986 [2987] 2988 2989 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693899 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Foot is afoot Edition
« Reply #44790 on: October 18, 2014, 08:42:46 pm »

Basically, if you have a gun barrel and nothing else, treat it as loaded.
You treat that loose barrel like it is specifically waiting to be pointed at someone, so that it may leap out, strangle them to death, frame you for the murder, and then bang your sister in your own bed. Gun safety is important, otherwise you end up in prison and the uncle of a hold-out pistol.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44791 on: October 18, 2014, 08:43:48 pm »

Silly murricans and their gun control laws[Or lack thereof]  ;D

Canadia FTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44792 on: October 18, 2014, 08:49:56 pm »

My... science senses/OCD are tingling.

Well Glass doesn't biodegrade in nature within an acceptable timescale (makes sense, glass is essentially a rock).

As well my sources tell me that it takes a HECK of a lot of time for glass to erode even under the running water of a stream.
Glass ain't gonna biodegrade, period. It will weather into sand eventually, but that'll take a long while and in the meantime he left glass shards effectively invisble in a stream for someone to step on.

When I went to Maine for Thanksgiving I was told I should wear brightly colored hats so I wouldn't get shot by hunters.
That is a good thing to do during hunting season. A good hunter shouldn't shoot unless they have a confirmed target, but you really don't want to take any chances. You don't want any game between and a hunter and for the hunter to not see you. Having gone hunting with my dad, I can confirm it is standard practice to wear bright orange vests and hats, plus my dad had extra orange strips to where we were waiting and to mark game if we got any, because you don't want to be carrying game back to camp and have a hunter try to shoot it. Really, you don't want to take any chances.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #44793 on: October 18, 2014, 09:21:36 pm »

My university actually has a riflery class. As well as shot trap, handgun qualification, and even archery.

All of which are hosted off-campus in another county, and the riflery class' "textbook" is issued by the NRA (I'm in said class), as are qualification certificates.

Also, none of our rifles have safeties. Instead, whenever we're carrying them to/from the range or when the range is cold, we have 'clear barrel indicators' - little bits of plastic you stick down the barrel through the action that stick up and are brightly colored.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44794 on: October 18, 2014, 09:43:40 pm »

I'm just going to start avoiding B12ers in TF2. Encouraging spawn camping? Really? How fucking lame.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44795 on: October 18, 2014, 09:53:34 pm »

My university actually has a riflery class. As well as shot trap, handgun qualification, and even archery.

All of which are hosted off-campus in another county, and the riflery class' "textbook" is issued by the NRA (I'm in said class), as are qualification certificates.

Also, none of our rifles have safeties. Instead, whenever we're carrying them to/from the range or when the range is cold, we have 'clear barrel indicators' - little bits of plastic you stick down the barrel through the action that stick up and are brightly colored.
What type of rifle? My muzzleloader doesn't have a a safety, but by not having a primer inserted it's safe enough to walk around with.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44796 on: October 18, 2014, 09:55:04 pm »

I'm just going to start avoiding B12ers in TF2. Encouraging spawn camping? Really? How fucking lame.

:<

not me

i'm cool
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44797 on: October 18, 2014, 10:03:50 pm »

eh? something happen between me leaving and now? i have no track of time

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #44798 on: October 18, 2014, 10:19:29 pm »

Maybe have slightly been me?  When we were on Badwater the teams were REALLY disbalanced, so there was one game where blue got spawn camped.  I participated but I don't know if that counts as "encouraging".

I... don't think spawn camping in TF2 is bad?  The team getting camped has so many advantages, if they lose there they would have lost anywhere else.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44799 on: October 18, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »

Some maps naturally lead to spawncamping.  For instance a lot of rounds on Nucleus (KOTH) have spawncamping at both ends because it's so small, and it doesn't feel too bad because you're gonna break out sooner or later due to your massive numbers advantage (if all else fails you can just repeatedly trade one-for-one with demo-charges or something).

It does suck if an attacking team is put on permanent lockdown, but if the teams are that unbalanced then it's not like avoiding spawncamping would help much, especially considering the fact that they have a large advantage when fighting at their spawn that they wouldn't have anywhere else on the map.  You'd just be massacring them at a different point instead.  Just vote to scramble if it starts happening.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44800 on: October 18, 2014, 10:37:32 pm »

Imagine the dirtiest swear word (in your opinion of course). Now imagine that it was three times as vile and socially unacceptable. That's the word I'd use to describe the customers I had to deal with today.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44801 on: October 18, 2014, 10:47:45 pm »

Imagine the dirtiest swear word (in your opinion of course). Now imagine that it was three times as vile and socially unacceptable. That's the word I'd use to describe the customers I had to deal with today.
That bad?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44802 on: October 18, 2014, 11:10:04 pm »

:<

not me

i'm cool
* Descan fistbumps the Vectbro.

ye girl

good on ye
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44803 on: October 18, 2014, 11:15:19 pm »

Damn, I never would have imagined a word worse than "Belgium".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44804 on: October 18, 2014, 11:16:37 pm »

Ni!
Pages: 1 ... 2985 2986 [2987] 2988 2989 ... 3345